• HomeBoards
  • RulesRules
  • HelpHelp
  • WikiWiki
  • Donate

Author Topic: Gameblabla's Oswan  (Read 20017 times)

gameblabla (OP)

Gameblabla's Oswan
« on: August 13, 2015, 11:53:26 pm »

Gameblabla's Oswan is a fork of Oswan based on OswanJ and Alekmaul's Oswan.
The goal is to make the best Wonderswan emulator possible on the GCW0.
(Already the case)

Here's what my fork has improved over Alekmaul's version :
  • It's more compatible. It can play Dragon Ball, Kinnikuman, Final Fantasy II etc...
  • It sounds (so) much better. (With stereo support)
  • It's more accurate.
  • It's smoother
  • It supports multiple save states
  • It supports the second dpad (using the stick)
  • Invert the controls and map the Dpad to ABXY, you can do it here !

Latest build: 08/05/2015 (Minor fixes)
Download

Github repository

About Developers
Thanks to Alekmaul for his Oswan port.
Mednafen, for helping clearing some things out and some of their code.
V30MZ core came from NomadSwan, it has been modified since then.
Bird_may_nike, for OswanJ which i based on.
You, for reporting bugs and making suggestions
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 11:01:12 pm by gameblabla »

Xaijiqq

Re: Oswan
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2015, 04:40:50 pm »
unfortunately kinniku man second generations dream tag match still doesn't work

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2015, 08:07:25 pm »
unfortunately kinniku man second generations dream tag match still doesn't work
Dragon Ball doesn't work too.
Yup, i have not tried to make it more compatible, i just made sure it was fast enough.
I'll try to merge some of the changes from upstream, maybe that'll work.

CopyKitten

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2015, 06:06:45 am »
Hi, can you please remaps all the input keys for the next release? Currently only buton A and button B supported.

Just for reference (Based on Cygne):
WonderSwan Documentation

And I found a bug, if I switched the screen to 1x size, I can't get into the menu after I quit (had to delete the oswan.cfg file).

Looking forward to play Dicing Knight in full button inputs (and hopefully someday Kinnikuman II-Sei too).

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2015, 05:08:19 pm »
I have updated Oswan.
See below if you want to know what has changed.
I removed the option to play with the original size,
tell me if you don't like the IPU scaling.

Hi, can you please remaps all the input keys for the next release? Currently only buton A and button B supported.
Oops, i thought the X and Y buttons were working, fixed.

And I found a bug, if I switched the screen to 1x size, I can't get into the menu after I quit (had to delete the oswan.cfg file).
Indeed, it did not worked properly.
I think i may have fixed this, i did not have any problems to quit the menu.

Looking forward to play Dicing Knight in full button inputs
Well, now you can. :)

(and hopefully someday Kinnikuman II-Sei too).
^ This may not happen though...

CopyKitten

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2015, 07:42:48 pm »
I'm not able to load the emulator though and it just goes blank (can't even generate the oswan.cfg), will redownload later when I'm on desktop just to make sure the file is really downloaded in a binary mode.

Another request, to toggle On/Off the sound channels if possible?

Edit: Still can't make it work, is this affects the console unit type? KS / Special ED?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 08:05:33 pm by CopyKitten »

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2015, 08:09:30 pm »
Edit: Still can't make it work, is this affects the console unit type? KS / Special ED?
No, you're not crazy, it was Oswan the problem.
I updated it again, try again please. (same link)

EDIT2 : Argh, forgot to remove a define. Download it again please.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 08:15:11 pm by gameblabla »

zhongtiao1

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2015, 01:39:04 am »
I can't download the file. Just takes me to an html document with scrambled text. Could you upload it to mega.co.nz, yun.baidu.com, or something like that please?

