Author Topic: Just wanted to say thanks  (Read 2180 times)

Mookie7162 (OP)

Just wanted to say thanks
« on: April 24, 2014, 02:41:03 pm »
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who made the GCW Zero possible.

I came across the Zero on ThinkGeek last week while looking for a portable emulator. Initially ordered a a380e but after doing a bit of online reading decided to try the Zero. I don't really have experience with Linux but know my way around around a computer, even still, I wasn't sure if I'd be able to set it up. However, doing a little reading while it shipped and using the Wiki, it was really easy. I was literally booting Zelda in minutes.

Anyway, I can't even imagine the amount of labor that went into making this fantastic little machine. So I just wanted to say thanks to everyone that contributed to getting the games I love into my hands any time I want. From the hardware to the developers, who are constantly working on this without pay, just because they love these games like I do. I'm looking forward to learning more and adding, but honestly, the Zero is fantastic. Thanks
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 03:04:05 pm by Mookie7162 »

surfi80

Re: Just wanted to say thanks
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 02:51:36 pm »
 ;) and also to thank the devs who are working so much  ;)
play with the best? die like the rest!

http://www.elotrolado.net/wiki/PS_VITA_Usuarios_EoL

Mookie7162 (OP)

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 03:05:27 pm »
Absolutely intended my post for that intention. Edited. I signed up for the forum just to thank you guys for doing what I can imagine is an unbelievable amount of work.

Beerman1138

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2014, 08:20:55 pm »
I second the motion.  I had a Dingoo A320 that I thought was awesome, because I could play a lot of the old games I had on it, but then I dropped it, and the screen went white......a sad day. 

Then, I stumbled across this gem. 

I'm amazed at how solid the hardware feels, and how complete the "incomplete" system software is -- for what it allows you to do, it is just awesome.  Not perfect, but awesome none the less. 

And the emulators are impressive as well -- I haven't run across one that doesn't run the major games for a platform properly.  It made the Dingoo look like crap, because the Zero runs circles around it. 

And then I got to the software written for the Zero, and that was even more impressive.  Not all of them are my cup of tea, mind you, but they all were created with care and skill -- and are still fun to see, even if I don't like that type of game. 

Thanks to all who contribute.  I hope to repay the favor at some point, at least in a small way. 

Nebuleon

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2014, 05:11:21 am »
This thread is a nice change from all of those "where's my <insert feature here>" threads. Thanks :)

Yes, the GCW Zero software people are aiming to "do things right" as much as possible. I really enjoy testing new features and applications for others, getting feedback on PocketSNES and ReGBA, and playing around on my Zero.

Thraka

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2014, 12:18:01 am »
Everyone who contributes to this handheld is awesome. No matter what you do. Tools, bug reports, emus, original games, Justin, everyone, thanks a bunch!

mp2020

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2014, 04:50:04 pm »
I am blown away I am just in love with this device.

No headaches at all everything works.  Great community and its cool to see the spirit involved in these projects its inspiring!

Juhannike

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2014, 05:32:55 pm »
I also want to send my LOVE to the developers behind this wonderful device!!

DPA09

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2014, 08:06:51 pm »
Ditto on the thanks to everyone who made it possible and continue to support it.

I only heard about it a few weeks ago on the TV show Reviews on the Run.

It's a shame that people are having trouble getting their units and having trouble with them. I know it's small consolation but they can take some comfort in knowing that they helped bring something cool into the world.

Post a new topic
Post a new topic