Author Topic: hey i need a list of all NES emus  (Read 2563 times)

Fluxchar (OP)

hey i need a list of all NES emus
« on: November 05, 2014, 08:08:02 pm »
trying to find one that works best with battle kid 2.... FCEUX 320 i have on GCW and it works alright.... aside from the sound... The morei  play however the game gets more and more jumpy. i have to go into settings to fix the problem but i dont have to change anything in the settings... its weird... and when i try to run NES/SFC emu(i think its form the GCW Dl page 2.2.2 it just goes to a grey screen. keep in mind this is the only game that does it.  im not sure what versions i have of both.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2014, 08:16:50 pm by Fluxchar »

Nebuleon

Re: hey i need a list of all NES emus
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 12:25:26 am »
/GCW Zero/Releases/FCEUX 2.2.2. End of list.

You may have gotten a version before 2014-06-05, which is also called FCEUX 2.2.2 because it's issued from the FCEUX 2.2.2 core, before I had a hand in the code to fix the audio sync. Try downloading the one from the thread again, then deleting all the FCEU* OPKs you have, deleting the settings file in /media/data/local/home/.fceux and transferring the newest version before starting the game again.

Fluxchar (OP)

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2014, 09:30:01 pm »
Oh.... ya i have this one also.... it doesnt play battle kid 2 :(

Fluxchar (OP)

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2014, 08:02:08 pm »
So is there anyway to find out why this emu wont play this game?

zear

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2014, 08:05:56 pm »
Yes - check what mappers the game uses and which are supported by the emulator. Then check if there are any special anti-piracy solutions in this game that would prevent from running it on an emulator (as I believe it's a recent homebrew game and trying to play a rom without owning a real cartridge is really mean >:().

Fluxchar (OP)

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2014, 04:31:55 pm »
thanks zear. i sent you a PM. :)

Fluxchar (OP)

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2014, 04:37:33 pm »
Also may i add, why does mapping help? those are just controls.... the game doesnt even start up. it goes right to a grey screen. Please note the first Battle kid works just fine on this emu.

zear

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2014, 05:24:38 pm »
I don't know much about this myself, so I can't go into details and thus let me just link you to a proper source of information:
http://wiki.nesdev.com/w/index.php/Mapper

This is what Battle Kid 2 uses:
http://wiki.nesdev.com/w/index.php/Battle_Kid_2:_Mountain_of_Torment

From what I understand, if an emulator doesn't support a certain mapper, it won't be able to emulate roms using it. So if our emulator doesn't support the mapper used by Battle Kid 2, you are out of luck.

Fluxchar (OP)

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2014, 10:44:19 pm »
heres the mapper, but it looks like a foreign language

Mapper: Shipped on the Sealie UNROM 512 board (mapper 30) but uses only the subset compatible with oversize mapper 2

Fluxchar (OP)

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2014, 11:29:51 pm »
But i have both FCea emus... the old one plays it fine but the sound is terrible and the FPS drops after maybe 5 mins of playing it. the other one just doesnt even start it... seeing as though it was made here by members....

Nebuleon

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2014, 11:50:17 pm »
Not really. Whoever made the port for the GCW Zero did not code the emulator from scratch, and simply made sure that the audio, video, input and settings were hooked properly and things that were supported played well. Please ask for support for the game, for example, to the FCE Ultra team.

Fluxchar (OP)

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2014, 01:04:44 pm »
FCe ultra team? is there a link or anything or contact? i cant find anything