Hi, this is a port of "NesterDC for SDL" (which is part of a port of Nester for the Sega Dreamcast).
Yes, another NES emulator for OpenDingux, but I think this one is the best (all credits to Nester and NesterDC developers).
EDIT: Maybe it's not the best in all aspects
, I found some games with problems (Battletoads & Double Dragons doesn't work, for example), but give it a try!
- Based on NesterDC 7.1
- Almost fullspeed without frameskip at 336Mhz
- Really good sound at 44100Mhz
- Save/Load states
- SRAM support
- Support for a LOT of mappers (~130)
- Added support for .zip files
- Added a pretty simple GUI with some options
- Added Fullscreen mode with good speed
- Fixed zapper, now it's supported
- FDS tested, it works, but read the notes below
For FDS games:
- You need disksys.rom file in the same folder as nester.od, it's not included. The roms must have the FDS header, "*NINTENDO-HVC*" header won't work (if the header is wrong you'll see a message in the Log Viewer of OD).
- When the game asks for another disk, press R and change the Disk number in the "Disk N°" option, then press B to return to game and wait. Disk A is N°0, Disk B is N°1, etc.
- I'm not sure how does the FDS works with SRAM (I tried Castlevania and my character is gone after a reboot), but Save States seem to work.
For Zapper games:
- Load the game and press Power+B to switch to mouse mode. You won't see the mouse pointer, you'll see a little white square.
- You can enter the GUI while on mouse mode, but you have to disable it (press Power+B again) to move through the options.
- Tested on OpenDingux first end-user release, but maybe it works in older versions.
Plans for the next release:
- Optimizations (if possible)
- Save/load current settings
- Try to fix some games (like Battletoads & Double Dragon), but I'm not even sure if that's possible.
- Try to add new mappers
D-Pad, A, B, Select and Start - NES controller
D-Pad (mouse mode) - Aim Zapper
A, B (mouse mode) - Shoot Zapper
Y - Save State
X - Load State
Hold - Pause nester (Hold again to resume)
R - Open GUI
(add a link to nester.od on GMenu2X and use the "selector browser" option)0.2 Source
(put nester.od wherever you want, add a link on GMenu2X and use the "selector browser" option)0.1 Source