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2015, 02:26:57 am »
I can't download the file. Just takes me to an html document with scrambled text. Could you upload it to mega.co.nz, yun.baidu.com, or something like that please?
I uploaded it on Github, you can download it here :
https://github.com/gameblabla/oswan/raw/master/oswan.opk

Worth noting :
I GOT BANNED CHINA, YES !
I HAVE SUCEEDED IN LIFE !
I CAN NOW REST IN PEACE.

zhongtiao1

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2015, 03:24:30 am »
I uploaded it on Github, you can download it here :
https://github.com/gameblabla/oswan/raw/master/oswan.opk

Worth noting :
I GOT BANNED CHINA, YES !
I HAVE SUCEEDED IN LIFE !
I CAN NOW REST IN PEACE.

Thanks for posting it :) is it possible to get both x1-4 and y1-4 working? using the joystick or the xyLR buttons? Speed is up from alekmaul's version which is a huge plus :D I can finally play Final Fantasy and Arc the lad. In Riviera - Yakusoku no Chi Riviera, screen flashes around text whenever something is being selected. If you could integrate the MESS sound core, I believe that would help the sound. Overall, Great Job  ;D

CopyKitten

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2015, 03:27:46 am »
Now it's working! But...

I CAN NOW REST IN PEACE.

Your quest is not over yet.  Sorry for not making it clear but so far, we've got the:
- Start (Option)
- Button A
- Button B
- Directional Pad (X Cursors).

There's supposed to be another set of Directional Pad (Y Cursors) mapped on different key inputs. Some games like Dicing Knight and Rockman EXE WS utilized it for Items and Battle Chips. Can you look into it? And if possible, the inputs for d-pad and the analog nub able to be swapped.

CopyKitten

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2015, 05:13:30 pm »
Seems like swapping wasn't a good idea, vertical scrolling shooter game such as  Judgement Silversword requires the ABXY type of buttons instead of hard mapping it to the d-pad.

And I found another 2 bugs:
- The FPS counter is not working.
- Button B can't captured any input keys.

zhongtiao1

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2015, 10:48:49 pm »

And I found another 2 bugs:
- The FPS counter is not working.

Same problems

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2015, 11:38:11 pm »
Yo,
i mapped the Y D-pad to the joystick and fixed some buttons as well.
I removed the "Buttons Settings" from the menu, it was made by Alekmaul but it was confusing and useless.
Fixed the FPS counter, i forgot to fix the define in question...
Updated it, same link as before. (both on github and on my website)

Hope you like the new version !

EDIT:
Yeah, the buttons were not properly mapped.
The new version should fix this.

EDIT2: If you downloaded it before i made this edit then please download it again,
i fixed the joystick controls and it also has more accurate emulation. (taken from Mednafen, thanks)
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 01:26:35 am by gameblabla »

CopyKitten

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2015, 04:40:20 am »
Thank you, seems like Alekmaul stripped too much functions from the original Oswan source code, can you restore the savestates?

Will you implements the input settings in the future? If not, then I would like to request these optimizations:

Horizontal Gameplay
A = Button A
B = Button B
Y = Button A (Rapid Fire A or Copy of Button A)
X = Button B (Rapid Fire B or Copy of Button B)
L = Quick Save (or Rapid Fire A)
R = Quick Load (or Rapid Fire B)
Start = Option
Select = Emulator's Menu

Vertical Gameplay
A = Copy of D-pad UP
X = Copy of D-pad DOWN
Y = Copy of D-pad LEFT
B = Copy of D-pad RIGHT

Button A and Button B = Restore these buttons if the Copy of D-pad inputs aren't snaps to ABXY.

XYLR = Rapid fires and Quick savestates respectively (XY affected if Copy of D-pads activated).

The reason for this is, in vertical mode I don't have a way to press Up/Down (Y/B combo) or Left/Right (X/A combo) at the same time (I've yet to find a game that benefits from this).

Note: Ability to swaps between the D-pad X and D-pad Y, in horizontal games, I would like to use the Joystick as a navigation and the normal D-pad to activate the inventory items (Rockman EXE WS and Dicing Knight as an example).

In 1x size, the WS border is flickering, can I add my own border or just leave it as a black border?

And... while navigating through the roms, can you add a scroller/skipper for easy navigations. The total list of games are not that long but still take a while to scrolls.

Sorry man if I annoyed you this much, it is just that nobody resumed the project :p

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2015, 07:02:30 am »
Yo,
i updated Oswan again.
It has save states support through the L & R shoulder buttons and the menu.
X and Y are rapid fire buttons and they are mapped to A and B.

