Author Topic: GCW ZERO up for preorder!  (Read 5990 times)

CREEPINGIRON

Re: GCW ZERO up for preorder!
« Reply #60 on: February 15, 2017, 02:57:31 am »
How did you get on the official website and have you talked to Justin about stable production?

dreamesper (OP)

• Dreamesper
« Reply #61 on: February 16, 2017, 02:43:00 pm »
haha, I worked my magic.

No, I have not spoken to Justin Barwick myself... I keep in contact with a different employee.

:P

trickyhero

« Reply #62 on: February 21, 2017, 08:22:23 pm »
Wow @dreamesper this is an exciting development! I just happened upon an old youtube video about the gcw and wondered if they were available again and they are! How many more preorder units do you have? Are you planning on another shipment after this first 100? Thanks for bringing back sales of this interesting handheld  :)

dreamesper (OP)

• Dreamesper
« Reply #63 on: February 21, 2017, 09:34:19 pm »
I still have preorder slots left... if you want to order, you can do so over at www.dreamesper.com/shop

I do plan on getting more after the first 100 are shipped out to customers in the future.

;D    Sure, my pleasure.

Mountainmohawk

« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2017, 08:39:21 pm »
What's the ETA looking like for those of us that have ordered?

dreamesper (OP)

• Dreamesper
« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2017, 12:22:57 am »
Late March... if anything changes, I will let everyone know on the forums.

CREEPINGIRON

« Reply #66 on: February 25, 2017, 07:19:07 am »
Could you also keep us posted about the number of available preorders left if that isn't too much?

dreamesper (OP)

• Dreamesper
« Reply #67 on: February 25, 2017, 03:02:22 pm »
I'll do my best... I have to count everything over the weekend before I can give that estimate.

CREEPINGIRON

« Reply #68 on: March 07, 2017, 12:04:53 am »
Any updates?

dreamesper (OP)

• Dreamesper
« Reply #69 on: March 07, 2017, 06:43:30 am »
I'm running low on the WHITE Zero model for preorders... there's plenty of room for preorder spots with the BLACK model. To best answer your question, I'd say I'm ABOUT halfway out of the total batch of 100 units reserved at this point. To be safe, I'm going to wait until around the 70-75 unit reserve point to get production begun from the factory. That way, I know the remainder of the units shouldn't take long to fulfill & full payment can be made to GCW.

I setup the invoice to have 30 WHITE/ 70 BLACK for the 100 unit batch order from GCW.

:o

dreamesper (OP)

• Dreamesper
« Reply #70 on: March 07, 2017, 06:50:33 am »
If everything continues to be successful with this 100 batch run... I wouldn't have any problem setting up a preorder system once again for another 100 unit batch to be processed for customers in the near future. The objective is satisfy customers & get more GCW ZERO units out there for others to enjoy. I imagine also that with more units in the wild, more devs will have incentive to continue updating their homebrew/emus/firmware so that the GCW ZERO has longevity to last for the next few years on the market.

I'm still aiming for a late March/early-mid April shipment timeframe for the units on reserve. I'm sure that once others get wind that preorder slots are beginning to close, orders should begin to pickup for the remaining slots available. Any other updates, I will try to post on this forum & through twitter.

:P

Vato

« Reply #71 on: March 08, 2017, 01:29:34 am »
Hi dreamesper.
I just received a replacement battery for my gcw0 from your shop, and it worked like a charm =)
Even with my crappy soldering skillz, i was able to hook it up fairly quickly (really glad there was wires included/attached, i couldn't tell from website pics).

My zero hadn't been fired up and runnin' rite for quite a few moons,
but now she's howlin for some open source gaming goodness lol.

Fanatic

« Reply #72 on: March 08, 2017, 02:05:39 am »
So, now the units will be shipped in April? Every month its get pushed back. I paid in early January. If I knew it would take this long I would have bought one from somewhere else. If you push the shipment date back again you can refund my money.

dreamesper (OP)

• Dreamesper
« Reply #73 on: March 08, 2017, 02:42:01 am »
Hi dreamesper.
I just received a replacement battery for my gcw0 from your shop, and it worked like a charm =)
Even with my crappy soldering skillz, i was able to hook it up fairly quickly (really glad there was wires included/attached, i couldn't tell from website pics).

My zero hadn't been fired up and runnin' rite for quite a few moons,
but now she's howlin for some open source gaming goodness lol.

Awesome, thats great! Glad to hear!

dreamesper (OP)

• Dreamesper
« Reply #74 on: March 08, 2017, 02:52:52 am »
So, now the units will be shipped in April? Every month its get pushed back. I paid in early January. If I knew it would take this long I would have bought one from somewhere else. If you push the shipment date back again you can refund my money.

@Fanatic ,

I understand your concern & offer my sincerest apologies. As this is my first time placing a large batch order of GCW ZERO units, there have been factors to consider when originally making the broad March shipping timeframe. I now believe April to be a closer estimate that most, if not all, orders for the 100 unit batch should be fulfilled with units shipped shortly thereafter.

If you would like a refund at any point prior to the units being produced, kindly email me at the following address:

j@dreamesper.com

Also, thank you to everyone that has also placed an order for your patience.

Post a new topic
Post a new topic