Here's the release of FBA SDL 0.2.97.35
From now on the FBA and its frontend are merged in one application.
Frontend settings (START).
Individual game settings (A).First start
On first start you'll see a long red list of all roms that could be played. Attention, red means that these roms are missing, press START to enter Config menu
where you can change rom show mode (all, available only, missing only) and set paths to search roms for
. Found roms are shown in yellow, clone roms are orange.
Now choose a game and press A, you'll enter Game settings menu
Sound - off, libao, SDL, SDL old
Audio sample rate - 11025, 16000, 22050, 32000, 44100
Vertical sync - off, on
Show fps - off, on
68k emu core - a68k, c68k, m68k
Analogue sensitivity - 0..100%Vertical sync
If on, FBA will benefit from hardware-perfect scrolling but this may drop down fps to 30 or even lower. Recommended for cps1/cps2/neogeo games. If off you'll get tearing.a68k
- its an 68000 emulation core written for fba4psp in mips assembler and adapted for GCW-Zero. It has slightly less compatibility than others.c68k
- a very fast portable 68000 emulation core, however, it can't run protected games (sega ones that use FD.... protection). Recommended.m68k
- accurate 68000, 68010 and 68EC020 core, slower than previous ones. Recommended for all Psikyo titles and protected Sega games.
Note that not all games use M68000 cpu, so this setting may not affect them at all.Analogue
will work only for those games which support it (e.g. outrun); for others it has no effect.FBA in-game controls:
D-PAD - movement (its logic changes automatically in rotated games)
SELECT - coin
START - start1
SELECT+START - start2
A - fire 1
B - fire 2
X - fire 3
Y - fire 4
L - fire 5
R - fire 6
L+R+Y - show/hide fps
L+R+A - quick state load
L+R+B - quicl state save
L+R+SELECT - service menu
L+R+START - FBA SDL menu (you can quit FBA only from menu)FBA 0.2.97.35
Download opk: https://www.sendspace.com/file/e5z49v
Game list (~3835): https://www.sendspace.com/file/tuooidUse romset from MAME 0.159
Preview pack by Hi-ban: https://app.box.com/s/nh0o8rtl0370aub4owqb
Copy *.png files to /media/data/local/home/.fba/previews
Arbitrary named roms are not supported! FBA by its design recognizes roms by name, so you have to use mame set.
- Synchronized to FBA 0.2.97.35 (romset from MAME 0.159)
- Synchronized to FBA 0.2.97.31 (romset from MAME 0.154)
2014-05-06 - new additions by failed
- Rotation option for vertical games
- Filter roms by genre and hardware
- Favorite list (this filter added to availability filters)
- Fix X and Y text labels in key configuration menu
- Help pages with hotkey description in ingame menu and main screen (press Y)
- Ability to edit default game settings
- Fix flipped 256x256 => 320x240 downscaler (battroad).
- Don't render graphics if skipping frame for irem m72 hardware. This made rtype, dbreedm72, nspirit run faster.
- Fix flipped 512x256 => 320x240 downscaler (fnkyfish).
- Fix both normal and flipped 512x224 => 320x240 downscaler (galspnbl).
- Add support for png previews, also previews for parents and clones are separated now.
- Fix flipped 384x224 => 320x240 downscaler (eightfrc).
- Increase number of memory handlers for m68 emulation (this fixes garou, mslug3 and bouldash).
- Cleanly exit to frontend if error on rom load (crashed previously).
- Fix flipped 384x240 => 320x240 downscaler (mazinger).
- Set default m68 core to musashi (m68k).
- Bump to FBA 0.2.97.29
- Fix crash on exit for dino
- Add support for vertical sync (SDL_HWSURFACE|SDL_DOUBLEBUF).
- Add rom frontend based on Capex, skin by Hi-ban.