Author Topic: I NEED TEMPER or another working PcEngine emulator  (Read 35916 times)

MacDonals

Re: I NEED TEMPER or another working PcEngine emulator
« Reply #30 on: October 08, 2013, 12:21:50 pm »
How do you save a state?

qbertaddict

• * Former Staff
  • The Doctor
    • about.me
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2013, 08:45:36 am »
How do you save a state?
Go into the menu and select save state. On temper press the hold button to get into the menu

Atlantis_Risen

« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2013, 08:27:54 pm »
How do you save a state?
Go into the menu and select save state. On temper press the hold button to get into the menu

What's the hold button?
Thanks!

Harteex

• * Administrator
    • Harteex Productions
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2013, 09:27:31 pm »
How do you save a state?

What's the hold button?
Thanks!

Move the power slider downwards instead of upwards.
(Not really a good button to use for menu imo though...)

fredmacking

« Reply #34 on: October 11, 2013, 02:46:00 am »
Anyone tested any tg16 CD games.... I can't get any to work

Atlantis_Risen

« Reply #35 on: October 11, 2013, 03:41:30 am »

Yes, using Temper they all work for me so far.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 03:45:35 am by Atlantis_Risen »

fredmacking

« Reply #36 on: October 11, 2013, 05:18:10 am »
does anybody mind giving me a quick tutorial on how to install the non opk version of temper?

fredmacking

« Reply #37 on: October 11, 2013, 06:23:48 am »
Nevermind I got it.

retroman

« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2013, 08:39:29 pm »
Can you kindly share the tutorial with us?

qbertaddict

• * Former Staff
  • The Doctor
    • about.me
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2013, 03:34:56 am »
does anybody mind giving me a quick tutorial on how to install the non opk version of temper?
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYK67N8Bwrc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYK67N8Bwrc</a>

opt2not

« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2013, 04:47:08 am »

Yes, using Temper they all work for me so far.
Just got this going as well. It's pretty awesome! Dracula X, Cotton, Dungeon Explorer II, all the Ys', and R-type Complete all run great.

A couple pointers if you're wanting to get this going:
1. I found ogg's worked better than wavs. For some games the wavs ended up sounding scratchy and tinny, but once I converted them to ogg, all was good.
2. make sure that the cue files are pointing to the ogg's
3. Like qbertaddict said: "you need syscard3.bin in the syscard directory. Do a search for it. Also do a search for the wiz version of temper it has all the instructions and the converter app for cd's"

Questions: Does Temper crash for you guys when trying to get to the emulator's menu while running a game?
It just kicks me completely out of Temper when I try.

Is there a way to enable Output Logs for .dge installs?

Gab1975

« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2013, 03:42:07 pm »
I made a quick test of Temper... I tested about 15-16 HuCard games (jap/usa) and all work fine (full speed and without glitches)... I tested 4 CD games: Akumajou Dracula X (J) and Cotton Fantastic Night Dream (U) work fine; Star Parodia (J) displays a message on screen (japanese language), probably that the system is incompatible with the software (I tried to replace the version of syscard*.bin, but nothing has changed); Super Air Zonk doesn't run...

Moreover I found some "issues" in the emulator... in the configure pad menu the keys X and Y are inverted (of course, this emulator is based on dingoo keymap); the assign of the triggers is "locked" (L trigger fast forward and R trigger exit to the emulator) the remapping doesn't  work...

qbertaddict

• * Former Staff
  • The Doctor
    • about.me
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2013, 05:31:31 pm »
I made a quick test of Temper... I tested about 15-16 HuCard games (jap/usa) and all work fine (full speed and without glitches)... I tested 4 CD games: Akumajou Dracula X (J) and Cotton Fantastic Night Dream (U) work fine; Star Parodia (J) displays a message on screen (japanese language), probably that the system is incompatible with the software (I tried to replace the version of syscard*.bin, but nothing has changed); Super Air Zonk doesn't run...

Moreover I found some "issues" in the emulator... in the configure pad menu the keys X and Y are inverted (of course, this emulator is based on dingoo keymap); the assign of the triggers is "locked" (L trigger fast forward and R trigger exit to the emulator) the remapping doesn't  work...
Remapping x y a and b works without issue. For japanese games make sure you have the japanese syscard or the arcade card bios

Gab1975

« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2013, 08:47:37 pm »

Remapping x y a and b works without issue. For japanese games make sure you have the japanese syscard or the arcade card bios

Thanks for help! :)
Yes, I have already remapped the x and y buttons... I tried also to remap L and R triggers, but it's not possible, their functions are "preset" (L trigger "fast forward" and R trigger "exit")...
I tested Star Parodia (J) and Super Air Zonk (U) with all bios (jap syscard, usa syscard and game express syscard), but they don't want run (maybe a compatibily problem with the emulator)... I tested 3 new CD games, and they run fine: Bakushou Yoshimoto no Shinkigeki (J), Bonk III CD (U) and Wonder Boy III - Monster Lair (U).

opt2not

« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2013, 10:01:23 pm »
Yes, I have already remapped the x and y buttons... I tried also to remap L and R triggers, but it's not possible, their functions are "preset" (L trigger "fast forward" and R trigger "exit")...
Ohhh...thats why it boots me out of the emulator...R trigger is not Menu like the settings say in the emulator's menu.
Ok then, so my emulator isn't crashing when trying to access the menu. Ha!  8)

But accessing the menu through the hold/lock-button is just silly. ;)

I tested Star Parodia (J) and Super Air Zonk (U) with all bios (jap syscard, usa syscard and game express syscard), but they don't want run (maybe a compatibily problem with the emulator)... I tested 3 new CD games, and they run fine: Bakushou Yoshimoto no Shinkigeki (J), Bonk III CD (U) and Wonder Boy III - Monster Lair (U).
I just tried Super Air Zonk, and it runs without issue for me. Did you verify your .cue file is pointing to the right binaries and music files?

Post a new topic