Author Topic: Some megadrive ROMS not recognised!  (Read 1721 times)

industrious_bug (OP)

Some megadrive ROMS not recognised!
« on: October 23, 2014, 12:32:08 am »
Hey all, just got a A330 (dingux preinstalled) and it only recognises .SMD but some of my favourite games I've downloaded are .BIN and .GEN

Can I get them to work somehow?

industrious_bug (OP)

Re: Some megadrive ROMS not recognised!
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2014, 12:16:51 pm »
Hello there lad, it seems as though you haven't enabled DINGUX by holding SELECT when you power on your unit. Thus you will be able to use PICODRIVE which accepts all those ROMS, you young whadjacallit idiot.

My problem is now that when using DINGUX I cant alter the volume as I can in native OS........

industrious_bug (OP)

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2014, 04:55:35 pm »
Volume?? Easy, just use your four prehensile fingers to simultaneously push up on the volume and the dPAD at the same time.

But the real problem is SNES 9X4D it wont let me choose a ROM I just get a black screen with Press B and SELECT to access menu, the menu is no help theres no option to load a ROM, it seems like an in-game menu but theres no game....

industrious_bug (OP)

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 07:14:08 pm »
AH ha, I just had to press Y on SNES9X4D and enable browser selector and specify the correct directory.....
Awesome now a decade of quality gaming is at my disposal night or day, no matter my location.....awesome.

industrious_bug (OP)

Re: Some megadrive ROMS not recognised! also tv out in dingux grrrr
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2014, 01:33:42 pm »
Tvout.dge killed my dingo (A330), seriously it was like watching a favoured child die, worse because I felt like I pushed him off a cliff.....

industrious_bug (OP)

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2014, 01:37:27 pm »
You some kind of NEWB? Tv out in native works fine. You didn't need to download a dodgy file just to run it in DINGUX.
The page where you download it even has a warning it says 'any A330 owners brave enough to try it please report back if it works' you should be more cautious with your precious dingoo.  >:(

industrious_bug (OP)

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2014, 10:25:10 pm »
Ha my DINGOO was not 'bricked' as I feared but has returned to life.....like Lazarus or perhaps more well known Jesus. Not that I'm comparing my dingo to JC, little dingo is far from perfect, I dare not use tv.out again (its bad for A330's). This means that I cannot play Strider on my TV unless I play it in crappy native......surely you can replace the crappy MD.SIM, with something far superior? ::)

Post a new topic