Thank you, seems like Alekmaul stripped too much functions from the original Oswan source code, can you restore the savestates?
Yeah i restored them.
In fact, it was very easy. So much, it makes you wonder why he didn't do it ?

Horizontal Gameplay
A = Button A
B = Button B
Y = Button A (Rapid Fire A or Copy of Button A)
X = Button B (Rapid Fire B or Copy of Button B)
L = Quick Save (or Rapid Fire A)
R = Quick Load (or Rapid Fire B)
Start = Option
Select = Emulator's Menu

Vertical Gameplay
A = Copy of D-pad UP
X = Copy of D-pad DOWN
Y = Copy of D-pad LEFT
B = Copy of D-pad RIGHT

Button A and Button B = Restore these buttons if the Copy of D-pad inputs aren't snaps to ABXY.

XYLR = Rapid fires and Quick savestates respectively (XY affected if Copy of D-pads activated).

The reason for this is, in vertical mode I don't have a way to press Up/Down (Y/B combo) or Left/Right (X/A combo) at the same time (I've yet to find a game that benefits from this).
So i mapped the controls to Horizontal mode like you said.

I just don't get it for the vertical mode though...
You want me to map the ABXY to the Dpad ? What about the joystick ?
I can do it technically but you'll have to be more precise. Sorry

Note: Ability to swaps between the D-pad X and D-pad Y, in horizontal games, I would like to use the Joystick as a navigation and the normal D-pad to activate the inventory items (Rockman EXE WS and Dicing Knight as an example).
Will do. I will provide it as an option in the menu. (I'm already using all the buttons of the GCW0 so i've got no choice)

In 1x size, the WS border is flickering, can I add my own border or just leave it as a black border?
Yeah, it was triple buffering that was causing the problem.
Unfortunely, putting black borders instead will crash it. (as you experienced it before)
Yeah, i can put the ability to have your own border instead, if you really want it.
(I may end up doing this though if i want to release it on the repository)

And... while navigating through the roms, can you add a scroller/skipper for easy navigations. The total list of games are not that long but still take a while to scrolls.
Will do as well.

Sorry man if I annoyed you this much, it is just that nobody resumed the project :p
It's not a problem, i like working on it.

In Riviera - Yakusoku no Chi Riviera, screen flashes around text whenever something is being selected
It wasn't supposed to do that ? Gee, that bug actually makes the game look nicer !
There are some other graphical glitches, will look into it but later.

As for Kinnukiman, there's progress !
Instead of freezing the emulator, it now crashes the emulator.
You see, PROGRESS ! (votemeforpresidentin2016)

CopyKitten

« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2015, 12:02:34 pm »
Serious bugs man! When I use the save function, the rom size will be trimmed to the size of its own savestate (Oh my roms! can't access to PC again for the next 20 hours, so will delay another reports because I don't have another roms to experiment with).

So far only the START (Option), Button R (Quick Load) and Button A & B are corrects. But the rest:
Horizontal Mode
- X and Y behaves as Dpad UP and RIGHT respectively instead of Rapid Fire B & A.
- Button L will activates the menu instead of Quick Save, and SELECT supposed to activates the Game Menu.

Another kind of bugs, if a game don't have a savestate and you try to Quick Load it with the Button R, the game will hangs. And if you do a Load State through the
Game Menu, it will auto create a save file and then trimmed the rom. The next time you run the emulator after exiting, the rom is already corrupted.

I just don't get it for the vertical mode though...
You want me to map the ABXY to the Dpad ? What about the joystick ?
I can do it technically but you'll have to be more precise. Sorry

Vertical Mode
The Dpad and Joystick is already in its correct position when we play it vertically. What I had in mind is, the ABXY to behave the same way as the Dpad in this mode (meaning that... disabled the Rapid Fires on X/Y buttons and the normal A/B buttons, but enabled them back again if the ABXY mirroring to Dpad is deactivated), obviously this is part of the option settings.

