Author Topic: eduke32  (Read 2366 times)

gijoke69 (OP)

eduke32
« on: April 20, 2014, 03:21:25 pm »
If the game requires additional files to work, why is it on the repository?
Can someone post where the necessary files to work eduke32 can be found and instructions on getting it to run?

hi-ban

Re: eduke32
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2014, 03:52:29 pm »
The necessary files to run eduke are the original DukeNukem3D data files. They are protected by copyright, and it is illegal to post them in this forum. For those reasons, they are not in the repository. However, you can find them googling on the internet, or in the original DukeNukem3D game CD, if you own one.

The eduke engine, on the other side, is opensource and free. Therefore, it can legally be in the repository.

Wild Penguin

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2014, 04:21:29 pm »
Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic edition can be bought from gog.com and other sources too, probably. The Atomic Version will work with eduke32.

Also, maybe it works with the shareware version, too (I don't know). Eduke32 documentation will probably tell you  :)

My Hocoslamfy highscore: 107. Also try Freedroid for GCW0!

surfi80

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2014, 04:47:31 pm »
If the game requires additional files to work,......... ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Comrade, good luck with that search, cost me my God and help
play with the best? die like the rest!

http://www.elotrolado.net/wiki/PS_VITA_Usuarios_EoL

zear

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2014, 07:06:41 pm »
Also, maybe it works with the shareware version, too (I don't know). Eduke32 documentation will probably tell you  :)
It works with shareware too, yes. The only version not supported is the Steam one (because they made some changes to the game and the eduke32 build predates it).

If the game requires additional files to work, why is it on the repository?
Why couldn't it be on the repository?

When you launch the game without game data, it prints all the installation instructions you need.
I can add it to the file description in the repository if you find that more useful.

kuwanger

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2014, 06:16:09 am »
It works with shareware too, yes. The only version not supported is the Steam one (because they made some changes to the game and the eduke32 build predates it).

Do you mean the part about missing the extra content?  Because, yea, you end up getting the equivalent of the Atomic Edition if you copy the data files out of the classic folder and the extra content doesn't seem to show up in the user maps.  Still, that's mostly working. :)

Cooper

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2015, 03:34:23 am »
Hi there!

Has anyone managed to run the carribean vacation addon under eduke on GCW? I personally have tested it with the PC version - runs fine, but no progress with the handheld...