Author Topic: Final Burn Alpha SDL for GCW-Zero (UPDATE 2015-03-11)  (Read 132406 times)

qbertaddict

• * Former Staff
  • The Doctor
    • about.me
Re: Final Burn Alpha SDL for GCW-Zero (UPDATE 2015-03-11)
« Reply #400 on: March 24, 2015, 03:29:03 pm »
For some reason samples no longer work. Example game Donkey Kong

I am using the samples files from 0.159 and the archived samples as well

Atlantis_Risen

« Reply #401 on: March 24, 2015, 07:01:37 pm »
Is CPS3 emulation any better in the latest release?  Is that even possible?

Is there a performance reason to install the latest version and use the newer romset?  What differences would I expect?

Thanks very much.

alexei_gp

« Reply #402 on: March 24, 2015, 10:41:54 pm »

Is there a performance reason to install the latest version and use the newer romset?  What differences would I expect?

Thanks very much.
I tested the cps3 roms using the latest update of fba and mame romset 0.159...some roms doesnt work or lags very bad,for example in the intro of the game Street Fighter III 2nd Impact: Giant Attack lags very bad,you cant play it with that massive lag.The game JoJo's Bizarre Adventure doesnt work,you cant load the game on the fba emulator.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 10:50:00 pm by alexei_gp »

dmitry_smagin (OP)

« Reply #403 on: March 25, 2015, 06:08:21 am »

Thanks very much.

There's no improvements for CPS3, sorry. SH2 emulation is still slow.
But the reason to install new version is more new games supported (see the list posted earlier in this thread).

I'd like to point clearly that I do not develop the emulator itself, do not add new games or dynarec emulation cores. My parts are: 1) lightweight SDL frontend (i.e. with custom scalers/rotators for small screen) 2) GUI for easy rom navigation 3) a68k and c68k emulation cores - the only change to main FBA codebase.
Everything else is just standard FBA
GCW-Zero prototype, Dingoo a320, Ritmix rzx-50, Dingoo a380, Xperia Play

alexei_gp

« Reply #404 on: March 28, 2015, 02:06:16 am »
the only thing i'm missing in this emulator is a fullscreen IPU scaling option. (and maybe a build date in the credits screen, so we can diferentiate between different builds of the same FBA version)

By the way: sometimes, when returning to game from the ingame menu (L+R+Start) a frame from the menu remains flickering. This happens in games with "black bars" when Vsync is turned ON. The flickering frame can be seen in the black bars.

To reproduce the issue, just load any game with black bars, and turn vsync ON. Then enter and exit the menu until the flickering issue triggers. It happens randomly.

Maybe it has something to do with the triple buffer?

Im agreed with hi-ban only i want fullscreen when you rotate a game for example the dodopanchi when you rotate the game it doesnt show full screen on the gcw zero.I want to see in further updates the option to enable cheats in the fba emulator.

Durrsly

« Reply #405 on: April 10, 2015, 06:01:24 pm »
So I finally figured out how to change the button config in a game, but now in Waku Waku 7 it starts a VS match when I try to add a coin. I can't find how to unbind player 2's start.
I haven't tried with any other games yet.

EDIT: Never mind, found out what was happening (Pressing Select+Start)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 06:09:51 pm by Durrsly »

fiver

« Reply #406 on: April 11, 2015, 03:58:11 am »
How can you insert a coin into a slot for player 2, 3, etc? For instance, in The Simpsons and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, you get to pick a character based on which slot you put the coin into, but I can only play one of them because I only know how to insert a coin for player 1.

Xaijiqq

« Reply #407 on: April 11, 2015, 05:57:43 am »
How can you insert a coin into a slot for player 2, 3, etc? For instance, in The Simpsons and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, you get to pick a character based on which slot you put the coin into, but I can only play one of them because I only know how to insert a coin for player 1.
use roms that say '2 players' and make sure to also include the parent rom in the same folder in order for it to run.  then you'll be able to choose any character ;)

enodr

« Reply #408 on: April 18, 2015, 09:58:12 pm »
Hi,

I am a bit puzzled with the command line support. I compiled the dge from the sources and loading rom from the command line works fine. But with opkrun I cannot run a rom. I added a simple printf("%d", argc); at the beginning and it is always 1.

