Author Topic: [Quick Port] Exult / Ultima 7  (Read 5613 times)

Chiba3010

Re: [Quick Port] Exult / Ultima 7
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2013, 10:30:32 pm »
Thanks, I have everything working now! I made a mistake editing the cfg which accounted for the lack of sound. :-[

Chiba3010

« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2013, 10:41:08 pm »
Ok, works fine so far :) cannot say much about game play, got past the character screen but without keyboard it seems you only can quick save, save points require a name. It would also be fine if there would be a gamepad mode.

I found a loophole for game saves. When prompted to type a name for your save, disable mouse emulation and press the Y button. It will enter a "space" (the only key entry I could find that registers as text) allowing you to save your game once you turn mouse emulation back on. Sure, your save files will all appear blank, but it works and since they'll appear in chronological order, you'll know which is your most recent save.

Dejunai

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2014, 12:58:17 am »
Rise oh Zombie topic....

er... uh....

Well, I had trouble getting Exult to work... So I came here... and still had trouble... and well figured it out, and thought it important to clarify how and what I did... since I mostly didn't follow the conversation within the topic...

So, er ... um....

If you dont have sound, the .exult.cfg in the root of the /apps/ folder needs to have an entry pointing to /yourpath/audio/music/... I had it set to just point to /yourpath/audio/...

For whatever reasons I could NOT pass the name/sex screen until the /music/ path was fixxxed properly.... Now I can start a 'New Game' using DPAD and Start...

WooT WooT

And last but not least... The Power+B mouse option for the DPAD is too fast and essentially breaks the game. HOWEVER... Recently, and the reason I have ReZdDedderTopix is that AntiCat in support of his version of OpenXcom, has released a repaired version of JohnnyFlame's  "Mouse in Joy" and titled it "Mice in Joy" which makes it a bit harder to find when looking for the repaired file...

"Mice in Joy" working version of "Mouse in Joy" for current firmware 8-20-14:
Can be found http://boards.dingoonity.org/gcw-games-and-homebrew/mice-in-joy-9024/

iball

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2017, 03:25:45 am »
Hate to de-zombie this one but the original download link is dead. 

Can someone re-upload it somewhere?

Thanks!

Post a new topic
Post a new topic