Author Topic: Emulator requests thread  (Read 35218 times)

gameblabla

Re: Emulator requests thread
« Reply #80 on: August 14, 2015, 12:57:54 am »
Are there any plans for Sharp X68000 emulator?
There's Px68k that could be ported to the GCW0.
Too bad it doesn't support AMD64 though, this makes testing more difficult on my 64-bits distro...
EDIT: David has a working port. (forgot to read the whole thread)
Wish he would publish it (even if unfinished) though...
Are there any plans for Sega Saturn emulator?
Apparently, Yabause has a SDL support. (Ptitseb mentions it in his Pandora port)
I couldn't find any reference to SDL in Yabause's source code though...
Are there any plans for NesterJ emulator?
There's FCEU for GCW, i may i ask you what NesterJ can do what FCEU can't ?
Are there any plans for CPS3 emulator?
I don't know any CPS3 emu other than MAME so dunno.

Oh, OOOHHH. You said : "Are there any plans" ?
Plans ? Hmm. No.
Maybe David Knight from Newcastle plans to port Yabause.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 01:07:51 am by gameblabla »

care16la20

« Reply #81 on: August 14, 2015, 01:27:50 am »

Mednafen maybe? Due to TG16 FX and PSX emulation....

gameblabla

« Reply #82 on: August 14, 2015, 02:54:32 am »
Mednafen maybe? Due to TG16 FX and PSX emulation....
enodr did a port of Mednafen but for some odd reasons, it only works from the terminal/Emulation Station.
I made a opk for Mednafen and i tried to start mednafen from the opk and but it crashes.
It can't save settings in /usr/local/home/nafen apparently.
Looks like its trying to save inside the opk.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 02:57:45 am by gameblabla »

David Knight (OP)

« Reply #83 on: August 14, 2015, 07:18:51 am »
Are there any plans for Sharp X68000 emulator?
There's Px68k that could be ported to the GCW0.
Too bad it doesn't support AMD64 though, this makes testing more difficult on my 64-bits distro...
EDIT: David has a working port. (forgot to read the whole thread)
Wish he would publish it (even if unfinished) though...
Oh, OOOHHH. You said : "Are there any plans" ?
Plans ? Hmm. No.
Maybe David Knight from Newcastle plans to port Yabause.

If the Px68k port was of sufficient quality I would have released it.

It isn't.

I have no plans to port Yabause at the moment.

superfenix2020

« Reply #84 on: August 14, 2015, 09:30:32 am »
Quote from: David Knight
If the Px68k port was of sufficient quality I would have released it.

It isn't.

I have no plans to port Yabause at the moment.
ok thanks
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 10:22:58 pm by superfenix2020 »

zhongtiao1

« Reply #85 on: August 15, 2015, 06:41:53 pm »
What about a MESS port? it has SDL support and people would be able to supply their own bios and roms. You could restrict the amount of systems used to the ones that don't have an emulator currently.

superfenix2020

« Reply #86 on: August 16, 2015, 10:08:29 pm »
Quote from: gameblabla
Because the game Akumajou Densetsu not good work in FCEU.

In NesterJ of PSP, works perfect.

The GBA emulator in PSP, works very well too.

The CPS2 emulator, too..

screens comparative PSP GO Vs GCW Zero

« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 10:19:32 pm by superfenix2020 »

lemmywinks

« Reply #87 on: August 16, 2015, 11:34:35 pm »

Wow that's quite a difference! I have a GO with CFW, might stick some emulators on it.
Handhelds:
GPD Win, GPD XD 64gb, Pap KIII-Plus, RS-97, RS-90, New Bittboy, 3DS XL, DSi XL, GBA SP, GBBC Clone, Gameboy Pocket, PSP Go,
PC:
HP Envy M6, Acer 522, Dell Mini 9
Psion 5 & 5MX
Tons of other old laptops and tablets.....

nielo360

« Reply #88 on: August 19, 2015, 12:43:32 pm »
Quote from: gameblabla
Because the game Akumajou Densetsu not good work in FCEU.

Really nice pics, just out of curiosity, in this pic of metroid the ground is blue in gcw and its black with blue ridges on the psp..which one is correct?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 12:45:51 pm by nielo360 »

zear

« Reply #89 on: August 19, 2015, 02:06:50 pm »
Really nice pics, just out of curiosity, in this pic of metroid the ground is blue in gcw and its black with blue ridges on the psp..which one is correct?
It is blue on both devices, just with different shades of the color. It can be most likely attributed to the LCD brightness settings (which are adjustable).

PS. This is an emulator request thread, please get back on topic.

nielo360

« Reply #90 on: September 03, 2015, 12:23:15 pm »
This https://mgba.io/ is a very promising open source GBA emulator mgba, one of the few that accurately ran kill switch(aims to run classic nes as well). Its open source so if anyone with a know how wants to port it that will be great!(variety is always good). gpsp couldnt run doom/duke nukem at proper speed..but Ill definitely try it with Regba.

(my gcw is finally at customs)

As everyone else has asked this many times. a Ps1 emulator would be my  no 1 request. Someone in the above post mentioned they were able to load mednafen, Id love to know how it performs.

