Author Topic: where do i get silicone grease for electronics?  (Read 2474 times)

falconthefearless (OP)

where do i get silicone grease for electronics?
« on: April 21, 2014, 07:53:43 pm »
hi my a button has problems where it sticks and I need some silicone grease and on amazon all I saw was the automotive grade where do I get the appropriate kind? Because I do not have an electronics store that carries it around me. And also what is the correct email to GCW repair?

Timepilot2084

• Facebook Page
Re: where do i get silicone grease for electronics?
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2014, 05:34:06 am »
Yeah, I had that issue, too, with my d-pad.  I had trouble finding the silicon lube, too, at least at Lowe's and Wal-Mart.  I finally went to Radio Shack, and while there was no hope for finding a nice small tube of anything, I did find a can of "Radio Shack Technology PLUS Control/Contact Cleaner & Lubricant."  It works nicely.  Just don't try to apply it directly to your Zero with the little red straw they provided.  WAY too much pressure.  I sprayed it on a paper towel, then rolled a toothpick in it and applied it to the d-pad and buttons.  It worked.
Timepilot2084
timepilot2084 AT gmail.com
@rob_conder

spinmaster

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2014, 08:59:18 pm »

Senor Quack

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2014, 11:15:33 pm »
There's nothing wrong with the automotive kind, in fact I recommend it because you can get it in very small inexpensive packets:

Go to any auto-parts store and at the counter they'll have small packets of "Spark Plug Boot Grease"..  I happened to already have a huge tube of the Permatex brand for general car work I do and so I used that, worked great.  It's non-conductive so is perfect for this application too.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 11:20:28 pm by Senor Quack »

Edviner

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2014, 08:17:59 am »
Look for your nearest scuba diving store, they have 100% pure silicon grease.

aceman1126

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2014, 04:44:20 am »
Airsoft retailers often sell silicone grease for cheap.

Post a new topic
Post a new topic