Author Topic: Official Gemei 330 Review Topic  (Read 56525 times)

streigh

Re: Official Gemei 330 Review Topic
« Reply #135 on: December 22, 2010, 09:17:23 pm »
What's emulation like for CPS1, CPS2 & Neo Geo? On my A320, the performance is only acceptable when overclocking to 400 MHz. Do these run smoothly on the A330?

The answer is two posts above....
Megadrive/Genesis emulator is the only one with slow down and sound issues.All games I've tried so far on the other Emus all run really well.

Ive only tested NES and SMD  - they are both great as far as i can tell - a few framing issues here and there but the speed seems fine

izze

« Reply #136 on: December 22, 2010, 09:26:04 pm »
Which File Types are supported by the Gemei A330 ?
Anyone got a list ? Does it also support ZIPPED Files ? Because i see that neo geo roms are splitted in more files (all with .ROM ending). Will this work ?
Still waiting for my A330 to arrive :(
Thanks

streigh

« Reply #137 on: December 22, 2010, 09:40:42 pm »
Which File Types are supported by the Gemei A330 ?
Anyone got a list ? Does it also support ZIPPED Files ? Because i see that neo geo roms are splitted in more files (all with .ROM ending). Will this work ?
Still waiting for my A330 to arrive :(
Thanks

oh - i forgot - ive also tested GBA and GBC (which ive had to rename to either GBA or JGC for the unit to recognize them

as for neo geo - i havent tested them cause i am lazy - they seem to need conversion as is the info about zip - but it seems the only zip supported is cps1
more info is in the wiki http://dingoowiki.com/index.php?title=Gemei_a330
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 09:45:14 pm by streigh »

SittButt

« Reply #138 on: December 22, 2010, 09:53:40 pm »
Me too waiting for Dingux ... that can take many months to have it ... got to be patient ...

SittButt

« Reply #139 on: December 23, 2010, 01:04:04 am »
It's also possible someone will port MAME to native, just like alekmaul did for the a320.

How, only a recompile with the SDK ?

How we can make this ?

blopa

« Reply #140 on: December 30, 2010, 07:42:22 am »
On fw 1.1 we lost the "multiplayer" option for GBA games? D:

SittButt

« Reply #141 on: December 30, 2010, 01:16:50 pm »

It's right ... the GBA games only work on Single Games menu.

izze

« Reply #142 on: December 30, 2010, 01:52:25 pm »
I received it today.. i already hate it.. The Display "Protection" sucks. Also if i plug it in Windows recognizes it but there is no Drive i can see anywhere. it Displays USB and something in Chinese.. after a few seconds an Icon with 2 arrows pops up, again something in chinese and i am back in main menu. The Gemei Battery icon on the top right Charges. But i cant get it to work, what am i doing wrong ?

Edit 1: When i first inserted the MiniSD Adapter into the gemei it got stuck.. had to pull it out with all my strenght.. now the adapter is wrecked, i hope the gemei is ok, will have to wait till my new Adapter is here.
Got the Protection Sticker on the Gemei without any bubbles! I am very proud of myself.
The Gemei doesnt work with my Windows 64bit. Had to install a 32 bit version. Now i can copy files to gemei.
First impressions: It is very very small.. The Screen is ok, i have nothing to compare it with, so i will just be happy with it. Speakers suck big time, very bad quality. Will test further....

Edit 2: The Sound lags on almost every game i tried and every platform. Is this normal ?!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 06:44:03 pm by izze »

1wiierdguy

« Reply #143 on: December 31, 2010, 12:18:49 am »
Nes andMegadrive/Genesis have sound lag. I have not noticed sound lag on any other platform on mine.

HammerHeart

« Reply #144 on: December 31, 2010, 03:48:09 am »
anyone figure out how to use the "strategy guide" section of the options menu on the GBA emu... would make my life playing FF Tactics a whole lot better!  ;D

jagotu

• * Former Staff
« Reply #145 on: December 31, 2010, 10:48:30 am »
On a320 it opened txt file with the same name as rom. For expample for FFT.gba it opened FFT.txt
Sorry guys for not caring about dingoonity lately. It was nice to be with you, and maybe I'll come back, but not now...

izze

« Reply #146 on: December 31, 2010, 12:13:32 pm »
Ok at least Marvel VS Street Fighter (CPS2) works almost perfect. I hope that they make progress on new firmware and emulators.
I tested the Super Nintendo (SFC) Emu and its quite good. Mortal Kombat 1-3 doesnt work, but some others work perfect, Many RPGs and Sports Games.
It seems CPS2 runs best (some speed issues on some games but other than that, very good working).
NES got some weird colours, or is my memory just so bad ? i can really remember how it looked back then, but well those have been 50/60hz TVs.
Some of the best Titles for Neo Geo dont work, most of them have bad GFX issues. Others dont seem to boot as it gets stuck in the Neo Geo Logo Loop.
Sega Mega Drive works pretty well, except for the sound (sound speed and sound lag) Hope that those get fixed because Mega Drive is one of my all time favorites.

I also got the one with the decent MPS Logo (which looks better than the MPS with the crazy Font in my opinion). I am still a bit disappointed by the screen, maybe i will open it up and see how it is connected, maybe i will install another screen with the same resolution/interface.

EDIT: I found out that the reason why not so many Neo Geo Roms worked is because i somehow got BAD Roms.. i found a place with correct ones, now almost everything works.. Yes.. :D

« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 01:29:45 pm by izze »

heilong79

« Reply #147 on: January 01, 2011, 11:51:09 am »
oh, you got the one with the "boring" font on the front ;D

I got the stylized font which I like the look of better.

It can play HD MKV files which is a big deal as even a hacked xbox(original) media center cant do that.
Screen is a little small but fine for games. Glad they released a Snes emu. It is way better tan a Iphone for emulation so  I am happy, Just waiting for BooBoo to release Dingux which realistically should not take long as Geimei is supporting him and he just need to recompile so it can work on a arm processor.

blopa

« Reply #148 on: January 01, 2011, 10:21:07 pm »

It's right ... the GBA games only work on Single Games menu.

Why did they removed this option? ;/

Another question... can someone tell me how to save a game without having to use "save state" option? Is it even possible?
Thanks and happy 2011 to everybody! =)

izze

« Reply #149 on: January 04, 2011, 03:08:05 pm »
Hey blopa.. i havent tried saving a game without save state, because save state is so much more comfortable.
No need to use other saving methods in my opinion.. What are you looking for exactly ? Any special game?
Greets