Author Topic: Potator V1.1  (Read 6626 times)

alekmaul (OP)

• Portabledev
Potator V1.1
« on: September 17, 2013, 07:05:55 am »
Hello all,

Here is a new version of my emulator for GCW-ZERO, Potator, a Watara Supervision emulator :)

What's new :
V1.1 : 17/09/2013
  Fixed  : last register for fm voice not write
  Fixed  : some typo in readme file
  Fixed  : game crc was not good (always 0)
  Update : sound driver rewrite to be more accurate with MESS version driver

Picture (from Windows SDL version, the source code is compatible) :

You can download here :
- Potator GCW0 v1.1 : potator opk executables

Source code is available on my github : https://github.com/alekmaul/potator

Enjoy :) !

alyinsanfran

Re: Potator V1.1
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 04:50:06 pm »
Thank you, this was a fun little system.

Gab1975

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2014, 03:43:57 pm »
I made an alternative icon.png for this emulator... I hope you like it! :)

Xaijiqq

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2014, 01:50:53 am »
so how exactly do we add these new icons?

btw this is a great emulator, its nice to play super kong on gcw :)

Gab1975

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2014, 06:36:06 am »

You need to unpack the potator.opk with an appropriate software (like 7zip), replace the icon.png and re-pack with the Open Package Creator or similar software...
I already made a re-packed opk, but I prefer wait the opinion of Alekmaul before to post the link! :)

Xaijiqq

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2014, 07:35:28 am »
oh i see thanks.  i've used 7zip in the past to unpack opk files but never figured out repacking.  i'll take a look at open package creator again then

Gab1975

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2014, 08:12:19 am »
... i'll take a look at open package creator again then

it's not difficult, in the Open Package Creator GUI you need to select the work-dir, the folder where are put all application files (choose the third option: Ignore and overwrite the existing .desktop files) , the category (in this specific case "emulators"), the executable (GCW) file (often selected in automatic) and the icon.png...
after click on "Pack" button, choose the opk name with the output folder and "le jeux sont fait" ! ;)

PS: obviously you can write the name and the comment for the application.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 08:36:51 am by Gab1975 »

DPA09

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2014, 08:25:37 pm »

You need to unpack the potator.opk with an appropriate software (like 7zip), replace the icon.png and re-pack with the Open Package Creator or similar software...
I already made a re-packed opk, but I prefer wait the opinion of Alekmaul before to post the link! :)

Would it be possible for you to send me a link to the .opk with your icon - no disrespect to Alekmaul but I like your icon better  :)

Gab1975

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2014, 09:07:05 pm »
Would it be possible for you to send me a link to the .opk with your icon - no disrespect to Alekmaul but I like your icon better  :)

Here the link: https://www.sendspace.com/file/4nwjlo

PS: this opk it's the Alekmaul's release, the only difference is in the icon... :)

DPA09

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2014, 09:40:05 pm »

Here the link: https://www.sendspace.com/file/4nwjlo

PS: this opk it's the Alekmaul's release, the only difference is in the icon... :)

That was quick - thanks!

akaVanguard

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2015, 12:34:34 am »
All of the links by alekmaul are down.

Does anyone still have a copy of this emulator?
I would really appreciate it if someone could upload it!

gameblabla

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2015, 01:15:10 am »
All of the links by alekmaul are down.

Does anyone still have a copy of this emulator?
I would really appreciate it if someone could upload it!
I have my own fork of Potator, i could improve it  and then upload the gcw0 version.
If you have any suggestions to improve it, now is the time.

akaVanguard

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2015, 01:22:55 am »
Well, i have never had the chance to use Potator so i don't really know what features it already has.
Fast-Forwarding however might be a nice feature, if it doesn't already have that.

Xaijiqq

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2015, 05:29:07 am »
I have my own fork of Potator, i could improve it  and then upload the gcw0 version.
If you have any suggestions to improve it, now is the time.
a couple of months ago this was posted:

I didn't know where to exactly put this, so I decided here. Is anyone working on updating the Potator emulator? Sound doesn't function on about half of the library of games, crystball just plain doesn't work. Same with Olympic trials. Basically, all Sachen games work fully and perfectly, all Bon Treasure games have no sound and d-pad won't work if you try to change the volume, and all Watara games freeze. It is an amazing emulator otherwise though. I brought this to alekmaul's attention about 6 months ago and he said he would look into it...

zhongtiao1

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2015, 06:08:29 am »
Potator definitely needs an update. I've found that no games retain the high scores on Potator when their cartridge counterparts do. Fast-forwarding would be a nice addon. I said pretty much everything before...

Netplay would be an interesting feature. Connect to WiFi, select which supervision game you want to play, and wait for someone else to join you. For games like kung-fu street, this would be perfect.

Also, overall, the sound (on the games that have it) could be improved a bit.

gameblabla

« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2015, 02:39:47 pm »
I took a look at alekmaul's repo and he accidently uploded the opk file for Potator on github.
You can his last version from his repo.

I didn't know where to exactly put this, so I decided here. Is anyone working on updating the Potator emulator? Sound doesn't function on about half of the library of games, crystball just plain doesn't work. Same with Olympic trials. Basically, all Sachen games work fully and perfectly, all Bon Treasure games have no sound and d-pad won't work if you try to change the volume, and all Watara games freeze. It is an amazing emulator otherwise though. I brought this to alekmaul's attention about 6 months ago and he said he would look into it...
It's possible he somehow broke the emulator because Potator mentions perfect compatibility with games.
Olympic Trials actually work on my fork, weird...

Netplay would be an interesting feature. Connect to WiFi, select which supervision game you want to play, and wait for someone else to join you. For games like kung-fu street, this would be perfect.
This is going to be a no here...
No one has tried to emulate Multiplayer for Supervision and unlike the Wonderswan, documentation for it is sparse...
I will see what i can do though... I will most certainly post it in the dev section.

zhongtiao1

« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2015, 08:09:28 pm »
I took a look at alekmaul's repo and he accidently uploded the opk file for Potator on github.
You can his last version from his repo.

It's possible he somehow broke the emulator because Potator mentions perfect compatibility with games.
Olympic Trials actually work on my fork, weird...

This is going to be a no here...
No one has tried to emulate Multiplayer for Supervision and unlike the Wonderswan, documentation for it is sparse...
I will see what i can do though... I will most certainly post it in the dev section.
I'd be willing to set up the server for the Netplay if needed (if we even get that far)

This emulator was the only reason I bought a GCW-Zero instead of an Android Handheld, so I really want this to get a great as possible

Post a new topic