Author Topic: Streets of Rage Remake v5.1  (Read 17204 times)

Kouen Hasuki

Re: Streets of Rage Remake v5.1
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2014, 10:56:22 am »
Yea I get a hell of a lot of crashes too, I cant even finish a stage and have to trash the save state data or I wont be able to get back in otherwise.

Seems save states are what cause the issue from what I can see

tekkaman

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2015, 10:19:29 am »
I don't know if the crashes are really the save states problem because for me the crashing happens depending on what you do. If you select Axel or Blaze and always select the SoR 2 path and never take any other direction you can actually beat the game. I've beaten it twice. If you select any other path the game crashes. To me it looks more like a memory problem. Other stages taking more memory and causing the game to crash.

zear

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2015, 09:52:39 pm »
You can monitor the memory usage by telnetting to your GCW Zero and running "htop" command.

tekkaman

« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2015, 10:03:44 pm »
I don't know how to do that since I'm not good at Linux. I was more like being a beta tester.

glimmer

« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2015, 10:48:30 pm »
I don't know how to do that since I'm not good at Linux. I was more like being a beta tester.
If you can telnet to the prompt, type "htop" to run htop. (No quotes.) Press Q or F10 to exit htop when you're done. Ctrl+D or type "exit" to log out.

htop uses simple keyboard shortcuts, which are listed in the bottom status bar. F1 for help. In this case, you probably want F6 for "sort by". Use the arrow keys and Enter to select "PERCENT_MEM".

care16la20

« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2015, 04:52:30 pm »
Hi this is a very nice remake (almost better than the originals in every aspect) but depend on the path taken, it crashes...

Is it possible to sort what is causing those crashes? Only taking one route let me arrive at the last boss...

Thanks

gameblabla

« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2015, 06:50:11 pm »
Is it possible to sort what is causing those crashes? Only taking one route let me arrive at the last boss...
No, because the SoRR team do not want to release the source code because of "SEGA",
even they own the source code. It's just that they used sega's assets to do the game...

Without the source code, nobody can't fix bugs like this unless one is crazy enough to reverse
engineer the dcb file.
Josebagar did some progress, (he did a program to extract the resources from the huge dcb file)
but that's about it.

If you badly want to see it fixed, ask the team to release the source code.
Without it, NOTHING can be done.

THE END

care16la20

« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2015, 12:43:06 am »
No, because the SoRR team do not want to release the source code because of "SEGA",
even they own the source code. It's just that they used sega's assets to do the game...

Without the source code, nobody can't fix bugs like this unless one is crazy enough to reverse
engineer the dcb file.
Josebagar did some progress, (he did a program to extract the resources from the huge dcb file)
but that's about it.

If you badly want to see it fixed, ask the team to release the source code.
Without it, NOTHING can be done.

THE END

Well, I MAY have found the cause of the crashes... It looks like the realtime shadows requires extra sources that the port cant handle... So, changing on the main menu those shadows that look great to SOR that are not bad made the game run without any crashes

THE END ;)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 12:46:14 am by care16la20 »

tekkaman

« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2015, 03:49:13 pm »
You mean change to the basic shadows and you haven't had a crash anymore ? That is a great find!

temaat89

« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2016, 04:36:06 pm »
Anyone have an updated link?

dustyluke33

« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2016, 11:00:41 am »
Can someone please assist? I have tried both the 5.0 and 5.1 OPK and it is not showing up on my GCW0 at all!

Post a new topic