Author Topic: [ROM] LegacyROM Kitkat for GPD XD  (Read 202284 times)

Re: [ROM] LegacyROM Kitkat for GPD XD
« Reply #780 on: April 20, 2017, 10:24:05 pm »
Thank you for all the help. I've made my decision and decided to use method one.

Just need to use the computer at work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jpino3786

« Reply #781 on: April 21, 2017, 01:33:15 pm »
This may be a stupid question but I just thought of it to ask...I have 1.8ghz LegacyROM on the GPD.  Do I need to switch anything in the settings for the GPD to run at 1.8GHZ or does it detect automatically?

skelton (OP)

« Reply #782 on: April 21, 2017, 01:57:41 pm »
It is autodetected. You can change CPU speeds as you need though with an app like setcpu or kernel adiutor
Retired

jpino3786

« Reply #783 on: April 21, 2017, 03:00:50 pm »
It is autodetected. You can change CPU speeds as you need though with an app like setcpu or kernel adiutor

Ok awesome.  Is it bad to leave it set on 1.8 all the time if I was to change it?

skelton (OP)

« Reply #784 on: April 21, 2017, 04:43:03 pm »
The only way to run at 1,8 is using performance cpu governor. With default interactive governor the device use the speed it needs. It's not bad to have it at 1,8 ghz all the time, but device will get warmer and battery life wil be worse using perforance governor, so use it when you need it.
Retired

« Reply #785 on: April 21, 2017, 07:10:10 pm »
So set it to 1.8ghz when I'm ready to play a game with higher graphics and set it to 1.6ghz or lower for other games that don't require so much power?

tiagao_extremo

« Reply #786 on: April 21, 2017, 07:15:52 pm »
So set it to 1.8ghz when I'm ready to play a game with higher graphics and set it to 1.6ghz or lower for other games that don't require so much power?

Or you could set it to 1.8ghz all the time. When you're playing a not so demanding emulator/game you can set it to interactive and it will adjust the frequency according to the app. When playing a highly demanding game you can just set it to performance. That's usually what i do.

PsyOps

• Section Eight
« Reply #787 on: April 21, 2017, 08:09:39 pm »
How does that work?
Interactive kinda dictates how to toggle cpu?
Performance pushed the processor more?

and are these settings nub friendly ( assuming they dont play ppsspp or Dreamcast emulator 24/7 ) ?

FabianZettl

« Reply #788 on: April 21, 2017, 08:23:33 pm »
Quick question. I am on 1,6ghz null joystick version. Can I "upgrade" to 1,8ghz Version without losing anything?

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A3003 mit Tapatalk

skelton (OP)

« Reply #789 on: April 21, 2017, 09:04:03 pm »
How does that work?
Interactive kinda dictates how to toggle cpu?
Performance pushed the processor more?

and are these settings nub friendly ( assuming they dont play ppsspp or Dreamcast emulator 24/7 ) ?
Interactive governor use speed on demand, depending on the workloads. Performance use your max cpu speed selected all the time. You can change governors with any cpu app.
Interactive governor is the default in my custom kernel and in stock ROM too.
Quick question. I am on 1,6ghz null joystick version. Can I "upgrade" to 1,8ghz Version without losing anything?

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A3003 mit Tapatalk

Via sdcard using the update tablet app and selecting offline upgrade. Difference between 1,6 and 1,8 is very minimal though. Upgrading via sdcard is less suggested than via batchtool, but via batchtool you will lose your data.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 09:07:52 pm by skelton »
Retired

PsyOps

• Section Eight
« Reply #790 on: April 21, 2017, 09:21:33 pm »
Quote from: skelton
Interactive governor is the default in my custom kernel and in stock ROM too.

Ok so does this mean if i install LegacyRom1.8ghz, and install SetCpu then set it to interactive 1.8ghz .... That does nothing right? You already put that into your rom. Or did I not understand that right?

skelton (OP)

« Reply #791 on: April 21, 2017, 09:26:01 pm »
In my rom the default is interactive, like in stock ROM. So system will go to 1,8 GHz when needed. In stock ROM max is 1,4 and system will go to 1,4 when needed. If you don't use a cpu app system is always using interactive governor. If you need to change cpu governor, then a cpu app is needed.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 09:27:47 pm by skelton »
Retired

AlucardX

« Reply #792 on: April 22, 2017, 04:25:23 am »
I have mine set to 1.8 and performance governor most of the time (using No-frills CPU Control app), because I mostly play PSP and Saturn games, occasionally psx and N64 roms with HD texture packs, battery won't last all day but I get about 8 hours out of it, which is not bad. Having set to 1.8 and performance certainly helps with high performance games, for example like god of war or dantes inferno was simply unplayable on stock GPD xd, but now I can play these games smoothly, or even not that demanding psx and N64 games, I can play them smoothly with all settings in the emulator set to hq to improve graphics. The only downside of 1.8 and performance governor, you GPD will get really warm, almost hot sometimes, just something to keep in mind.

Post a new topic
Post a new topic