Author Topic: Menu takes 1--15 seconds to load icons upon initial boot and when exiting an app  (Read 489 times)

Jonosborne (OP)

Hey guys!  Just curious if anyone has had any issues with the GCW Zero taking a long time to boot the menu icons upon boot or when exiting an application?  It loads with the background wallpaper but everything else is blank for 10-15 seconds.  After it loads everything works as it should.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

pcercuei

• GitHub
It can take a long time to scan OPKs. But 15 seconds sounds excessive. Make sure you don't have any non-OPK files inside your "apps" folder.

Jonosborne (OP)

So there are only OPKs in the apps folder.  Do you think it is a corrupted internal SD card?

pcercuei

• GitHub
Maybe, maybe not; was it working fine before?

You could try to reflash using the OpenDingux rescue CD (backup your data first).

Jonosborne (OP)

I just bought it and it did it when I first got it.  The seller said it has always done that but he thought it was normal.  Do you have a link for the rescue CD?  Does that have to be done on Windows?

pcercuei

• GitHub
You can get the rescue CD here: http://boards.dingoonity.org/gcw-releases/opendingux-rescue-disc-v0-1/
If after a reflash it still happens, then it's not normal.

Thanksfully, I had that problem on my 256MiB prototype, and the problem is gone when running the current development version of OpenDingux  ;D
So it will most likely be fixed in the next firmware release.

Jonosborne (OP)

Thanks so much for your help PCer.  Is it possible to get the development version of opendingux to see if it fixes the problem?  If so, do you have a link for it?  Thanks!

Post a new topic
Post a new topic