Passing command line args with opkrun works with other emu like genesisgx so I don't know what the bug is.

Any idea?

enodr

« Reply #409 on: April 18, 2015, 10:02:00 pm »
Ok of course I found out the answer the second after I posted my question...

The default.gcw0.desktop needs a %f here (found out in Genesis Plus Gx sources!)

Exec=fbasdl.dge %f

Edit: %f forces the file browser when launched from gmenu2x, that's not what I want. I guess I need to look at opkrun sources to figure out.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 09:18:40 am by enodr »

terrybogard

« Reply #410 on: July 29, 2015, 06:32:19 am »
Help, please.
I need .nvram support in final burn alpha. I want to save my bios settings and use a memcard
for neo geo. Does that work somehow?

terrybogard

« Reply #411 on: July 30, 2015, 01:19:40 am »
Hello, is there a way to have multiple button mappings on the L and R buttons for example,
so you can trigger a rage explos. in samsho4 with 1 button press?
This and .nvram support would be great. Otherwise this emulator is outstanding.

Lunos

« Reply #412 on: August 21, 2015, 10:31:25 am »
Hi, Hi ^^
Did someone tried Street Fighter III: Third Strike on this?
I just saw the review of the GCW Zero made by a Youtuber called "Lon Seidman" and he said that it wasn't compatible with FBA for this device, while the Windows Version runs it with absolutely no doubts. (I myself play a bit usually, when i'm bored, on my father's PC)

Spaceman

« Reply #413 on: August 21, 2015, 06:27:17 pm »
Funny enough I did try SF3 Third Strike.
It boots but runs around the 15 frame mark.

Niko

« Reply #414 on: September 02, 2015, 02:37:37 pm »
Is it possible to use the analogue stick, for digital input? I'd like to use it for some fighting games.

dmitry_smagin (OP)

« Reply #415 on: September 03, 2015, 11:53:32 am »
Is it possible to use the analogue stick, for digital input? I'd like to use it for some fighting games.

That's not yet possible. The whole input system should be rewritten fot that. Maybe in the next versions.
GCW-Zero prototype, Dingoo a320, Ritmix rzx-50, Dingoo a380, Xperia Play

Niko

« Reply #416 on: September 03, 2015, 02:50:35 pm »

That's not yet possible. The whole input system should be rewritten fot that. Maybe in the next versions.

Thanks for the reply, I'm starting to get used to the dpad, also the emulator runs great!

One suggestion if I may, it would be really cool if you could choose which bios version you wanted to run for neogeo games. That way we could choose to use unibios. I see by default it appears to be using the asia-s3 bios. I guess you could just replace it in the zip with whichever other bios you preferred in the meantime.

Thanks again!

Niko

« Reply #417 on: September 05, 2015, 02:51:31 pm »

Thanks for the reply, I'm starting to get used to the dpad, also the emulator runs great!

One suggestion if I may, it would be really cool if you could choose which bios version you wanted to run for neogeo games. That way we could choose to use unibios. I see by default it appears to be using the asia-s3 bios. I guess you could just replace it in the zip with whichever other bios you preferred in the meantime.

Thanks again!

I lied, I'm not getting used to the dpad. Its damn hard to pull off moves in just about any fighting game. LOL

EDIT: So I see that in the config file you can specify the button mapping, and I've already verified modifying it works by switching KEY_UP and KEY_DOWN. So can I easily just plug in the correct value for the analogue stick just to get me by? Or would I need to modify the source?

If I need to modify the source, I found the SDL event handler in sdl_input.cpp and "think" it handles the input by bitwise anding the appropriate defined KEYPAD_<BUTTON> with the keypad variable. If this is correct would you be so kind as too guide me in the right direction to determining correct values for the analogue input?

I know this wouldnt be the correct way to handle this for a release, but I'd like to be able to use it myself just to get me by.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 11:13:49 pm by Niko »

stonedrum

« Reply #418 on: October 18, 2015, 01:15:47 am »
fba is crashing instantly for me when i try to run a game.  Anyone else experience this?

wepecko

« Reply #419 on: October 22, 2015, 11:07:58 pm »
Hi, this is probably a stupid question, but is there a way how to convert a .txt Rom list from the first post to a .dat file for clrmamepro?

Post a new topic