Author Topic: Carmageddon from Google Play store  (Read 456 times)

adallas91 (OP)

Carmageddon from Google Play store
« on: April 14, 2017, 09:33:38 pm »
Hey all!

I'm new to both this forum and my GPD XD. I got it set up with legacyROM and Arc Browser just the way I like and everything runs great.

However, one of my favorite games on Android is Carmageddon which I've always wanted to play with real controls like back in the old DOS days, but it says it's incompatible with the GPD XD. Is there any way around this currently? I did originally download it, and it opens to a loading screen then just goes black indefinitely. Now when I search the playstore it just says it's not compatible and doesn't let me download it.

One other issue I've noticed is that when I set a wallpaper, upon reboot, the XD defaults to the regular multicoloured one. I did reinstall LegacyROM, but the issue came back.

Thanks for any help!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 09:35:39 pm by adallas91 »

skelton

Re: Carmageddon from Google Play store
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2017, 09:43:56 pm »
I never had issues with wallpapers atlhough some people report it. I use Zedge application to select wallpapers and never had a problem, my wallpaper remain after a reboot. No idea about carmageddon, if it doesn't show on play store probably the game has a bad manifest, because Nexus 5 is very compatible with apps, more than stock rom certainly. Try sideloading the game from another Android device.
Retired

ufo.mesh

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2017, 06:59:39 am »
Can't check the issue with the Carmageddon right now but can confirm the thing with wallpapers. It always resets to default one after reboot.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

skelton

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2017, 11:57:07 am »
Is this the carmageddon you are trying to install?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.stainlessgames.carmageddon&hl=es
According to google play, can be downloaded on LegacyROM, in fact my brother that has my XD could install it. Maybe the game has some country restriction and is not available for some countries.
About the wallpaper I was never able to reproduce the issue and no one send me a log to look at. Try with Zedge that has beatufil wallapapers and maybe you can change it. Or try copying your wallpaper to internal memory or change format to png.
Retired

ufo.mesh

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2017, 01:12:21 pm »
Can confirm, Carma doesn't work unfortunately. It's downloaded, installed successfully but freezes after intro on logo screen and nothing happens. I've tried different gamepad modes but no luck

skelton

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2017, 01:18:20 pm »
Maybe you can try with gltools with a GPU profile in case it's a ggx issue
Retired

emilianoi

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2017, 04:50:54 pm »
try turning off the wi fi and then open the game, it works for me

adallas91 (OP)

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2017, 06:31:51 pm »
try turning off the wi fi and then open the game, it works for me

This totally worked!! Not sure why, but turning the wifi off did seem to get past the black screen issue! Thanks!

Also Skelton, I tried using a non-live wallpaper and it seemed to save no problem! Issue appears to only be saving live wallpapers.

Thanks for all the help everyone!

Post a new topic