Author Topic: Gemei A330 MAME4ALL on its way!  (Read 6625 times)

trasric

Re: Gemei A330 MAME4ALL on its way!
« Reply #75 on: April 20, 2017, 09:31:59 pm »

Finally I found out that changing CC extention to c3s will do the trick.

Yea it depends on what Firmware u have. Some Firmware versions supports .cc extensions while some others .c3s extensions.

Also Igor check ur messages.

Melquiades

« Reply #76 on: May 03, 2017, 06:54:12 am »
Looking forward to trying this as soon as possible.

What are your plans after this? Please be Temper... although  a modification of the Genesis emulator to allow for double buffer to increase framerrate, just like they did with the Dingoo A330 would be almost as good.

slaanesh (OP)

• Slaanesh Dev
« Reply #77 on: May 03, 2017, 07:17:43 am »
Temper would be awesome and possibly fairly easy  :)

Melquiades

« Reply #78 on: May 03, 2017, 01:51:44 pm »
Wow. I have just tried some roms and I am  blown away. Good work people! Thank you very much!

Neo Geo roms with heavy scaling are not slowed down at all, and games like ghosts and goblins run at good framerrate. I will try tonight heavyweights like dodonpachi and such and revert. Right now I just can say that this is fairly impressive. Who could have guess the gemei would have a comeback like this! 

Now, after seeing what you can done, surprise us with Temper. Even the Dingoo A320/A330 run it very well so it should not be a problem. Thinking about having the PCE castlevania in my hands again make me tremble.

chevette

« Reply #79 on: May 03, 2017, 04:24:43 pm »
Has the newest Mame4All been released? I think I'm using Beta 3......I would love to see an Atari 2600 release for the Gemei A330. Thanks slaanesh for your great releases.

trasric

« Reply #80 on: May 04, 2017, 05:06:01 pm »
Slaanesh i have a question. As Melquiades also noticed, in .dat file there is some ''Cave'' games like DonPachi and DoDonPachi. But these game cant be found in any of the emulator game categories. You have any clue about that?

slaanesh (OP)

• Slaanesh Dev
« Reply #81 on: May 05, 2017, 03:00:48 pm »
That's because that dat file is generated by the Pandora version of Mame4all. I'll add cave in and see how it runs. Should be fine.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 01:47:47 am by slaanesh »

slaanesh (OP)

• Slaanesh Dev
« Reply #82 on: May 09, 2017, 01:22:28 am »
Okay I've added DonPachi to the "Neogeo" module as it has the largest amount of spare ram.

I've tested:
DonPachi, Hotdog Storm and Mazinger which all work very nicely.
DonPachi is a lot of fun - one of my favorite shooters from the early 90s. Up there with Raiden and Twin Cobra.

Air Gallet and Dangun Feveron should also work. May also be too big.

The others: DoDonPachi, Uo Poko and Guwange are just too big.

Are there any other issues?
Missing games?
Games not yet implemented from more advanced versions of MAME?
Bear in mind that about 10-12MB of EXPANDED ROM size is the maximum we can handle.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 01:56:46 am by slaanesh »

slaanesh (OP)

• Slaanesh Dev
« Reply #83 on: May 09, 2017, 02:25:30 am »
Just having a look at how the cave.c vidhrdw driver works. Typically, not very efficient in terms of memory usage.
It's possible to halve some elements of the sprite graphics storage so I'm looking into doing this and hopefully get some more cave.c games to work.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 02:53:28 am by slaanesh »

trasric

« Reply #84 on: May 09, 2017, 03:39:35 am »
Thank you very much slaanesh. DonPachi and Raiden are some of my favorite games too.
I'm checking all games and i let you know if i find something to mention.
So far i found that i cant insert coins in ''Indiana Jones temple of doom''.
Also its possible to add ''Chase HQ'' from Taito? I like so much this game!

slaanesh (OP)

• Slaanesh Dev
« Reply #85 on: May 09, 2017, 04:42:19 am »
Ah good old Indy!
I did some fixes for this for the Dingoo A320 version - something to do with previous PC for the M68000.

