• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: New version of the radio player  (Read 1996 times)

marcos.souza (OP)

New version of the radio player
« on: April 15, 2014, 04:26:15 pm »
Now it have a manual seek mode! I hope you enjoy it!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/24snvhxorfs0gb1/radio_player.opk

Please test and comment!

kaio

• All about GCW-Zero on Russian + Repo
Re: New version of the radio player
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 05:49:24 am »
I test it.
It works good but not perfectly.
Auto seek mode can not find some radio stations that I can find in manual mode.
Can you add memory slots (5 or more) for radio stations and preset mode for app?
Auto/Manual/Preset
And finally we need a wallpaper for app. It will be looks like a retro radio :)
Thanks for your work!
GCW-Zero | JXD S602

kuwanger

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 12:47:59 pm »
Thanks for the update.  It seems to work fine for me.  I can't wait for your favorite radio station idea.  Like you said in the other post, the main issue is running out of buttons. :)  My simplest suggestion on that is to further extend your "Mode" idea.  So, L/R switches between "Auto Seek (Hardware)", "Auto Seek (Software)", "Manual Seek", "Favorites", "Options', etc with whatever with the current mode is at the top of the screen (possibly with a subline and a change of help text at the bottom).  That way you can have left/right be consistent for changing stations (and for Favorites, you can display on a subline the current station in the center and the former/latter favorites on each side so "88.3  95.7 [ 97.2 ] 98.6 102.1"); of course you could have it left/right to change modes and L/R to change modes, but it's harder to accidentally tap a face button.  Also, it wouldn't be a bad idea to have a "lock" mode with a trivial "password"--select to lock and up, down, left, right to unlock.

Anyways, that's my handful of suggestions if you're interested.  Really, I'm perfectly happy with the way it is now, but then I hardly use the radio. :)

PS - The mode about "Auto Seek (Software)" would involve a loop to seek through stations and using the signal strength to determine if there's a match.  As kaio notes, the hardware seek is far from perfect and will readily skip over even seemingly clear stations.  The other major advantage of a software seek is it offers more ability to cancel a seek instead of effectively having a locked up app.  Having said that, I'm fairly certainly a software seek may be a good bit slower (hence why I suggest allowing the user to choose their option). :/

Timepilot2084

• Facebook Page
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2014, 07:59:54 am »
Now it have a manual seek mode! I hope you enjoy it!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/24snvhxorfs0gb1/radio_player.opk

Please test and comment!

Works wonderfully-and I must say, the bit about allowing speaker output even with headphones plugged in, to allow for their use as an antenna, was a stroke of genius.  Just one more reason to never leave home without your Zero.  Hell, I carry it room from room!
Timepilot2084
timepilot2084 AT gmail.com
@rob_conder

toto

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2014, 01:20:58 pm »
Works great! Thanks.

Post a new topic
Post a new topic