Author Topic: GCW Zero Out of Stock?  (Read 35975 times)

Yertle

• !
Re: GCW Zero Out of Stock?
« Reply #60 on: May 29, 2015, 05:40:17 pm »
As far as we've been told, retailers should be getting stock around June 1st. Justin Barwick is still sending out Kickstarter units. He told me that all Kickstarter units would be sent before this new batch hit retailers. In the last week, 4 people have posted on Kickstarter that they are still waiting. I've emailed Justin Barwick 3 times in the last week and a half and he hasn't replied to me. I've asked for an update for the Kickstarter backers and I asked if the new improved D-pad will be installed in these new retail units. There have been a few people asking about when retailers will get new stock on the GCW Zero Facebook page but those questions have gone unanswered. It looks like the GCW Retro-Cade shut down on May 16th so I wonder if he is dealing with that instead of dealing with GCW or the Kickstarter project.

I'm sure there is more stock coming as long as Justin Barwick is telling the truth. He said he sent someone to China to do the QA/QC to go through 2,000 new units. I guess we'll see. It's sad to see communication still being such a huge issue with Kickstarter backers and new people interested in buying one but can't.

dreamesper (OP)

• Dreamesper
« Reply #61 on: May 29, 2015, 05:52:40 pm »
Oh absolutely, I couldn't agree more. I am in love with this device & am honestly one of the few who purchased a unit that was a flawless build (no sticky buttons, etc.) It's obvious that this individual J. Barwick does NOT know how to do business at all... plain and simple. If you have a legitimate business, you do NOT abandon or avoid customers, period.

I mean, what is he thinking? He doesn't even visit this site & provide updates or anything... it's unfortunate is all that I can say. It has a lot of potential... silly to let it go to waste if he does NOT intend to sell more units through retailers.

The only thing that is well maintained is the main website; www.gcw-zero.com

Other than that, I would think that he has a lot of explaining to do if more batches do NOT reach the hands of gamers interested in purchasing units, etc.

???

Bigbot

« Reply #62 on: June 01, 2015, 10:42:38 pm »
I have been waiting for the Zero to get back in stock for several months now, but my interest is waning. I think I'll just stick to the Caanoo and S602b.

Pardue

• GamingGems
« Reply #63 on: June 02, 2015, 03:45:50 pm »
I've been out of the country for two weeks, I didn't know Thinkgeek was sold off.

I wonder how this will affect the Zero getting back in stock.

Or maybe I can trade in a Zero for $3.25 in store credit.

EvilDragon

• DragonBox Shop
« Reply #64 on: June 14, 2015, 02:49:56 am »
As far as we've been told, retailers should be getting stock around June 1st.

Well, yes, I'm one of the retailers and are waiting for the paid units (100!) since January...
I'm evil.

Aeter

« Reply #65 on: June 16, 2015, 11:11:44 pm »

Well, yes, I'm one of the retailers and are waiting for the paid units (100!) since January...
After that long and no updates I'd have gotten my money back if were you.
~cucullus non facit monachum~

stan

« Reply #66 on: June 18, 2015, 10:13:48 am »

>>>> WE ARE A RETAILER - PAID UPFRONT IN JANUARY 2015 - STILL NOT RECEIVED ORDER - EXTREMELY CONCERNED - JUSTIN NO LONGER ANSWERING CALLS OR EMAILS.

Harteex

• * Administrator
    • Harteex Productions
« Reply #67 on: June 18, 2015, 12:22:00 pm »
Please remember that this is a forum for the community, and we can't help you with matters involving Justin.
Refer to this thread: http://boards.dingoonity.org/gcw-general/a-reminder-dingoonity-is-not-a-place-to-get-gcw-order-support/

I highly doubt Justin is reading this forum anyway.

Also, since these threads often end in drama, to prevent it from being locked, please ensure you're familiar with the rules, which can be found at the top of this page.

