Author Topic: Screen Issue: Wrong model or a faulty one?  (Read 461 times)

Vanacraft (OP)

Screen Issue: Wrong model or a faulty one?
« on: December 16, 2016, 11:52:36 am »
I accidentally broke the lcd screen of my gcw. I read somewhere here on Dingoonity that the model is: KD035G6-54NT-A1, so I bought one of them on Alibaba. When disassembling the console, I noticed the original screen's model was actually: LD035H2-54NT-A1.
Though there are vertical blue lines and it's leaking alongside the crack, the old screen still does work. But when I replaced it with the new one, it didn't even light up, not at all, and I made sure the brightness of the screen wasn't turned down. I also had this one other 3,5 in screen lying around (KD035G1-54NM-B1). This one did at least light up when I tried it.

So, my question is: Did I buy the wrong model or is the screen faulty? Or both? And should I open a dispute with the seller?

Thank you in advance

mth

Re: Screen Issue: Wrong model or a faulty one?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2016, 02:49:07 pm »
These are the notes I took when examining my prototype:

Code: [Select]
LCD panel
KD035G6-54NT-A1
King Display
3.5 inch
G6 -> product series
54 -> #pins
N -> no touch
T -> LCD Type: Topply
A1 -> version

The model number decoding is described in the data sheet.

The backlight is controlled by a PWM output of the JZ4770. The KD035G6-54NT-A1 data sheet lists pin 1-2 as LED-K (-) and pin 3-4 as LED-A (+).

If the backlight doesn't light up, it could mean the pinout of the panel is different, the ribbon cable doesn't make contact with the connector, or the backlight in the panel is broken.

Vanacraft (OP)

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2016, 07:30:19 pm »
Thank you, that was really helpful! (:

I have one more question: If my gcw came with the LD035H2 model, does it mean I have to get the exact same one for it to work?

Vanacraft (OP)

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2016, 07:58:14 pm »
Welp, I must've done something really bad to my poor gcw, because none of the screens work now :/

com64

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2016, 05:20:19 am »
I know that LQ035NC111 screens also work on the GCW (the interface happens to match up, with the exception of some extra select lines the screen can use that can be kept floating anyway).
I managed to find a document on the particular stamp number you had, but it's mostly hidden behind a paywall.

Anyway, there shouldn't be any difference in the GCW motherboards themselves that would prevent you from swapping in a screen that works with another unit. I think you might have damaged something while removing the original screen; did you properly release and fasten the socket clamp? Is the cable orientation correct? Did you short something out by mistake? Even if you managed to damage one power, ground, or LCD anode/cathode pin, there's always at least two of each and unused pins in between the two.

Edit: Looks like LQ035NC111 doesn't work with my unit for some reason. It didn't destroy it, though.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 05:36:35 am by com64 »

Post a new topic