Author Topic: GCW Zero  (Read 997586 times)

crazyhorse2352

Re: GCW Zero
« Reply #2175 on: November 01, 2012, 09:01:21 am »

Sweeeet!, thanks for the video, quake 2 looks awesome!

Barsik

« Reply #2176 on: November 01, 2012, 09:31:04 am »
Will white model without protect glass?

zear

« Reply #2177 on: November 01, 2012, 09:52:21 am »
Will white model without protect glass?
no, qbert removed it because his prototype had scratches all over it

Lardos

« Reply #2178 on: November 01, 2012, 11:50:43 am »
Hello guys.
I come from germany so sorry for my bad english  ::)

I want to ask some basic questions about the GCW - Zero, because I'm really interested in getting one of these gaming consoles:

Is it possible to get one of these here in germany? Or is this product only available in the USA?

Can you run GBA games in fullscreen? Or do you have black stripes around the edges?

Do you know when it will be possible to get one? I already heared that there are still some driver problems. But do you have any suggestion, when we will able to get one?

yeah, that were all my questions I have
many greetings from germany!

K-77

• * Former Staff
« Reply #2179 on: November 01, 2012, 12:23:41 pm »
@Lardos you can find all the answers in this topic.

« Reply #2180 on: November 01, 2012, 01:44:56 pm »
Hello guys.
I come from germany so sorry for my bad english  ::)

I want to ask some basic questions about the GCW - Zero, because I'm really interested in getting one of these gaming consoles:

Is it possible to get one of these here in germany? Or is this product only available in the USA?

Can you run GBA games in fullscreen? Or do you have black stripes around the edges?

Do you know when it will be possible to get one? I already heared that there are still some driver problems. But do you have any suggestion, when we will able to get one?

yeah, that were all my questions I have
many greetings from germany!

GCWs will ship worldwide.  GBA runs full screen and is visible here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_IXRT3rxQk&feature=plcp

Initial orders are still in the process of being set up and shipped.  You can email [email protected] about ordering and available units.

Lardos

« Reply #2181 on: November 01, 2012, 01:50:52 pm »
Thank you very much! Im can't wait for it!

Frank_fjs

• My simple Dingoo web site
« Reply #2182 on: November 01, 2012, 02:47:00 pm »
What's the deal with the audio? MK seemed distorted and the music in OutRun was stuttering at regular intervals. :(

K-77

• * Former Staff
« Reply #2183 on: November 01, 2012, 02:49:54 pm »
What's the deal with the audio? MK seemed distorted and the music in OutRun was stuttering at regular intervals. :(

+1

skelton

« Reply #2184 on: November 01, 2012, 03:08:36 pm »
I think mame4all is probably running with frameskip? Maybe is the case for this stuttering audio.
Retired

Frank_fjs

« Reply #2185 on: November 01, 2012, 03:26:35 pm »
I think mame4all is probably running with frameskip? Maybe is the case for this stuttering audio.

That seems likely. Guess it's still early days software wise so will have to wait for some further optimisation.

Alien Grey

« Reply #2186 on: November 01, 2012, 03:31:59 pm »

Both emulators aren't finished yet. Alekmaul is still working on his MAME4All for OD port and so is d_smagin on his FBA-SDL port.

If you ask me it isn't a good idea to show these kind of videos.

Congrats to johhnyonflame with his Quake 2 port. This is what I like to see running on the GCW Zero.
Dingoo A-380 CFW V2.11.09 "RetroDD" - 2 x SanDisk SDHC 32GB Class 10 MicroSD Inside - 2 x Dingoo F-16 Wireless Game Controller

Frank_fjs

« Reply #2187 on: November 01, 2012, 03:50:49 pm »
Both emulators aren't finished yet.

That's fair enough. :)

Just sucks that we have to keep starting from the beginning again, so many wonderful emulators for A320 native that can't be utilised. So wish there was an easy way to create another device fully compatible with existing native A320 emus but with more hardware grunt.

Wortsenawl

« Reply #2188 on: November 01, 2012, 04:08:06 pm »
Hi all... just found (and joined this great site).

I have just ordered the GCW Zero SE and cannot wait. I was one click away from the Caanoo last night, but procrastination saved the day. I only hope I don't prove to be too much of a Luddite to fully utilise this dream piece of gaming nirvana.
Not just a hairy face

zear

« Reply #2189 on: November 01, 2012, 04:28:17 pm »
Just sucks that we have to keep starting from the beginning again, so many wonderful emulators for A320 native that can't be utilised.
We're not starting from the beginning. There's tons of emulators and other software ported from A320 OpenDingux and other linux systems. Using a uC/OS-II system (A320's native os) would actually be like starting from scratch, since except a couple of emulators, it has no software for it, and porting stuff to it is more complicated than porting to a Linux system.