Author Topic: gmenu2x for dingux !  (Read 105451 times)

Qahwi

Re: gmenu2x for dingux !
« Reply #200 on: April 14, 2010, 09:14:03 pm »
just dumps some shit

very descriptive there, what exactly does it say?

Lots of

Skinconf: xxxxxxxx

And at the end: segmentation fault

rutjoni

« Reply #201 on: April 16, 2010, 11:05:04 am »
hello, how I can change the name, and configuration settings without, lose the applications, explorer. ect? thanks

Orion4874

« Reply #202 on: April 29, 2010, 03:01:10 am »
Can someone upload the reboot script? The link  to it on the first page doesn't work anymore.

kswildside

« Reply #203 on: April 29, 2010, 03:25:20 am »
I just wish the Gmenu would work like Dmenu with up and down search

allows for bigger name with games and emulators as there are like 9 icons on desktop at a time

I love it in every other way was great work by JoyRider

NeverMore

« Reply #204 on: May 29, 2010, 11:59:31 am »
I like Gmenu2X so much!And I want more other ones enjoy it.I'm from China,Gmenu only support English German,and French...but no CHinese.No problem for me but others may need it support Chinese.So I try to make it true .I'v write a translation file for Chinese but doesn't work,like the Gmenu's UTF-8's problem?Someone can help me? Thx very very nuchhhhhh!Let Gmenu2X more popular in China!

Frank_fjs

• My simple Dingoo web site
« Reply #205 on: June 02, 2010, 07:33:25 pm »
I just wish the Gmenu would work like Dmenu with up and down search

allows for bigger name with games and emulators as there are like 9 icons on desktop at a time

I love it in every other way was great work by JoyRider

Totally agree. I like the simplicity of that style of menu, which is why I love the native firmware menu. Is there a Gmenu theme that mimics the native firmware theme, like the Dmenu one?

santino

« Reply #206 on: June 02, 2010, 08:00:13 pm »
No, but you can still use dmenu if you like it more. ;)

ReiketsuNariseba

« Reply #207 on: September 09, 2010, 05:17:24 pm »
just dumps some shit

very descriptive there, what exactly does it say?

Lots of

And at the end: segmentation fault

I'm getting the same error, the last skinconf line is something about "bottombar" and I guess about its color. I tried modifying gmenu configs, didn't help. I formatted my SD and did a clean install consisting of the latest Local Pack (0.36), zImage and rootfs, but the same segmentation fault still showed up when booting. Should I be making some kind of link files in the root directory, someone somewhere was talking about something like that, but I didn't see any explicit guidelines of what I should be doing.

I tried to download dmenu and change it to default, and it started fine, I guess, but I'd still like to use gmenu, so any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: Never mind, I deleted rootfs and zImage files I had, along with the gmenu2x.conf and replaced the first two with (I guess) more recent versions, and the thing is working like a charm. I obviously still need some getting used to this device.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 05:25:17 pm by ReiketsuNariseba »

javum

« Reply #208 on: December 25, 2010, 08:10:35 am »
Is there a method to disable output to console like:
Code: [Select]
Gmenu2x Starting:  If you see this error in the log messages, check http://gmenu2x.sourceforge.net/page/Troubleshooting for a solution
and a lot of
After each start of apps.
These strings scrolls the useful output away of screen  >:(

pcercuei

• My devblog
« Reply #209 on: December 27, 2010, 04:14:09 pm »
Yes it's possible, you will have to manually modify local/sbin/main. On the line that executes gmenu2x (probably something like "./gmenu2x") just put a redirection like this:
Code: [Select]
./gmenu2x > /dev/null 2>&1It will suppress all the output from gmenu2x.

javum

« Reply #210 on: December 30, 2010, 04:47:39 am »
Thanks!!!  ;D

gorneman

« Reply #211 on: February 01, 2011, 02:12:01 pm »
Someone can post gmenu2x 0.11. Thanks

TehKanden75

« Reply #212 on: March 01, 2011, 12:22:37 am »
Hi,

I've downloaded Gmenu2X and installed correctly (As far as I know), but whenever I boot up Dingux, I get the following error:

/usr/local/sbin/main: line 9: ./readv01: Not Found
/usr/local/sbin/main: Line 13: /usr/local/gmenu2x: Permission Denied
/usr/local/sbin/main: line 14: ./gmenu2x: Not Found

I've searched through all of the pages and cannot find a fix. Help would be appreciated  :)

**EDIT**
Nevermind, I've got it installed perfectly :D. So far it's great (A lot better than Dmenu). Thanks for porting this.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 12:46:19 am by TehKanden75 »

wy_scorpio

« Reply #213 on: August 29, 2011, 05:45:36 am »
will gmenu2x support chinese fonts?thanks

77fordtruckman

« Reply #214 on: January 03, 2012, 04:37:59 pm »
The link for the main script is dead...

Beefeater

« Reply #215 on: January 27, 2012, 12:39:13 pm »
The link for the main script is dead...

Trilbymonkey uploaded a most useful repack of the Gmenu2X + main script here: http://www.mediafire.com/?xytju0glzze :)

hi-ban

« Reply #216 on: November 15, 2012, 12:06:00 pm »
Sorry for the necropost, but now that Opendingux is already released, and also the GCW Zero (which also uses Opendingux) is on the way, i think it would be a good idea to port the latest version of Gmenu2x to Opendingux.

https://github.com/mtorromeo/gmenu2x

zear

« Reply #217 on: November 16, 2012, 12:21:15 am »
No need, the OpenDingux fork is newer and fixes tons of bugs present in the mainline, as well as adds some A320/GCW0 features, like .opk package format support.

hi-ban

« Reply #218 on: November 16, 2012, 01:51:03 am »
That's good!

With old gmenu2x versions, it was not possible to assign a png picture for the "section highlight", although it was possible to assign a png pic for the "normal highlight". Do you know if it's planned to add that? It would make gmenu2x themes more nice...

hi-ban

« Reply #219 on: November 18, 2012, 01:16:52 pm »
There is another issue with the upper section bar:

- Gmenu2x always count as if they are three columns. If you cycle through sections, using the L button, it works ok, but if you cycle using the R button, the selection is always stopped in the third column and then it starts scrolling, so if you have 5 columns in your screen and you select the last section, you will see two empty sections to the right. If you have 4 columns, you will see one empty section.

Could i have a link to the OpenDingux gmenu2x sourcecode? i would like to experiment with it.

Thanks.

Post a new topic