Author Topic: Inverted special moves in some emulators i need help to fix this issue.  (Read 3361 times)

alexei_gp (OP)

Well i have a problem with my gcw zero.In some fighting games on the gbc emulators i have inverted moves for example in Street Fighter Alpha the shoryuken move its inverted like this image using the punch button:

I thought that delete the folder of the Ohboy emulator and the opk will fix my issue but i was very wrong it doesnt fix it....also the gambatte emulator has the same error input..even i aplied again the Dingux OS update with most recent date to see if i can fix this annoying issue but i have the same result....In others emulators like fceux,regba,sms,fba,mame,picodrive etc  i dont have this issue.Anyone can explain to me how to fix issue?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 04:47:34 am by alexei_gp »

Nebuleon

What do you mean by inverted, with respect to ↓↙← + Punch (which I assume is the correct input, not the incorrect input you've been entering)?

a) Need to press Punch + ←↙↓ (sequence inversion)
b) Need to press ↑↗→ + Punch (direction inversion)

Are you trying the directional pad or the analog nub? Does using the other one instead make the controls behave like you'd expect?

alexei_gp (OP)

What do you mean by inverted, with respect to ↓↙← + Punch (which I assume is the correct input, not the incorrect input you've been entering)?

a) Need to press Punch + ←↙↓ (sequence inversion)
b) Need to press ↑↗→ + Punch (direction inversion)

Are you trying the directional pad or the analog nub? Does using the other one instead make the controls behave like you'd expect?

Directional pad.... mmmm i dont know how to explain it because my knowledge of english its poor  mmmm to clarify when i  press the buttons to perform the shoryuken  i can do it like this:

Pressing like this image its supposed not be allowed in the emulator to perform shoryuken:

If you dont believe me i will upload tomorrow a video playing Street Fighter and Power Quest in the GBC Emulators

I post this in another forum spanish ....its my native language spanish:

"Ahora tengo otro problema en mi gcw zero.En algunos emuladores de gbc por ejemplo el Street Fighter algunos movimientos de poderes especiales los tengo invertidos.El shoryuken lo puedo hacer de manera normal y al rev?s,al rev?s lo explico con esta imagen que pongo en spoiler:

Y si me preguntan porque no eliminas el opk y la carpeta as? el problema que tienes se quita? ya lo hice con 3 intentos y no se resuelve mi problema.....incluso instale de nuevo el update de la gcw zero al mas reciente ni con eso se quita.En otros emuladores no tengo este problema solo los emuladores de gbc tienen este grave fallo.Ya post?e mi problema en dingoonity para ver si alguien me lo puede resolver..."

Forum:http://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_gcw-zero_1854030_s2330

« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 06:35:28 am by alexei_gp »

alexei_gp (OP)

I uploaded the video you can see my problem here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bnzchh8bPlg&feature=youtu.be

Note:Im using only the directional pad,as you can see i can do a shoryuken with wrong input like this image:

« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 01:44:41 am by alexei_gp »

alexei_gp (OP)

to add more details only the special move shoryuken its inverted,the others special moves of ryu are working fine,only in Ohboy and gambatte have those weird issues.Another similar game its powerquest has the same issues on the street fighter gbc version.

Malleus

Is it the same in PC GBC emulators?
if so its prolly made that way by the gamemaker for some reason

alexei_gp (OP)

I dont know what happen but right now i got my gcw zero fixed with this annoying issue on the GBC emulators.

MightyJAK

• My tumblr
My guess is you were experiencing the "sticky D-pad" issue. So when you tried to do a quarter circle left to down, the D-pad was still stuck registering left+down when you let go of it, so the game interpreted it as the input for a Shoryuken. If it's not happening any more, maybe your D-pad is getting broken in and sticking less.
My machines:
GBC,GBA,GBA SP,NDS,NGPC,Panasonic FZ-10 3DO,NES,Sega Nomad,Sega CDX w/Power Base Converter,PS1,PS2,PS3,Saturn,Dreamcast,PC (Win 98, XP, 7),Dingoo A320,Dingoo A330,Gemei A330,LetCool N350JP,PAP-GAMETA,GCW-Zero SE,Kyocera Rise,2DS,GP2X-F100,GPD G7,JXD 100,JXD A1000,JXD A3300,JXD F3000,JXD V5000,JXD S7300B,Hyperkin SupaBoy

Currently playing: Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call (2DS)

alexei_gp (OP)

My guess is you were experiencing the "sticky D-pad" issue. So when you tried to do a quarter circle left to down, the D-pad was still stuck registering left+down when you let go of it, so the game interpreted it as the input for a Shoryuken. If it's not happening any more, maybe your D-pad is getting broken in and sticking less.

Thanks for the reply im starting this annoying issue since monday and today its fixed..i dont know what happen but im glad its fixed .....so you are saying my dpad its getting broken? Damn ok so whats the next step to get quickly fix this issue with my dpad? Do i need to put again silicone  grease on my unit or put a new dpad replacemente on my gcw zero?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 06:09:59 am by alexei_gp »

alexei_gp (OP)

Nevermind now i have again the issue on the gbc emulators  :'( well i tested furhter in other emulators and i dont have the issue,i will upload video

Malleus

have you verfied that the problem isnt on the PC version too? http://sourceforge.net/projects/gambatte/files/?source=navbar

if it doesnt happen then it seems like the 2 GBC emulators are reading keys in the wrong order when it has keys buffered up or something like that

MightyJAK

• My tumblr
If it's not happening any more, maybe your D-pad is getting broken in and sticking less.
are saying my dpad its getting broken?

Oh no, "broken in" is an English expression which means something is getting over its initial stiffness and becoming easier to use.

break in, Verb phrase
to begin to wear or use in order to make comfortable: These shoes haven't been broken in.

I guess it sounds kind of weird, to "break" something in order to "fix" it.  :P
My machines:
GBC,GBA,GBA SP,NDS,NGPC,Panasonic FZ-10 3DO,NES,Sega Nomad,Sega CDX w/Power Base Converter,PS1,PS2,PS3,Saturn,Dreamcast,PC (Win 98, XP, 7),Dingoo A320,Dingoo A330,Gemei A330,LetCool N350JP,PAP-GAMETA,GCW-Zero SE,Kyocera Rise,2DS,GP2X-F100,GPD G7,JXD 100,JXD A1000,JXD A3300,JXD F3000,JXD V5000,JXD S7300B,Hyperkin SupaBoy

Currently playing: Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call (2DS)

alexei_gp (OP)

ok i will do some suggestion here i will try to play my backup games on pc emulators to see if they have the same issue as my gcw zero.

thanks mightyjack for your explanation.

alexei_gp (OP)

Is it the same in PC GBC emulators?
if so its prolly made that way by the gamemaker for some reason

You are right.....I tested further some backups in different sites using the visual boy advance emulator... my conclusion is the backup of my Street Fighter Alpha was bad,i replaced other backup and i dont have the inverted shoryuken....and the other hand the game power quest has the shoryuken inverted no matter backup i tested its the same issue so i think the creators of the game allowed to do inverted shoryukens.So now im not worried with my dpad on my gcw zero.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 12:51:02 am by alexei_gp »

Post a new topic