PureWicked.AU

• Australian GCW reseller
« Reply #68 on: June 29, 2015, 08:40:00 pm »
THX Harteex, if I remember correctly the thread you posted was in response to my questions regarding my situation with him oh so long ago, when I was the only voice of complaint screaming in the wilderness cause I wasn't getting the stock I paid for.. such a long time ago now, would like to see more GCW Zero's in the wild, will we though? will the retailer's ever get their stock? will I get my replacements for units that I sent in ?

on the other hand the hardware itself is  great..

mujotomi

« Reply #69 on: July 03, 2015, 12:42:17 pm »

I highly doubt Justin is reading this forum anyway.

Also, since these threads often end in drama, to prevent it from being locked, please ensure you're familiar with the rules, which can be found at the top of this page.

If I may just comment on something from your link:
"If you have an issue with your GCW Zero, contact Justin Barwick directly via the following email address: [email protected]

Nobody but Justin Barwick will be able to answer any questions about outstanding orders."

Judging by responses of those unfortunate persons I'd say this means that nobody will be able to answer their questions. That's why I think you could cut them some slack. And it's a good thing that we see on this site - that is dedicated to GCW zero - how things develop and what people we may be dealing with in the future. Probably you could just move the contents to appropriate past threads and ask them not to open new ones.

Yertle

• !
« Reply #70 on: July 07, 2015, 03:09:54 pm »
The ThinkGeek site is estimating to have new units around August 5th.

pcercuei

• My devblog
« Reply #71 on: July 07, 2015, 03:37:31 pm »
Ah, good news!

Yertle

• !
« Reply #72 on: July 08, 2015, 12:58:10 am »
That's the first time they've had a date on there for a while. They also opened up the link so all you have to do is search for it. Good news indeed! There has been multiple people asking where to buy a unit for a while now. Hopefully everything goes smooth!

EvilDragon

• DragonBox Shop
« Reply #73 on: July 11, 2015, 01:28:37 pm »
I wonder if that date will be as accurate as the last 3 times I got a delivery date...

The units still are not ready, which is why Justin started a refund bank transfer yesterday (or so he claimed).

But yeah, maybe Justin is happy to rather sell the units to Thinkgeek than to distributors who paid in January... you never know.

Unless I receive more units, I won't support the GCW anymore. So no GCW at the GamesCom this year, no advertising in Germany, no nothing.
Sad story, but that's how it is :(
I'm evil.

Pardue

• GamingGems
« Reply #74 on: July 12, 2015, 08:54:06 pm »
These release dates are the digital evolution of the Three-card Monte.

And I don't see why ED can't get a receipt, how hard is it to snap a photo with a smartphone and send via email?

I don't have faith in the 5th working out, but as I said about June 30th, I would love to be proven wrong.

dreamesper (OP)

• Dreamesper
« Reply #75 on: July 12, 2015, 10:27:25 pm »
Agreed.

retrodoodoo

• * Confirmed Reseller
« Reply #76 on: July 14, 2015, 05:57:15 am »
How many people will buy if Willgoo have this unit available? ;)

Pardue

• GamingGems
« Reply #77 on: July 14, 2015, 09:49:29 am »
Wow! So maybe Willgoo can get some units... I don't suppose the GCW factory is working off the clock, are they? If ya know what I mean *wink, wink* *nudge, nudge*

But really, the biggest issue is just as you said it- if you have them available. After that the issue is price since retailers don't seem to be agreeing on a price and some people don't like that. If you can get your hands on some, you should probably start with an order of like 30 units and see how fast or slow they sell. We hear stories about people wanting units but I have my doubts about the size of the demand out there at this point.

dreamesper (OP)

• Dreamesper
« Reply #78 on: July 14, 2015, 12:12:36 pm »
Unfortunately, I would have to agree with that point. It's been years since the Kickstarter campaign was funded and the ZERO has heavy competition from other companies now with Android devices, etc.

I'm going to keep an eye on the 8/5 restock date from Thinkgeek though... if it ends up going through, I'll try to get word to everyone on the board about it.

;D

Bigbot

« Reply #79 on: July 14, 2015, 02:14:14 pm »
If the price is <$150, I'd buy it. Android handhelds are a lot more powerful now, but are still not as portable.