Author Topic: Shadow Warrior + Sound BETA  (Read 10023 times)

CongoZombie (OP)

• * Former Staff
  • C
Shadow Warrior + Sound BETA
« on: January 18, 2010, 01:16:54 AM »
Hi,

I have been working on porting the most recent version of JFShadowWarrior from SVN to the Dingoo. I am away for a few days, so will be unable to create a new build until the end of the week, but people have been asking me to release the current build, so here it is.

http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/dingoo.cgi?0,0,0,0,3,251

-Sound works (yay!)

-I haven't disabled the mouse cursor yet, so it is still in the corner of the screen

-I'm not sure it is reading config files right (you have to remap the keys the first time that you play it)

- I have received reports from people that it sometimes crashes when loading levels. If this happens to you, let me know here which level, and which kernel and rootfs you are using.

I will release the source in a couple of days when I get back and will try and fix as many of the bugs as I can. I plan on implementing a similar control scheme to CZDoom to make it more playable on the Dingoo, as well as build a GP2X version.

GCM

Re: Shadow Warrior + Sound BETA
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 05:41:02 AM »
Sweet, looking forward to the final, Lo Wang is so much cooler than Duke Nukem

santino

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 05:33:32 PM »
Very good work, although it segfaults at the intro for me... :P
Im using Eltas RootFS 20091208 and RTC kernel ver 091224. I hear the Lo Wang Sound see the intro and then it segfaults...

terminal output:
Code: [Select]
failure setting videomode 320x240x8 fullscreen! Attempting safer mode... Setting video mode 320x240 (8-bpp windowed)
SDL_audiodrivername: dsp
segmentation fault

zear

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 06:14:36 PM »
Be sure you use the FULL VERSION data files. The demo data doesn't work with this game build.

santino

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2010, 07:32:41 PM »
Yes, now its working.:)
And its working great! Mirrors now look correctly, too. Old port had hard problems with them.

spn-x

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2010, 08:00:31 PM »
how do I install ? 

Just the game file + the app in one folder ?
My Dingoo : Dingux // dmenu 0.3 ; gmenu2x // Native : FW 1.2
                    Joystick Mod

santino

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2010, 08:02:06 PM »
Yes or you can just replace the "sw" file of any local pack.

seam

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2010, 03:01:01 AM »
hey congozombie. as far as the crashing goes, the last release crashed just as often as this one. nothing new there in my opinion.
and as for the config files. ive found that it saves the config files and save files in the "local\home\.jfsw" folder.
so if you were to edit that config file it would change the controls ingame, which is what i had to do to get the keys just right. if that helps anyone...

side note: also shadow warrior originally had 2 addons. ive gotten the second addon to work(wanton destruction),
but the first addon(twin dragon) is a .zip file and not a .grp. im going to see if theres a way to convert it to get it to work as well.

also is there anyway to allow cheats in this game? like if you hold start+select and hit up it turns on all weapons+items, or hit down
to enable invincibility. the doom2 port on psp had an option like that. not even a big deal at all, but would be kinda cool. anyway, thanks again for the sound. :)

seam

bkc_a320

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2010, 09:21:40 AM »
nice work! :D

-I haven't disabled the mouse cursor yet, so it is still in the corner of the screen

I don't know which library Shadow Warrior for dingux using.

but if SDL,
SDL_ShowCursor(SDL_DISABLE);
should be worked.

fuzzi23

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2010, 07:51:02 PM »
Great job, Zombie!

I use the same kernal and rootfs as santino, and it works great.

santino

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2010, 10:01:02 PM »
Any news? Episode 2 level 2 hangs everytime I start it. I think its because of the background sfx. ;)

zear

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2010, 10:13:01 PM »
Any news? Episode 2 level 2 hangs everytime I start it. I think its because of the background sfx. ;)
Episode 1 level 4 as well.
IMO it's because the game runs out of ram.
When I trace the ram usage via telnet, in the moment the game (and the whole system) freezes, dingux is almost out of ram.

santino

« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2010, 07:35:26 AM »
I will try it running SW directly without any menu. If thats solves its the ram.;)

zear

« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2010, 08:40:09 AM »
I will try it running SW directly without any menu. If thats solves its the ram.;)
Nope, that won't help.

santino

« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2010, 10:23:08 PM »
Yes, Ive tried it and it just hangs up again. But this port rocks at the dingoo. :)

Post a new topic