Author Topic: [Solved] GCW Zero - Black Screen after Boot Logo / Update: Now Endless Boot  (Read 10122 times)

retrogott (OP)

Re: GCW Zero - Black Screen after Boot Logo / Update: Now Endless Boot
« Reply #40 on: March 29, 2015, 02:37:02 am »
On the ext4 system or data partitions?

I read the old sd card with my laptop using the sd card slot and an adapter. I have access to the data on it and I can also copy files on the sd.

Depends on the card size, 20+min might be valid for very large capacities (ie. 64GB), so give it some more time.

yeah I gave it more time, even after 3 hours nothing happened  >:(

retrogott (OP)

« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2015, 03:00:42 am »
and finally my gcw was brought back to life :-) :-) I did another full flash with the new sd card and I just recognized that I never really did a full flash before - it was always a system partition flash. My mistake was, that I pressed the enter button in the menu of the boot cd to run the full flash. but the flash method gets only changed when pressing the space bar.  :-[ ;D :). Now everything is working fine again. so thanks a lot for your support and help  8)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 03:03:32 am by retrogott »

zear

« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2015, 10:52:57 am »
So what you are saying is that you never re-flashed the faulty data partition before you went to open up the unit and replace the SD card?
That would make sense why the Rescue CD couldn't help ;)

Glad to hear the problem is resolved. I will mark the thread so.

retrogott (OP)

Yeah I always did the first flash method (system partition) and not the full flash (because of pressing enter instead of the space bar). the full flash finally brought my gcw back to life. so thanks again to everyone for helping me with this issue and especially thanks to pcercuei for providing the boot cd.

Post a new topic