Author Topic: Stuck Pixel that disappeared?  (Read 3261 times)

ridman (OP)

Stuck Pixel that disappeared?
« on: July 24, 2014, 02:16:12 pm »
So, last night I was freaking out because of what I thought was a dead pixel near the center of my GCW Zero screen (It's only a week old). After trying to run the GBA Stuck Pixel Fixer (which exited reGBA when you tried to launch it), I gave up and just plugged it in to charge for the night.

I woke up today to find the pixel not stuck anymore (woohoo!).

I was wondering if anyone has had similar experiences before? Also if anyone has a copy of a stuck pixel fixer that actually works (in case it does happen again) and/or if anyone knows what I was doing wrong trying to run the stuck_pixels.mb.gba file.

Thanks!

MightyJAK

• My tumblr
Re: Stuck Pixel that disappeared?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2014, 09:32:45 pm »
I haven't heard of a dead pixel coming back to life on it's own, but it may be possible.

Another possibility was you had a speck of dust (or a dust mite) on the screen that was just small and dark enough to look like a dead pixel, and it moved.
My machines:
GBC,GBA,GBA SP,NDS,NGPC,Panasonic FZ-10 3DO,NES,Sega Nomad,Sega CDX w/Power Base Converter,PS1,PS2,PS3,Saturn,Dreamcast,PC (Win 98, XP, 7),Dingoo A320,Dingoo A330,Gemei A330,LetCool N350JP,PAP-GAMETA,GCW-Zero SE,Kyocera Rise,2DS,GP2X-F100,GPD G7,JXD 100,JXD A1000,JXD A3300,JXD F3000,JXD V5000,JXD S7300B,Hyperkin SupaBoy

Currently playing: Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call (2DS)

Kloppix

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2014, 12:52:58 am »
I had not one but two dead pixels on my LCD monitor. Somehow it's working fine now.

Optimus

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2014, 10:38:45 am »
Is this tool a hoax? I don't know anything about dead pixels rather that when they are dead they are dead.

ridman (OP)

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2014, 05:06:51 pm »
It turns out the pixel's still stuck/dead, and I just wasn't able to see the pixel in a brightly lit environment. Being that it's only a week old, I've just opted to send it back for an exchange :(. Oh well.

joepie91

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2014, 09:09:05 pm »
For future readers... stuck pixels and dead pixels are two different things. Dead pixels (usually black or white) are unfixable, but stuck pixels (usually colored) *are* fixable.

There are a few methods for fixing stuck pixels: http://www.wikihow.com/Fix-a-Stuck-Pixel-on-an-LCD-Monitor

Note that these methods may result in more damage when not carried out carefully. That said, I've successfully used the massaging method to fix a stuck pixel on my A320 years ago - it never came back afterwards.

Post a new topic
Post a new topic