I'll have a look.

Melquiades

« Reply #86 on: May 09, 2017, 06:42:45 am »
Ah good old Indy!
I did some fixes for this for the Dingoo A320 version - something to do with previous PC for the M68000.

I'll have a look.

Thanks for all this work Slaanesh, looking forward to "Beta 4"...

Anyway, since you ask I can see there are some other games in the list that do not show up when running any of the cc/c3s files:
- MK2
- EspRade, Gunbird
- Joe & Mac :cave man ninja
- Shadow Dancer / Shinobi
- Vigilante

Other games I think should be possible to run although they may be on the limit are Guardians (Denjin Makai II) -what a  masterpiece by the way-, Golden Axe Revenge of Death Adder, Methamorphic Force, Ninja Baseball Bat Man, Gaia Crusaders,  Night Slashers, Mutant Fighter, Secret Agent. All of them are below the 12 mb limit and I believe they have been in MAME since times immemorial so maybe it can be done.

What I think it won't be possible at all is to add any IGS/PGM games, a shame, as some are really good (demon's front, Knights of valour,...).

But anyway, and again, thanks a lot. I was playing yesterday Gradius II, something I sorely missed since I sold my Saturn last year, and it blew my mind off how well it runs.

slaanesh (OP)

• Slaanesh Dev
« Reply #87 on: May 09, 2017, 06:58:19 am »
Ah good old Indy!

I'll have a look.

Thanks for all this work Slaanesh, looking forward to "Beta 4"...

Anyway, since you ask I can see there are some other games in the list that do not show up when running any of the cc/c3s files:
- MK2
- EspRade, Gunbird
- Joe & Mac :cave man ninja
- Shadow Dancer / Shinobi
- Vigilante

Other games I think should be possible to run although they may be on the limit are Guardians (Denjin Makai II) -what a  masterpiece by the way-, Golden Axe Revenge of Death Adder, Methamorphic Force, Ninja Baseball Bat Man, Gaia Crusaders,  Night Slashers, Mutant Fighter, Secret Agent. All of them are below the 12 mb limit and I believe they have been in MAME since times immemorial so maybe it can be done.

What I think it won't be possible at all is to add any IGS/PGM games, a shame, as some are really good (demon's front, Knights of valour,...).

But anyway, and again, thanks a lot. I was playing yesterday Gradius II, something I sorely missed since I sold my Saturn last year, and it blew my mind off how well it runs.

Unfortunately the games you mention are all fairly big. The size limit is the expanded size after it's been uncompressed.

For example guardians (grdians.zip) is about 14MB but uncompressed the files inside are 36MB. Too big for our little Gemei A330. I know what you are thinking - but it's got 64MB! But it doesn't really and the memory it does have is not contiguous. Ie. about 20MB block is the largest single block.

Other games you mention: MK2, EspRade, Gunbird, etc are too big.
All these games would work on a GCW-Zero or Pandora though and run very nicely.

"Ninja Baseball Bat Man" should actually be included in DeasIrem module but it's dead slow running.
Tried some improvements to it but it's just too much.
"Secret Agent" exists - look at "Sly Spy" in DeasIrem.
"Joe and Mac" is Caveman Ninja in DeasIrem.
"Vigilante" should  also be in DeasIrem.
"Shadow Dancer" in VectSega.

Any others you are interested in? Best bet are games up until the early 90s.
I've tried getting Enduro Racer going but it's such a pain!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 07:03:44 am by slaanesh »

slaanesh (OP)

• Slaanesh Dev
« Reply #88 on: May 12, 2017, 03:46:26 am »
Cave games status on Gemei A330.
The basic problem still is lack of RAM despite halving some of the RAM requirements for the sprite graphics.

Working:
DonPachi, Hotdog Storm, Mazinger, Dangun Feveron

Almost working:
DoDonPachi, Air Gallet

Not going to work:
EspRade, Guwange, Uo Poko

Post a new topic