Author Topic: GCW Zero Out of Stock?  (Read 35953 times)

Beerman1138

Re: GCW Zero Out of Stock?
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2015, 03:02:53 pm »
To be clear -- I got the same e-mail from ThinkGeek -- so it was either a mistake, or some automated thing where if something is out of stock for so long, they just automatically tell people it's not coming back. 

Yertle

• !
« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2015, 03:15:23 pm »
Well, Timmy told you BS; I got confirmation from Alex from ThinkGeek that they are not discontinuing anything.

Sorry. I'm not trying to lie. I'm telling you what I was told from ThinkGeek. I'm not the only one either.

Edit: I just went to ThinkGeek and did a live chat with Yolanda. She reassured me that the GCW Zero is discontinued. Sorry Timmy....

Edit Again: I sent an email to ThinkGeek and told them I have heard multiple things and wanted a definitive answer and Dustin S. replied and told me that the GCW Zero is discontinued.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 04:13:23 pm by Yertle »

Scoobysnaxx

« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2015, 05:18:20 pm »
I can no longer find the Zero on Think Geek. Product search comes up empty and its not listed in the Console & Portable Gaming section.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 05:21:59 pm by Scoobysnaxx »

Yertle

• !
« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2015, 06:25:55 pm »
I can no longer find the Zero on Think Geek. Product search comes up empty and its not listed in the Console & Portable Gaming section.

The search function for the item hasn't worked for a long time. If you follow the link from gcw-zero.com. It will take you to it. Here it is:
http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/168f/

hamie96

• My Website
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2015, 02:17:57 am »
As a side note, I received two emails from Thinkgeek about two weeks ago:
- One said the White GCW-Zero was currently out of stock and is being discontinued
- The other said the Black GCW-Zero is being discontinued (this one came a day after the first)

I figure this is probably some automated response. Either that or they're refusing to sell to Thinkgeek anymore.

Pardue

• GamingGems
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2015, 03:00:03 am »
I haven't been keeping up with how the console is stocked, but I thought ThinkGeek had their own orders arrive directly from the factory in China. If that's still the case, then I'm inclined to believe they didn't order another batch.

Scoobysnaxx

« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2015, 06:31:48 pm »
The search function for the item hasn't worked for a long time. If you follow the link from gcw-zero.com. It will take you to it. Here it is:
http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/168f/

To clarify,

I saw that the direct link was still working, but if you click "Console & Portable Gaming" it's not reflected in that section. Even if the search function isn't working, it should still show up under "Console & Portable Gaming" as out of stock right?

Unrelated note - damn I want one of them Shield Tablets :)

Goggles2114

« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2015, 10:32:44 pm »
Let's say the zero is discontinued from Thinkgeek. What other sellers do we have, geeks with wives?

Beerman1138

« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2015, 05:02:40 am »
Geeks with Wives and Ithic are the two other vendors in the US, but both report being out of stock. 

g3506634

« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2015, 12:56:54 am »
Looks like it's official. I spoke with a ThinkGeek customer service representative and they told me there was no mistake. They have discontinued the GCW Zero.

Yertle

• !
« Reply #50 on: May 11, 2015, 03:58:01 am »
Geeks with Wives are good people. We'll see if ThinkGeek is taken off of the official GCW retailer web site soon.

pcercuei

• My devblog
« Reply #51 on: May 11, 2015, 11:47:38 am »
Well, Timmy told you BS; I got confirmation from Alex from ThinkGeek that they are not discontinuing anything.

Sorry. I'm not trying to lie. I'm telling you what I was told from ThinkGeek. I'm not the only one either.

Edit: I just went to ThinkGeek and did a live chat with Yolanda. She reassured me that the GCW Zero is discontinued. Sorry Timmy....

