Author Topic: Neko Project II for Dingux  (Read 14330 times)

XiTaU

Re: Neko Project II for Dingux
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2010, 11:42:00 am »
would love to play some of the doujinshi shmups if the speed was a bit better
must get round to installing again on my new pc but not as fun as on the run

romarozhkov

• ローマロシュコフ
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2014, 12:01:52 am »
Cheers, everybody!
Just bought a Dingoo a320, installed Dingux and Neco Project 2.

Thanks to Slaanesh, now most games starts to run.
I found a batter solution is to choose Emulate>Configure>CPU 2.4576MHz X 1, and not higher. With this CPU game cutscenes and music runs faster.

But they are still non-playable :-(. Gameplay is a slideshow in action games (for example "Marble Cooking"). I have played with adjustments, but i cant run any game in real-time fps - all of them are so slow.

Please tell me, is there any posibility to enjoy PC 98 games on Dingoo a320, or not?

Thanks.

slaanesh (OP)

• Slaanesh Dev
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2014, 12:39:25 pm »
I may port NP2 to GCW Zero if there is any interest?

van denhawk

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2014, 01:02:58 pm »
Yes please do, I got my GCW Zero for emulation of old computers and I think many others would love a full speed PC98 emu. Someone ported this emu to the humble GP2X back in it's day and it ran pretty well at 266Mhz, so it should be full speed on the GCW? Emulation of old computers seems to be lagging behind arcades and consoles on the zero so this would be a very nice addition to the already good C64 and MSX emu's.

It might be worth starting the thread on the GCW Zero board
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 01:05:49 pm by vampire8bit »

romarozhkov

• ローマロシュコフ
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2014, 08:38:40 pm »
slaanesh, i have found there:

http://www.gp32x.com/board/index.php?/topic/52253-windows-on-a-dingoo-d/

I've say you can release a build of Neko Project 2 with +30% speed. I cant find that build, can you release it, please?

romarozhkov

• ローマロシュコフ
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2014, 03:26:56 pm »
I have found some explanation about bios:
http://fullmotionvideo.free.fr/pc98/articles/rairai-article/na.html
But maybe you've already seen this.
How can i help to this project? I've got a lot time and energy to do that. i'm not a programmer, but i want help anyway.
I have found some PC-98 interested russian guys, i can contact them and ask some info about this platform (i'm russian) if you need. Here's their sites:
http://retropc98.narod.ru/start.htm
http://pc98.narod.ru/
http://newsonya.narod.ru/pc9821/index.html
I hope they are competent.

van denhawk

Neko Project II for GCW Zero
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2014, 09:25:32 pm »

deleted

slaanesh (OP)

• Slaanesh Dev
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2014, 11:02:33 pm »
I'll see what I can do.

I'm currently working on another project - a later version of MAME for GCW0. Actually multiple later versions :)

What exactly are people running on their Dingoo's? OpenDingux these days? Or still just Dingux?

romarozhkov

• ローマロシュコフ
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2014, 10:24:43 am »
Thanks, Slaanesh!

Don't know about other people, but I'm using Dingux. Because i didn't really know difference between Dingux and OpenDingux. I guess OpenDingux gives some ability to develop tools and apps, but i cant use this features, i'm not a programmer :-(.

Good luck and PM me if i can be useful in any kind. I can draw and design ^_^. http://romarozhkov.tumblr.com/
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 10:29:00 am by romarozhkov »

cronot

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2014, 05:47:20 pm »
What exactly are people running on their Dingoo's? OpenDingux these days? Or still just Dingux?

After a long time postponing it, I've made the jump from Dingux to OpenDingux a couple weeks ago, and I'm very satisfied in general.  :) It took me some time though to make the jump because there were a few apps / games / emulators that either had specific versions for OD that I had to hunt and test, or others just didn't exist / work altogether. For now the benefits of OD more than make up for the stuff that's missing - OD feels much more rounded out as a system, to the point I only boot into native to copy stuff into the internal memory, even if some native emulators appears to be faster / better than on OD (e.g. MAME4All). I went ahead and also updated some of the emulators and games listings at the OD section on the wiki, so people that have yet to make the transition don't have to hunt around like I did; but there's still a lot of stuff to be done on the wiki. I've also ported the "Mono" theme so it now works on OD's gmenu2x.

Btw: any chance you can poke alekmaul so he can refresh his MAME4ALL OD build for Dingoo? From his github it seems he's been working mainly with the GCW, but I'd imagine since it's the same system, it wouldn't be a lot of work to get it working on OD for Dingoo...

« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 05:51:20 pm by cronot »

MightyJAK

• My tumblr
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2014, 06:23:23 pm »
Another happy OpenDingux user here. Although I still keep an SD card with legacy Dingux installed (for anything that doesn't play well with OD), and another one with Dmenu (just for lulz), I use OD the most. The deciding factor for me was TV-out. Despite all my fiddling, I could never get it to work on legacy Dingux, but with OD it just works "out of the box" so to speak. Playing games like Giana's Return on the TV from the sofa across the room with the F-16 wireless controller is great!
My machines:
GBC,GBA,GBA SP,NDS,NGPC,Panasonic FZ-10 3DO,NES,Sega Nomad,Sega CDX w/Power Base Converter,PS1,PS2,PS3,Saturn,Dreamcast,PC (Win 98, XP, 7),Dingoo A320,Dingoo A330,Gemei A330,LetCool N350JP,PAP-GAMETA,GCW-Zero SE,Kyocera Rise,2DS,GP2X-F100,GPD G7,JXD 100,JXD A1000,JXD A3300,JXD F3000,JXD V5000,JXD S7300B,Hyperkin SupaBoy

Currently playing: Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call (2DS)

slaanesh (OP)

• Slaanesh Dev
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2014, 11:52:45 pm »
I ported NP2 to Dingoo Native - seems to play alright!
Pretty happy with it. Still can't understand much Japanese so not sure how what most games are on about.

My previous instructions about getting games started hasn't changed and I managed to start and play "Steam Hearts" under Native. Seems to run at a playable speed even at 336Mhz. Should be a blast with some overclock.

romarozhkov

• ローマロシュコフ
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2014, 12:05:56 am »
Awesome! Thank you so much! I've believed you can do this! Can we try it, please!?)

van denhawk

« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2014, 05:31:39 am »
I ported NP2 to Dingoo Native - seems to play alright!
Pretty happy with it. Still can't understand much Japanese so not sure how what most games are on about.

My previous instructions about getting games started hasn't changed and I managed to start and play "Steam Hearts" under Native. Seems to run at a playable speed even at 336Mhz. Should be a blast with some overclock.

That is good to hear, I remember someone ported this emu to the good old GP2X and it ran very well so it should be as good as if not better on the Dingoo. What about the more powerful GCW Zero? Is that still going to get a port?

slaanesh (OP)

• Slaanesh Dev
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2014, 12:57:13 pm »
GCW-Zero version done. Testing. It's pretty fast.

Garudius... Yes that's Gradius on the PC-9801 plays nicely. So does Steam Hearts... Rude Breaker... Dungeon Master... really need a mouse for that one.... Should map the analogue stick to the mouse if that's possible.

Hmmm what to test? So many girly game on PC-98 but got little idea what's worth playing.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 03:16:33 pm by slaanesh »