Author Topic: fheroes2 release #1  (Read 16218 times)

mrkingoo

Re: fheroes2 release #1
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2010, 07:42:48 pm »
Played a bit now and it runs and plays pretty darn good :) Good old Heroes 2 on the Dingoo! But it tends to gt very sluggish after a while, quitting and reloading the game gets it back to normal speed. Memory issue? The transfer units and equipment between heroes (the red arrows icon) doesnt seem to work. Also how do you check the approximate number of enemy monsters?

zear (OP)

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2010, 08:11:10 pm »
Played a bit now and it runs and plays pretty darn good :) Good old Heroes 2 on the Dingoo! But it tends to gt very sluggish after a while, quitting and reloading the game gets it back to normal speed. Memory issue? The transfer units and equipment between heroes (the red arrows icon) doesnt seem to work. Also how do you check the approximate number of enemy monsters?
Go to the settings (in the main menu) and enable the "pocketpc: low memory" option. The memory issues should be gone.

mrkingoo

« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2010, 08:53:22 pm »
Ok thanks :)

edit: confirmed the pocketpc low memory option seems to get rid of the slowdowns
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 08:53:03 am by mrkingoo »

samir

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2010, 12:37:25 am »
Millones de gracias!! Excelente trabajo! parece un sueño hecho realidad  :D tenía dudas acerca de comprarme o no una dingoo, pero con el heroes esas dudas se fueron, el dingoo es mi proxima compra! La dingoo es increíble.

akelio

« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2010, 02:58:22 pm »
I cannot make success on runing fheroes, getting Segmenation fault :(

eule

• * Former Staff
  • e
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2010, 03:29:31 pm »
Maybe you forgot to copy the heroes of might and magic 2 files?  ???

L[one]R

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2010, 09:21:58 pm »
Great port. I really didn't see a port of Heroes 2 coming, so it's a very nice surprise. :D

Only big downside right now is scrolling around the map. I don't think improving mouse emulation will fix that. For easier scrolling hotkeys should be used (A + Dpad, for example?).
In addition to that I'd also loke to suggest a "mouse wrap" feature (or whatever you want to call it). For example, if a mouse goes off the right edge of the screen, it'll appear at the left edge of the screen. Sometimes it's faster this way than scrolling the mouse across the whole screen to the other side.

Also, any chance of seeing a working campaign mode anytime soon?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 09:27:34 pm by L[one]R »

zear (OP)

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2010, 09:55:50 pm »
Great port. I really didn't see a port of Heroes 2 coming, so it's a very nice surprise. :D

Only big downside right now is scrolling around the map. I don't think improving mouse emulation will fix that. For easier scrolling hotkeys should be used (A + Dpad, for example?).
It is being worked on. So far there's one bug that prevents from nice scrolling with R+D-PAD combo. You can ask on our irc channel for a test binary :)
In addition to that I'd also loke to suggest a "mouse wrap" feature (or whatever you want to call it). For example, if a mouse goes off the right edge of the screen, it'll appear at the left edge of the screen. Sometimes it's faster this way than scrolling the mouse across the whole screen to the other side.
I'll test this and see if it's any good.
Also, any chance of seeing a working campaign mode anytime soon?
No idea, ask the original fheroes2 authors :)

ctrl_shift_esc

« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2010, 11:05:47 pm »
You be super kool. Bedankt!

pippo9

« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2010, 02:45:42 pm »
Hi, I´ve put data/.AGG files in data folder and .mp2 maps in to maps folder. But I can´t get it to work. It just shows some carbage on screen and won´t start?

I´ve taken the files from Heroes II gold. Can anybody give me some helping hand?  

Edit. It seems to run okay on my pc but won´t start on my dingoo. I think I have the correct rootfs( came with Gmenu2x Nuke 0.1)

EDIT2. Problem solved. Problem >> I´m a complete idiot.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 03:58:16 pm by pippo9 »

mrkingoo

« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2010, 04:42:55 pm »
EDIT2. Problem solved. Problem >> I´m a complete idiot.

He he I know the feeling. Welcome to the forum :)

« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2010, 12:37:10 pm »
Hey there!   :)
Sensational port! This is my favorite game of all times, I have been addicted to it for years, never expected to play it on Dingoo... Come to think of it, am not sure if praise you or curse your name  ;)
Certainly, the mouse would be the major issue to fix, as is quite annoying in the general map and often an impediment during battle (doesn't read the diagonals quite well in the bottom of the screen, making some attacks impossible...)
While at it, is possible to change or double assign values to some keys in combat to agilize it? "skip" and "spell" would be appreciated... I don't know if this is possible, seem the trick done in another port pushing a button while holding another, much like the shift function...

Anyway, so far is a great work! I hope you continue working on it  :D
Many thanks and one free internet to you.-

zear (OP)

« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2010, 12:46:09 pm »
Thanks for the feedback :D
Making button combos would require redesigning the whole input code of fhereos, which I'd rather not do ;)
I'm waiting for the original authors to fix the mouse emulation, and once it's done I'll release a new version, which will also feature bindable buttons through the config file, so you should be able to remap them the way you like.

mrkingoo

« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2010, 03:49:13 pm »
Good to hear zear. Looking forward to next release :)

Rosenkranz

« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2011, 10:09:10 pm »
Would there be any new ports for fheroes2? There were no new posts in 5 months on this subject. I have noticed there are new ports on android with source file 20101215. Is there maybe a plan for dingoo too? ???