Author Topic: Final Burn Alpha SDL for GCW-Zero (UPDATE 2015-03-11)  (Read 95774 times)

SilentRunner

Re: Final Burn Alpha SDL for GCW-Zero (UPDATE 2015-03-11)
« Reply #435 on: January 31, 2017, 09:31:09 pm »
Does anyone know a guide I can use for setting up this emulator it is vastly different to any other I have used? for example setting the rom paths and the roms themselves come with like 20files? Im alittle lost can anyone point me in the right direction. Its my first time trying MAME games im intrigued to try them I have always used simple GBA roms. Thanks

dmitry_smagin (OP)

« Reply #436 on: February 01, 2017, 05:47:41 am »
Does anyone know a guide I can use for setting up this emulator it is vastly different to any other I have used? for example setting the rom paths and the roms themselves come with like 20files? Im alittle lost can anyone point me in the right direction. Its my first time trying MAME games im intrigued to try them I have always used simple GBA roms. Thanks
Go to Config menu, set path to your romset, set showing roms (available only), then quit emulator and restart. You'll see the list of available games. Pay attention to romset version, it's important for some games!
GCW-Zero prototype, Dingoo a320, Ritmix rzx-50, Dingoo a380, Xperia Play

SilentRunner

« Reply #437 on: February 01, 2017, 10:00:42 pm »
Hi thanks for replying so quickly, I didn't realize you left the roms inside the zip file apologies still learning. I have the MAME 0.159 romset all of the roms show in the menu but every single game is not showing as playable some do launch and run fine however Is there something else I need to do.

Thanks
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 10:18:56 pm by SilentRunner »

Jonosborne

« Reply #438 on: February 22, 2017, 05:53:23 pm »
Hey guys!  I am pretty new to FBA.  I went through and downloaded some CPS1, CPS2 and CPS3 games.  A few of them work but the majority of them say error loading.  Is there perhaps a parent ROM that they are missing?  I noticed a lot of them are very small(like 56 KB) and I thought that was a bit odd, but didn't put much thought into it because older games are usually really small.  Can anyone help with this so I can get these games up and running?  Thanks!

Senor Quack

« Reply #439 on: February 23, 2017, 05:04:47 pm »
Hey guys!  I am pretty new to FBA.  I went through and downloaded some CPS1, CPS2 and CPS3 games.  A few of them work but the majority of them say error loading.  Is there perhaps a parent ROM that they are missing?  I noticed a lot of them are very small(like 56 KB) and I thought that was a bit odd, but didn't put much thought into it because older games are usually really small.  Can anyone help with this so I can get these games up and running?  Thanks!

I am not an expert at FBA, nor MAME roms.. but ROMs for MAME, compared to ROMs for let's say consoles, are unique in that there is a master ROM for each game and then it has related children ROMs that are just slightly different from the parent (like, different revisions or country releases). So, the children ROMs depend on the parents being present for the whole ROM to work. The children ROMs can be very small, as they represent merely the info that is different from the parent ROM.

If you mention specific games we can help you more.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 05:06:39 pm by Senor Quack »

dmitry_smagin (OP)

« Reply #440 on: February 24, 2017, 10:51:11 am »

Check the game list here: https://www.sendspace.com/file/tuooid (btw, this link is in the first post)
It references correct rom names and parent rom if needed.
GCW-Zero prototype, Dingoo a320, Ritmix rzx-50, Dingoo a380, Xperia Play

Post a new topic
Post a new topic