Author Topic: Tuxemon  (Read 3120 times)

Goggles2114 (OP)

Tuxemon
« on: January 20, 2015, 05:59:48 pm »
Tuxemon: An open source attempt at creating a Pok?mon work alike engine in python using the pygame library.

The following was packaged by ShadoeApex. Feedback will be appreciated I'm sure.

Edit: I'd made this topic to make clear a zero opk had been released and discuss 'this' system as opposed to generic pokemon-alikes. Feel free to merge/delete as mods see fit.
http://tuxemon.org/files/Tuxemon.opk

I had advised ShadowApex to start adding version numbers to the opk filenames to help break up one release from another.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 07:46:49 pm by Goggles2114 »

Kouen Hasuki

Re: Tuxemon
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2015, 01:23:06 pm »
Cheers for the interesting share!

Goggles2114 (OP)

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2015, 07:58:51 pm »
Submitted a feature list for the default campaign. Amongst these include methods to get around level grinding, alternative leveling mechanics, and how to create new creatures. This is more 'show off what is possible' than 'you must use these' since I figure give a lot of explicit options up front that people making their own games can use or not as they like. Sure it'll be a pain in the neck, but discussing what will or won't work is always worthwhile.

I mean come on. This is our shot at having a big huge killer app that the masses can understand.

'Oh snap that thing has a pokemon workalike? WAIT, IT'S FREE WITH PURCHASE OF THE DEVICE?! SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!'

ShadowApex

• Tuxemon Project
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2015, 08:48:10 am »
I just finished setting up automated GCW-Zero builds of Tuxemon. Whenever there is a commit to the development version, a GCW-Zero build will be made.

For the latest version, you can download here:
http://www.tuxemon.org/files/tuxemon-devel.opk

To download a specific build, go here:
http://www.tuxemon.org/files/builds/

pcercuei

• My devblog
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2015, 11:33:58 am »
As it's a Python app and not a compiled executable, I suggest that you name the metadata file "default.all.desktop", so that the OPK can be run on all the platforms on which OPKs are supported.
... Which means only the GCW-Zero for now, but heh, better be future-proof.

ShadowApex

• Tuxemon Project
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2015, 09:06:23 pm »
As it's a Python app and not a compiled executable, I suggest that you name the metadata file "default.all.desktop", so that the OPK can be run on all the platforms on which OPKs are supported.
... Which means only the GCW-Zero for now, but heh, better be future-proof.

I changed the metadata file to "default.all.desktop" in the latest commit. :)

Goggles2114 (OP)

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2015, 03:06:09 am »
Glad to see work continues. Sorry for not having a lot to say, but i'm trying to keep myself from burning out by going through basically every idea I've got while you're still on step five of five thousand.

Post a new topic
Post a new topic