Edit Again: I sent an email to ThinkGeek and told them I have heard multiple things and wanted a definitive answer and Dustin S. replied and told me that the GCW Zero is discontinued.
Well I'm quoting a mail that Justin forwarded to me, so that's legit info. But I agree that there's something fishy going on... I guess I'll just wait for an official announcement from either ThinkGeek or Justin then.

gcw

• http://GCW-Zero.com
« Reply #52 on: May 11, 2015, 05:32:26 pm »
I also called ThinkGeek Customer service just to check on the rumor fidelis had emailed me about the rep told me he could not find it in his system but it was not unusual when an item was out of stock. He also stated he would have no idea if the item was discontinued as it was not his department. I have provided proof to key people that the GCW Zero is indeed not discontinued. The product page still exists is just not searchable till they are restocked http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/168f/

Yertle

• !
« Reply #53 on: May 11, 2015, 06:54:49 pm »
I also called ThinkGeek Customer service just to check on the rumor fidelis had emailed me about the rep told me he could not find it in his system but it was not unusual when an item was out of stock. He also stated he would have no idea if the item was discontinued as it was not his department. I have provided proof to key people that the GCW Zero is indeed not discontinued. The product page still exists is just not searchable till they are restocked http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/168f/

I've contacted ThinkGeek customer service 5 different times. I've emailed, I've called and I did a live chat. Everytime they have told me that without a doubt, the GCW Zero has been discontinued at ThinkGeek and they will not be stocking this item anymore. Maybe when you called it was the person's first day on the job or something because you are the only one that gets that answer.

You say you have provided proof to key people that the item is not discontinued, what proof is that? From the sounds of it, you didn't get a solid answer from ThinkGeek. "He also stated he would have no idea if the item was discontinued as it was not his department." That is not proof.

Something is obviously amiss somewhere.

Yertle

• !
« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2015, 06:19:41 pm »
6th time is the charm I guess. I got through to a higher up at ThinkGeek and here was there response:

At this time, we do not have inventory from the vendor of the GCW Zero. If we can get more inventory, we plan to, but at this point, we don't have updates from the vendor as to if or when we will be receiving more.

I retract what I said about the GCW Zero being discontinued.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 07:06:33 pm by Yertle »

luciferous

« Reply #55 on: May 17, 2015, 11:55:06 pm »
UPDATE:  Sold!

I've got one to sell if anyone is interested.  I'm debating on whether I should list it on eBay, Craigslist, Amazon, etc... but in the meantime, figured I'd say something here.

This is a Kickstarter black version, perfect condition (honestly), no d-pad squeaks, with box and all original accessories.  I just don't use it as much I as I thought I would... too many things competing for my time.

Make an offer if interested!

P.S. - I'm in Minnesota if you're curious, but probably ship just about anywhere.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 08:47:28 pm by luciferous »

trashHeap

« Reply #56 on: May 26, 2015, 03:03:19 pm »
Another batch is about ready to ship to vendors all vendors should have stock by May 10th, 2015 we still make small batch production. So there are moments when stock will run out.

So was this true? It doesn't seem like Ithic or DragonBox got a restock.

Yertle

• !
« Reply #57 on: May 26, 2015, 04:56:56 pm »
Another batch is about ready to ship to vendors all vendors should have stock by May 10th, 2015 we still make small batch production. So there are moments when stock will run out.

So was this true? It doesn't seem like Ithic or DragonBox got a restock.

The date was moved up to June 1st.

Yertle

• !
« Reply #58 on: May 28, 2015, 08:41:07 pm »
I'm not sure what the deal is here but it looks like ithic.com was selling GCW Zeros for $259.00 each. http://ithic.com/newsite/index.php?id_product=16&controller=product

I doubt he sold any at near double the cost.

dreamesper (OP)

• Dreamesper
« Reply #59 on: May 29, 2015, 07:58:42 am »
Ya, from the looks of it so far, this doesn't sound too good at all for anyone interested in getting one. Not to mention, it's gonna be a blow to devs since the userbase is quite low overall i would imagine.

If restocks occur, great, but it's possible they may not be seeing high demand in the product after all...

Post a new topic