Author Topic: o2xiv, Open2x Image Viewer, port for GCW Zero  (Read 2979 times)

Nebuleon

o2xiv, Open2x Image Viewer, port for GCW Zero
« on: April 05, 2014, 02:15:12 am »
Per the thread title. This currently needs user testing.

To browse your screenshots taken with Power+Y, you only need to enter the 'screenshots' folder; it shows the home directory on your GCW Zero's internal memory by default.

Download: URL o2xiv is now baked into the root filesystem of the GCW Zero firmware, as of 2014-04-27.
Sources: https://github.com/Nebuleon/o2xiv

Original sources: http://sourceforge.net/p/open2x/code/HEAD/tree/trunk/utils/o2xiv/

Controls:

~In the file chooser~

Up/Down: Move selection by one file
L/R shoulder: Move selection by one page
A/B: Select image
Select the '..' entry to go up one directory. The path is displayed on the first line of the screen.

~In the gallery~
Start: Options, including Quit
Select: Return to the file browser
X/Y: Zoom in or out
D-pad: Pan (if the image is too large for the screen, including the zoom level making it too large for the screen)
A/B: Rotate clockwise or {counter-clockwise | anti-clockwise}
« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 10:49:50 pm by Nebuleon »

Beerman1138

Re: o2xiv, Open2x Image Viewer, port for GCW Zero
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 02:53:46 am »
Tried it out by loading some pictures from a digital camera on my GCW-Zero, works great!

Nebuleon

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 03:18:27 am »
Yeah, I guess that will be useful for viewing photos from cameras too. At least for those that use microSD cards or SD cards (and if you're using an adapted microSD card) and have bad batteries that don't last long while viewing pictures on their own screens, you can use your GCW Zero to watch them. Or any other reason.

In that case, the photos will be in a folder under /media/sdcard/DCIM.

Thanks for the feedback :)

Nebuleon

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2014, 03:42:33 am »
The font was previously an 80's arcade-style font that had unclear copyright, so I made a new one.

As a result of this font change, it is possible that o2xiv will soon be a preinstalled application on new GCW Zeroes, as well as in the repository, as soon as I write a manual to read on the GCW Zero.

The OPK in the OP is updated. Stay tuned!

TimeDevouncer

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2014, 08:25:06 am »
Thanks Nebuleon ;). Good app.
Look behind you! A three-headed monkey!

Nebuleon

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2014, 09:44:58 am »
I just noticed and fixed a mistake: There should have been checkboxes to show the current state of the auto-whatever options in the menu, but they were showing up exactly like regular ASCII spaces.

A new OPK is in the OP and restores this checkbox:
commit 85a8b3f: font.c: Restore dingbats lost in commit 410ed5b.

Thanks to zear for reporting this bug :)

Nebuleon

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2014, 09:09:21 pm »
o2xiv is now part of the GCW Zero firmware as of 2014-04-27, please back up your data and check out the firmware update: http://www.gcw-zero.com/updates

If you have the OPK on your GCW Zero, you will see two o2xiv icons in the Applications menu, one called o2xiv and one called Image Viewer. You can safely delete o2xiv.opk; the icon called Image Viewer will stay.

In it, hidden files and directories, also known as "Unix dot-files", are hidden by default. You can show them with the Show hidden option if you need to enter a directory starting with a dot.

finalmix

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2014, 04:12:47 am »
nice app, thanks for that.

GhostWarrior

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2014, 09:46:31 pm »
There seems to be a bug with how o2xiv detects the original resolution of high resolution images.  If I have an image that's 3000x2000, it will be detected as having an original resolution of 1500x1000, which means that the zoom levels are only 50% what they should be.  At 100% zoom it's actually only at 50% of the original image size.  Lower resolution images are displayed correctly.

Nebuleon

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2014, 10:57:00 pm »
There seems to be a bug with how o2xiv detects the original resolution of high resolution images.  If I have an image that's 3000x2000, it will be detected as having an original resolution of 1500x1000, which means that the zoom levels are only 50% what they should be.  At 100% zoom it's actually only at 50% of the original image size.  Lower resolution images are displayed correctly.
That's not a bug, it's a memory usage limiter. It prevents a denial of service by memory exhaustion (which would freeze the Zero) via loading an unreasonably large image.

Post a new topic