Author Topic: Rockbot 1.1.0  (Read 21344 times)

Drem

• Russian Android/Dingo/GCW/gaming gadgets blog
Re: Rockbot 1.0.0
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2014, 02:56:40 am »
No version for GCW Zero?

protomank (OP)

• Rockbot Game Engine
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2014, 03:03:32 am »
No version for GCW Zero?

Didn't even knew this one.
In theory, Rockbot can be ported to almost anything that have at least 16MB of RAM and have a SDK with SDL, being Linux/Open-Source, much easier.

There is only one problem: the developer (aka me) does not own every piece of hardware out there and I'm already doing two ports that I develop in the dark (Pandora and Wii). If anyone donate the console to me, I promise I'll work on it ;)

I know, for fact, that Rockbot can be ported to Machintosh (I had a port running in an old VM, I still have the VM, but its hard to use because my PC is old), iPhone (jailbroken), XBox, XBox-360, PS3 (jailbroken, mine isn't), Dreamcast... But doing so without being able to run the thing on the actual console, make is REALLY HARD to do so. I had a plan to buy a Mac and some other stuff, but I got fired and still didn't got a new job :-P
Rockbot Lead game designer.

Alien Grey

« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2014, 10:02:07 pm »
There you go. I replaced the C++ ifstream by old C fopen and C++ std::list for std::vector and changed some parts of the code to remove items from back instead of front... didn't tested the whole game (I am a bit tired, sorry) but it should be OK now.

Get it form http://rockbot.upperland.net/

Sorry for this issue, I'll keep my black A-320 with the old Dingux to avoid getting into this again.

I can confirm that it's working without issues on my Dingoo A-380 with these fixes.  :)

Thanks a lot protomank.
Dingoo A-380 CFW V2.11.09 "RetroDD" - 2 x SanDisk SDHC 32GB Class 10 MicroSD Inside - 2 x Dingoo F-16 Wireless Game Controller

protomank (OP)

• Rockbot Game Engine
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2014, 11:01:41 pm »
I can confirm that it's working without issues on my Dingoo A-380 with these fixes.  :)

Thanks a lot protomank.

\o/
You are most welcome, it was all my fault actually, so no need to thanks. Seems like OpenDigunx fixes a LOT of issues in Dingux, but it is not a good option to develop to, because other versions will simple break. I'm very happy it now runs again on A-380, but I remember you said before, something like the the screen size is wrong? Maybe now I can fix other minor issues, so, please report any improvements you guys can think of ;)

Alien Grey

« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2014, 12:38:07 am »
The screen issue has been fixed in the Dingoo A-380 CFW kernel but I think that it's still an issue for the Dingoo A-380 (with factory kernel), Dingoo A-320e and Ritmix RZX-50 (with factory kernel).

The problem is that on a larger screen (400 x 240 pixels / 480 x 272 pixels) the image gets placed in the top left corner and not centered on the screen like it should be.

I also posted a message on the Dingoo A-380 forum to let everyone know that it now works on the Dingoo A-380.
Dingoo A-380 CFW V2.11.09 "RetroDD" - 2 x SanDisk SDHC 32GB Class 10 MicroSD Inside - 2 x Dingoo F-16 Wireless Game Controller

protomank (OP)

• Rockbot Game Engine
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2014, 01:30:41 pm »
Hum, it is an easy thing to fix IF there is a environment variable telling witch are the Dingoo model, so I can init the video depending on that.
Can you try executing "export -p" in the terminal and checking if any of the variables indicate the Dingoo model? Otherwise I would have to make a different build or change the code to check available resolutions (that can be tricky).

Alien Grey

« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2014, 03:20:41 pm »
I think that you can find the answer that you're looking for in the source code on GitHub.

Have a look at one of the -rzx50 source codes from d_smagin: https://github.com/dmitrysmagin?tab=repositories

Fluxchar

« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2014, 06:49:30 pm »
Ok experienced another bug in a320. Beat the first boss no problem. When I selected dynamite to beat him I make it thru the whole level. However the boss holds up something after dashing at me then the screen flashes and I can't move for a short time and the boss just owns me. He keeps doing the same thing over and over. So I died like 3 times I get spawned in the little pre boss room. However when I respawned i respawned in the wall!!! Then I couldn't move and I had to reset game. Are these 2 different bugs? Let me know as I'm really enjoying this game.

Edit also played seahorse boss. Game crashed halfway through. 
Edit #2 also crashes on 2nd level of monkey level
« Last Edit: March 20, 2014, 10:45:11 pm by Fluxchar »

MightyJAK

• My tumblr
« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2014, 03:42:18 am »
This is a great game! I have a suggestion, maybe move the health meter a few pixels to the right. When using AV-out on an old analog TV, the sides of the screen are cut off and you lose this bit of information. See the attachement 1DSC00042.JPG .