Surkow

• * Administrator
« Reply #91 on: September 03, 2015, 02:08:43 pm »
This https://mgba.io/ is a very promising open source GBA emulator mgba, one of the few that accurately ran kill switch(aims to run classic nes as well). Its open source so if anyone with a know how wants to port it that will be great!(variety is always good). gpsp couldnt run doom/duke nukem at proper speed..but Ill definitely try it with Regba.

(my gcw is finally at customs)

As everyone else has asked this many times. a Ps1 emulator would be my  no 1 request. Someone in the above post mentioned they were able to load mednafen, Id love to know how it performs.
mGBA does not work full speed right now on the GCW Zero. It does not have to be ported - it can be compiled as is. As its development is currently in flux I don't recommend a binary release right now.

Niko

« Reply #92 on: September 03, 2015, 07:57:35 pm »
I'd like to see a snes emulator with better sound accuracy, and aspect ratio control.

I've cross compiled snes9x-next and retroarch but I'm unable to do testing at the moment. Also not really sure how to go about developing a frontend and ensuring everything complies with the porting guidelines.

nielo360

« Reply #93 on: September 04, 2015, 04:10:32 am »
I'd like to see a snes emulator with better sound accuracy, and aspect ratio control.

I've cross compiled snes9x-next and retroarch but I'm unable to do testing at the moment. Also not really sure how to go about developing a frontend and ensuring everything complies with the porting guidelines.

I may be wrong but isnt the current snes emulator on gcw based on snes9x? or is snes9x-next diffrent from that?

Niko

« Reply #94 on: September 04, 2015, 02:21:59 pm »

I may be wrong but isnt the current snes emulator on gcw based on snes9x? or is snes9x-next diffrent from that?

The "PocketSNES" emulator for the GCW is based off CATSFC which is a DSTwo emulator thats based off snes9x-1.43. The emulator runs well but the sound is cringe worthy. Snes9x-Next is a libretro rewrite of snes9x-1.53 which is quite a bit newer. There for more likely to have better sound accuracy.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 02:26:24 pm by Niko »

gameblabla

« Reply #95 on: September 04, 2015, 02:48:26 pm »
mGBA does not work full speed right now on the GCW Zero. It does not have to be ported - it can be compiled as is. As its development is currently in flux I don't recommend a binary release right now.
I'm a bit surprised mgba doesn't work very well on GCW0 because it uses 8% on one core on my 2Ghz cpu.
I compiled it with libsdl1.2 though... not with the default library, SDL2, which i avoided.
mGBA is tough to cross-compile though... I wish they would provide a makefile.

It's going to be pretty hacky but you can take a look at my Oswan emulator (which i based the menu on alekmaul's one).
Take the menu.c file and plug the emulator to it.
If that's too complicated, then i can give you my simple & portable file browser that can be used for emulators.

Nebuleon already mentioned why he didn't released Snes9x 1.53, it's way too slow. (20 FPS for Yoshi Island)
Snes9x-next could work better though but i doubt.

Niko

« Reply #96 on: September 04, 2015, 03:28:08 pm »
Nebuleon already mentioned why he didn't released Snes9x 1.53, it's way too slow. (20 FPS for Yoshi Island)
Snes9x-next could work better though but i doubt.

Ohh really? I wonder why that is? I guess the single core 1Ghz CPU just isnt enough :/

gameblabla

« Reply #97 on: September 04, 2015, 03:33:24 pm »
Ohh really? I wonder why that is? I guess the single core 1Ghz CPU just isnt enough :/
You should look at his post he posted while ago here.
But basically, it would need serious optimisations/asm mips hand writing in order to run fullspeed on gcw0, due to snes9x 1.53 being much more accurate.

Unfortunely, he already left the community a while ago due to a clash with a member so i don't know what we can do.
GCC 5.2 could help i guess ?

I think it will be wiser to take David's PocketSnes fork and backport the audio from Snes9X 1.53.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 03:36:55 pm by gameblabla »

dreamesper

• Dreamesper
« Reply #98 on: September 14, 2015, 12:10:59 am »
Hey everyone... any news on PSX emulation being a possibility within the near future??

Thanks.

;)

gameblabla

« Reply #99 on: September 14, 2015, 02:30:36 am »
Hey everyone... any news on PSX emulation being a possibility within the near future??
Thanks.
 ;)
Every PSX emulators i know are all non-portable.
PCSX-Reloaded requires GTK2 (and now GTK3), all the other ones are proprietary.

I think that only Mednafen could be properly ported to GCW0, it has been done already and PSX emulation should work as well.
It's command-line only though, you could try to run it like this :
./mednafen -video.driver sdl -video.fs 1 -video.frameskip 0 /media/data/roms/mypsxiso.bin

I have not actually tried it with PSX roms though, i guess i should test it myself.

Even Mednafen is mess to compile for GCW0 because it makes you require OpenGL, even though it has an entire SDL backend
that does not use OpenGL. Talk about portability...
This was one of the main reasons why i worked on my WS emu because if Mednafen did not suffered from that issue,
Gameblabla's Oswan might have never happened.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 02:38:35 am by gameblabla »