Example for the game Judgement Silversword, currently the vertical mapping for Dpad UP (Straight Shot), Dpad LEFT (Spread Shot), Dpad DOWN (Shield) and Dpad RIGHT (Extra/Unused). So I would like to mirrors the Dpad keys on the ABXY so it would be like these:

A and Dpad Up = Straight Shot.
Y and Dpad Left = Spread Shot.
X and Dpad Down = Shield/Barrier.
B and Dpad Right = Extra/Unused/As Is.

If you still confused (I'm terrible at explaining things actually), I say give us the full input key mappings and split the key settings between the horizontal mode and the vertical mode.

Yeah, it was triple buffering that was causing the problem.
Unfortunely, putting black borders instead will crash it. (as you experienced it before)
Yeah, i can put the ability to have your own border instead, if you really want it.
(I may end up doing this though if i want to release it on the repository)

I don't mind to patch it up with an Image type of border (more personalization I guess) and hey, its not flickering anymore...

As for Kinnukiman, there's progress !
Instead of freezing the emulator, it now crashes the emulator.
You see, PROGRESS ! (votemeforpresidentin2016)

Progress indeed, you make it work and then I'll post the save file for all of the unlockable characters,

And another request, while in the Game Menu, I would like the Button B to snapped to the Continue for fast switching from the Menu to the current active game (similar to OhBoy emulator).

About your presidential, the eloomiinartii still want to conquer the world though, so...

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2015, 03:05:19 pm »
Released an update that fixes a serious bug to Oswan,
you are advised to download it if you don't want to lose your roms !
I added the ability to swap between the joystick and the dpad too !

Serious bugs man! When I use the save function, the rom size will be trimmed to the size of its own savestate (Oh my roms! can't access to PC again for the next 20 hours, so will delay another reports because I don't have another roms to experiment with).
Sorry for your roms man, i should have been more careful :(
This is fixed and you were only affected if you used the R button.

Vertical Mode
The Dpad and Joystick is already in its correct position when we play it vertically. What I had in mind is, the ABXY to behave the same way as the Dpad in this mode (meaning that... disabled the Rapid Fires on X/Y buttons and the normal A/B buttons, but enabled them back again if the ABXY mirroring to Dpad is deactivated), obviously this is part of the option settings.

Example for the game Judgement Silversword, currently the vertical mapping for Dpad UP (Straight Shot), Dpad LEFT (Spread Shot), Dpad DOWN (Shield) and Dpad RIGHT (Extra/Unused). So I would like to mirrors the Dpad keys on the ABXY so it would be like these:

A and Dpad Up = Straight Shot.
Y and Dpad Left = Spread Shot.
X and Dpad Down = Shield/Barrier.
B and Dpad Right = Extra/Unused/As Is.

If you still confused (I'm terrible at explaining things actually), I say give us the full input key mappings and split the key settings between the horizontal mode and the vertical mod
Oh, i get it. What happen to the A and B buttons though ?
Judgement Silversword does not use it ?
Anyways, i added it as "ABXY Is DPad : (Yes/No)".

Another kind of bugs, if a game don't have a savestate and you try to Quick Load it with the Button R, the game will hangs.
I may or may have not fixed on GCW0, you will have to test this.

And another request, while in the Game Menu, I would like the Button B to snapped to the Continue for fast switching from the Menu to the current active game (similar to OhBoy emulator).
That's what i did, you can do it in the new version now.

IF there are no more issues, then i will (as usual) try to improve the emulation core.
Also, if anyone knows what was the first Mednafen version to play Kinnikution properly, that would be great.
( Please, don't tell me it was the first one :( )

About your presidential, the eloomiinartii still want to conquer the world though, so...
:(
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 03:08:11 pm by gameblabla »

zhongtiao1

« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2015, 10:10:32 pm »
Again, I would like x1-4 and y1-4 enabled or at least an option to enable it using the joystick or xylr :)

gameblabla (OP)

« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2015, 10:59:34 pm »
Again, I would like x1-4 and y1-4 enabled or at least an option to enable it using the joystick or xylr :)
Dude, that's what i did with the lastest version, it's all there.
Please download it again.