Author Topic: Emulator requests thread  (Read 35222 times)

tekkaman

Re: Emulator requests thread
« Reply #60 on: April 03, 2015, 02:38:58 am »
It would be nice to have a Pc-Engine emulator with scaling and vsync .

I use Temper, it works great for me.

http://boards.dingoonity.org/gcw-zero-emulation/i-need-temper-or-another-working-pcengine-emulator/

I haven't been able to Play CD games with it yet. Plus It's not officially ported. 

fiver

« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2015, 03:21:30 am »
Yeah, I was going to say TG-16 / PCEngine, but I was afraid of getting flamed because I saw another thread with a dev saying that it was "on its way".

http://boards.dingoonity.org/gcw-zero-emulation/i-need-temper-or-another-working-pcengine-emulator/

So, how difficult is it to get Temper running on the Zero? (Also, what is vsync, and why do I want / need it?)

tekkaman

« Reply #62 on: April 03, 2015, 07:05:09 pm »
I found an opk posted in this forum somewhere. Don't remember the link. It works but no CD support. I read there's CD support if you use the Dingoo version. But I haven't tried it. Vsync prevents tearing when there's lots of movement. If you try the Fplayer for the Zero that is an example  of tearing when you don't have Vsync.

Atlantis_Risen

« Reply #63 on: April 03, 2015, 09:16:38 pm »

I haven't been able to Play CD games with it yet. Plus It's not officially ported.

I play TG-16 CD games, they work perfectly.  But I remember it took some doing to get them working.  and I use the Zero version. not the dingoo.

David Knight (OP)

« Reply #64 on: April 03, 2015, 09:28:31 pm »
There's no released source code for Temper :(

Awakened

« Reply #65 on: April 04, 2015, 12:15:28 am »

Mednafen has the most accurate PC Engine emulation and is open source  ;). It even has a faster PCE core that is slightly less accurate if the normal one is too much for the Zero. There was one attempt at porting it here, but it didn't get very far along. I'm sure a good port with a settings GUI would take a decent bit of work.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 12:17:28 am by Awakened »

tekkaman

« Reply #66 on: April 04, 2015, 12:32:52 am »

I play TG-16 CD games, they work perfectly.  But I remember it took some doing to get them working.  and I use the Zero version. not the dingoo.

Perhaps I didn't put the files/bios in the correct place. It's always difficult for me to get them where they belong.

Atlantis_Risen

« Reply #67 on: April 04, 2015, 12:54:20 am »

Perhaps I didn't put the files/bios in the correct place. It's always difficult for me to get them where they belong.

I think if you read through the thread I linked to, it mostly explains how to get it working.

zhongtiao1

« Reply #68 on: April 05, 2015, 02:32:52 am »

Mednafen has the most accurate PC Engine emulation and is open source  ;). It even has a faster PCE core that is slightly less accurate if the normal one is too much for the Zero. There was one attempt at porting it here, but it didn't get very far along. I'm sure a good port with a settings GUI would take a decent bit of work.
And, if mednafen was ported, we would have PC-FX emulation as well :)

David Knight (OP)

« Reply #69 on: April 05, 2015, 05:42:07 am »

It already has been, it runs slooow.

http://boards.dingoonity.org/gcw-development/mednafen-multiple-console-emulator/

zhongtiao1

« Reply #70 on: April 05, 2015, 03:42:19 pm »

It already has been, it runs slooow.

http://boards.dingoonity.org/gcw-development/mednafen-multiple-console-emulator/
I don't consider it a true port since it hasn't been optimized for the Zero.

tekkaman

« Reply #71 on: April 05, 2015, 05:26:47 pm »
I don't know where to put the syscard in Temper. Is that the bios ?

fiver

« Reply #72 on: April 05, 2015, 09:58:06 pm »

IIRC, one of the devs around here claimed that getting Mednafen optimized for the Zero would require a major rewrite. It would be nice if it could be done, though, since Mednafen is my favorite emulator. (And it has PSX support!)

zhongtiao1

« Reply #73 on: April 05, 2015, 10:11:09 pm »

IIRC, one of the devs around here claimed that getting Mednafen optimized for the Zero would require a major rewrite. It would be nice if it could be done, though, since Mednafen is my favorite emulator. (And it has PSX support!)
As well as Virtual Boy. That, PSX, and PC-FX are three systems I would like to play on the Zero (I would also like Game.com, Mega Duck, and Super A'can, but those won't happen anytime soon.) Sega Saturn would be nice to have as well, but I am impartial about whether I play it or not on my Zero.

Orion4874

« Reply #74 on: May 03, 2015, 07:02:02 am »
This was recently ported to the Pandora and it was previously ported to the PSP and Androidas well. It's a Sharp X68000 emu and after playing the Pandora version I have to say it's pretty impressive. They have pixel perfect arcade versions of some games on there such as SFII, Rygar, Strider and Castlevania. That's just a few but there are over 3000 games for the system.

Source code for px68k is here, https://github.com/hissorii/px68k

David Knight (OP)

« Reply #75 on: May 03, 2015, 01:02:59 pm »
This was recently ported to the Pandora and it was previously ported to the PSP and Androidas well. It's a Sharp X68000 emu and after playing the Pandora version I have to say it's pretty impressive. They have pixel perfect arcade versions of some games on there such as SFII, Rygar, Strider and Castlevania. That's just a few but there are over 3000 games for the system.

I already compiled and tested it and it works fine but the performance was too slow. I've not had a chance to do any further work on it yet hence no news.

Orion4874

« Reply #76 on: May 06, 2015, 03:25:46 am »

I already compiled and tested it and it works fine but the performance was too slow. I've not had a chance to do any further work on it yet hence no news.
I see, well I'm happy just knowing that it's on your radar. Hopefully you can get it to a playable level at some point but even if you can't thanks for trying!

howie_k

« Reply #77 on: May 09, 2015, 03:26:13 pm »
An OPK version of the C64 emulator Vice would be great, particularly if one of the face buttons could have the Up direction additionally mapped, which would make playing platformers and driving games much better (where up is jump/accelerate).

David Knight (OP)

« Reply #78 on: May 09, 2015, 06:47:54 pm »
An OPK version of the C64 emulator Vice would be great, particularly if one of the face buttons could have the Up direction additionally mapped, which would make playing platformers and driving games much better (where up is jump/accelerate).
Agree. It's on my todo list.

superfenix2020

« Reply #79 on: August 14, 2015, 12:45:20 am »
Are there any plans for Sharp X68000 emulator?
Are there any plans for CPS3 emulator?
Are there any plans for Sega Saturn emulator?
Are there any plans for NesterJ emulator?

Thanks
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 12:49:34 am by superfenix2020 »

Post a new topic