Author Topic: GCW Zero  (Read 997586 times)

qbertaddict

• * Former Staff
  • The Doctor
    • about.me
Re: GCW Zero
« Reply #2190 on: November 01, 2012, 05:31:01 pm »
What's the deal with the audio? MK seemed distorted and the music in OutRun was stuttering at regular intervals. :(
I state in the video that these are work in progress. People kept asking me me to see outrun and the others I showed.

qbertaddict

• * Former Staff
  • The Doctor
    • about.me
« Reply #2191 on: November 01, 2012, 05:36:11 pm »
Both emulators aren't finished yet. Alekmaul is still working on his MAME4All for OD port and so is d_smagin on his FBA-SDL port.

If you ask me it isn't a good idea to show these kind of videos.

Congrats to johhnyonflame with his Quake 2 port. This is what I like to see running on the GCW Zero.
Showing videos that people ask for and stating that they are work in progress seems like a fine idea to me. No secrets to keep or hide. Doing a video of the finished emus will make this video well worth it because it will show how fast the devs are moving

Dexidus

GCW Zero
« Reply #2192 on: November 01, 2012, 08:27:54 pm »
Hi all... just found (and joined this great site).

I have just ordered the GCW Zero SE and cannot wait. I was one click away from the Caanoo last night, but procrastination saved the day. I only hope I don't prove to be too much of a Luddite to fully utilise this dream piece of gaming nirvana.

Haha I pre-ordered the gcw zero, and got a caanoo to pass the time until it arrives :) i love the caanoo, but i can see it gathering dust when the gcw gets here!

jutley

« Reply #2193 on: November 01, 2012, 08:51:29 pm »
Any news on the pick up of the first 40?
Devices
GCW White Retail
GameGadget
Arduboy
PocketChip

qbertaddict

• * Former Staff
  • The Doctor
    • about.me
« Reply #2194 on: November 01, 2012, 09:22:25 pm »
Just sucks that we have to keep starting from the beginning again, so many wonderful emulators for A320 native that can't be utilised. So wish there was an easy way to create another device fully compatible with existing native A320 emus but with more hardware grunt.
This is not starting from the beginning. He is doing a version that is optimized for the gcw. The a320 od release works on this system already.

cutterjohn

• c
  • !
« Reply #2195 on: November 01, 2012, 10:20:36 pm »
You guys know that one of the selling points other than it has pretty awesome specs/controls for what it is, is that it IS OPEN(mostly, as in i.e. I'm thinking GPU and VPU are gonna be BLOBs, but still... better than most ARM based solutions(discounting x86 as Intel is open, nVidia updates forever, and well if you keep buying ATI crap every couple of years you get support)).

If you don't like what you got, fix it, or find/hire someone to fix it for you.

samir

« Reply #2196 on: November 01, 2012, 10:30:40 pm »
Showing videos that people ask for and stating that they are work in progress seems like a fine idea to me. No secrets to keep or hide. Doing a video of the finished emus will make this video well worth it because it will show how fast the devs are moving

+1

dewc

« Reply #2197 on: November 02, 2012, 12:12:40 am »
OOh another video! Exciting! Thanks again, qbertaddict! :)

ruffnutts

« Reply #2198 on: November 02, 2012, 10:01:08 am »
is today a day of good news?

hippo22

« Reply #2199 on: November 02, 2012, 10:31:42 am »
@ Ruffnutts I hope so, lol

Lardos

« Reply #2200 on: November 02, 2012, 11:26:49 am »
Can anybody imagine that the gcw zero will released before christmas?  ;)

Dexidus

GCW Zero
« Reply #2201 on: November 02, 2012, 11:55:31 am »
I had hopes that it'd arrive before christmas, but my hopes are quickly being torn apart. I'm imagining that a march/april delivery date is more realistic, if not summer 2013, but we'll see. Not a huge deal, but still.

ruffnutts

« Reply #2202 on: November 02, 2012, 01:23:09 pm »
Must be stressful though for him all these people waiting... I know I would be stressed :o

Wortsenawl

« Reply #2203 on: November 02, 2012, 01:29:14 pm »
I'm kinda late to this party, but just assumed that shipments were being made as of Oct 31st (as per the GCW site). Hey ho... I have waited about 5 years to finally convert from PC emulation to a hand held, I can wait a little longer.

One question though (and apologise if it appears stupid), but is PinMame likely to be converted across?
Not just a hairy face

SNESFAN

« Reply #2204 on: November 02, 2012, 01:32:15 pm »
questions not really unrelated to the anticipated delivery/pickup day

Is screen blanking going to be implemented? Obviously if video out isn't working yet then it can't be tested, just curious if this feature is high up on the development to do list after getting video out to work.

(screen blanking = plug in video out, main display goes dark/off so it appears if your console is more of a controller rather than game system)

Also, video out is going to just be mirror of what's on the screen correct? So you couldn't do a nintendo ds like setup or Wii U or something along those lines of thinking.

One thing I want to try once I get mine is to make a standard gnome/xfce/xwindows interface that runs under dingux but only enables it's self when you plug the zero into a hdmi source and it will automatically change to that interface.

I'm not sure if the hardware is capable of doing 2 separate images at once, but that would be cool if the displays were capable of being independent of each other.

Post a new topic