Author Topic: Optimist Puzzle Platformer  (Read 4076 times)

lekatdotnet (OP)

Optimist Puzzle Platformer
« on: April 19, 2015, 10:01:25 pm »
At the moment I'm making up the stages for my first game. It's a puzzle platformer with a very basic idea: the platforms vanish when you step on another color.
In Optimist you're playing an uppercase letter that has to make it's way through the maze that resolves to reckless platforms. So no pixel art, also I haven't had any proper thought on what the game should sound like though I could make some tunes in ableton live.

It's written in python 2.7 using pygame modules. I will be ready within two weeks I guess.

lekatdotnet (OP)

Re: Optimist Puzzle Platformer
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2015, 11:57:34 am »
this may take another two weeks because it took a little time to revise color substractions and game mechanics plus I'm integrating sounds at the moment.

lekatdotnet (OP)

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2015, 02:24:46 am »
I've uploaded a beta version of the short pygame (1.9.1) puzzle game to mediafire.
"w" toggles fullscreen
"q" quits
"a" "s" switches between stages

I hope it's working out on linux with the path finding and such. I got no machine set up to test it but in preface was planning it for the gcw zero.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/utxtiovvmct69tj/optimistpy.7z

zear

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2015, 05:51:19 pm »
I hope it's working out on linux with the path finding and such. I got no machine set up to test it but in preface was planning it for the gcw zero.
We have a GCW0 virtual machine just for people like you: http://www.gcw-zero.com/news.php?id=13

lekatdotnet (OP)

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2015, 01:55:39 pm »
Yes, I noticed. I'm gonna wrap it up pretty soon and maybe make another set of levels because the game's so short. Let me know if there's need for an editor.

lekatdotnet (OP)

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2015, 08:23:33 pm »
I've been busy advancing with my basic programming skills. Optimist will be updated with some proper code as soon as I fetch my soldering iron from my practice space to fix some cables on my GCW Zero. (My machine is too weak still for emulation).

Post a new topic