I'd also like to request a port for the GCW Zero. I tried he current version, there are a few errors with the text placement in the opening. After selecting a character the game gets stuck with your character looping the "warping in" animation in the upper left, and the controls become unresponsive, have to kill the process to get back to gmenu. Sorry I'm not a programmer so I can't offer any tips other than pointing you to the toolchain ( http://www.gcw-zero.com/develop ) and letting you know you'd have to make the game write its config and save files to $HOME/.appname if you want to package it as an .opk, as the format is read-only.
My machines:
GBC,GBA,GBA SP,NDS,NGPC,Panasonic FZ-10 3DO,NES,Sega Nomad,Sega CDX w/Power Base Converter,PS1,PS2,PS3,Saturn,Dreamcast,PC (Win 98, XP, 7),Dingoo A320,Dingoo A330,Gemei A330,LetCool N350JP,PAP-GAMETA,GCW-Zero SE,Kyocera Rise,2DS,GP2X-F100,GPD G7,JXD 100,JXD A1000,JXD A3300,JXD F3000,JXD V5000,JXD S7300B,Hyperkin SupaBoy

Currently playing: Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call (2DS)

protomank (OP)

• Rockbot Game Engine
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2014, 01:43:38 pm »
Ok experienced another bug in a320. Beat the first boss no problem. When I selected dynamite to beat him I make it thru the whole level. However the boss holds up something after dashing at me then the screen flashes and I can't move for a short time and the boss just owns me. He keeps doing the same thing over and over. So I died like 3 times I get spawned in the little pre boss room. However when I respawned i respawned in the wall!!! Then I couldn't move and I had to reset game. Are these 2 different bugs? Let me know as I'm really enjoying this game.

Edit also played seahorse boss. Game crashed halfway through. 
Edit #2 also crashes on 2nd level of monkey level

- What is your model, A320?

- Are you using old Dingux or OpenDingux? I did not tested the whole game in old-Dingux yet, so maybe there are crashes (I'm a bit out of time, looking for a new job as I'm currently unemployed, so lots of things to do right now, sorry).

- The part about Dynamite owning you is not a but, yes, he have a stop-time power that freezes you, and if you don't have the right weapon, it is very hard to beat.

- About the part you return inside the wall,, you said you died 3 times, so the first ones you were returning to the right place and only the last time went inside the wall, or you did play through the whole level 3 times?

- I'll test the Ape and Seahorse stages. The game just died and closed or did freeze the Dingux? If first option, can you reproduce it and check the contents of the stdout.txt file inside Rockbot folder, if the file exists?

protomank (OP)

• Rockbot Game Engine
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2014, 01:47:57 pm »
This is a great game! I have a suggestion, maybe move the health meter a few pixels to the right. When using AV-out on an old analog TV, the sides of the screen are cut off and you lose this bit of information. See the attachement 1DSC00042.JPG .

The bar is in this position because, in the future, it will have two players, meaning 4 bars on the left... so space is precious.

I'd also like to request a port for the GCW Zero. I tried he current version, there are a few errors with the text placement in the opening. After selecting a character the game gets stuck with your character looping the "warping in" animation in the upper left, and the controls become unresponsive, have to kill the process to get back to gmenu. Sorry I'm not a programmer so I can't offer any tips other than pointing you to the toolchain ( http://www.gcw-zero.com/develop ) and letting you know you'd have to make the game write its config and save files to $HOME/.appname if you want to package it as an .opk, as the format is read-only.

I won't, personally, make any other ports to systems I do not own. It is VERY HARD to mess with something you can't see. I already have ports for Wii and OpenPandora and I haven't the faintest idea how those run, if buttons and speed are right, etc. After/when I find a new job, I could look to buy some hardware, but right now, as I said previously: no paid job, no dice :-P

That said, porting the code is piece of cake and I can help pointing how to build and add changes to support the new system, if anybody wants to do the job (originally, Pandora por, for example, way done by sigma-nl).

Fluxchar

« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2014, 02:45:27 pm »

I don't know what version of dingux I'm using. How can I find out? I think it's old but truly don't know. Does that depend on the local I put on my dingoo? Or is it the flash? And yes I spawned fine for 3 times then the 4 time I warped down and got stuck in a wall. Happened twice. The game doesn't freeE but I can't move so I force quit.

Edit ok I think I using open dingux. Tell me if I'm right, I used an installer and I had to change my LCD 9331 to zimage and I also have the rooftz or whatever it's called. I also have dual boot. Does that help you?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 02:51:09 pm by Fluxchar »

protomank (OP)

• Rockbot Game Engine
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2014, 03:07:17 pm »
Normally, Old Dingux:

OpenDingux:

I found a crash during Seahorse, but only when facing the boss, the stage finished OK.
Will test Dynamite's to check the teleport inside wall problem later.

Fluxchar

« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2014, 03:08:40 pm »
OHHHH ya I'm using old dingux. Hey maybe that's why some of my other games crash also? How do I get open dingux on?

protomank (OP)

• Rockbot Game Engine

Post a new topic
Post a new topic