Author Topic: issue with gba pokemon games with gpsp & native emulators  (Read 6693 times)

rmkbow (OP)

issue with gba pokemon games with gpsp & native emulators
« on: August 09, 2010, 08:47:16 pm »
Does anyone know how to get fire red working properly? In both the native gba emulator and gpsp, fire red will give an an "The 1m sub-circuit is not installed" error after the intro screen. It's apparently due to the save size 128KB. The game_config.txt file already has the entry filled

Also, pokemon emerald gives a white screen while attempting to load the rom. I've attempted to clock fix it with gbata but it didn't fix the white screen.

Skyline969

Re: issue with gba pokemon games with gpsp & native emulators
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 09:45:54 pm »
You got further with Fire Red than I did on native firmware then. Both of them give me a white screen upon loading the ROM.

rmkbow (OP)

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 11:33:18 pm »
I was having white screen for red fire too but I used a different file source and it "worked"

madhatter

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 02:43:26 am »
i don't know what problems y'all are talking about. i play leaf green on the native os and have gotten past lavender town before installing dingux and forgetting about it. where did you get your roms from because mine play fine

rmkbow (OP)

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010, 09:03:51 am »
i don't know what problems y'all are talking about. i play leaf green on the native os and have gotten past lavender town before installing dingux and forgetting about it. where did you get your roms from because mine play fine

I got mine from a collection of roms.

I found more sources this evening. It seems like I have most of them working now except for fire red. Leaf green, sapphire, ruby, emerald load to the gender select screen.

madhatter

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2010, 01:00:31 pm »
is discussing where to get roms against the rules? could a mod let me know before i say where i got my working pokemon roms from

darfgarf

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2010, 02:04:32 pm »
is discussing where to get roms against the rules? could a mod let me know before i say where i got my working pokemon roms from
you're not allowed to post links, and discussing where (as in certain names that may or may not be sites) would be frowned upon, so it's best to take that knd of thing to some form of private messages or something like that

but of course everyone just backs up their game cartridges that they legitimately own, not downloading things they don't really own as that would be very naughty  ;D

eule

• * Former Staff
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2010, 02:37:31 pm »
I think the roms must be patched to use SRAM:
http://www.gameboy-advance.net/rom_tools/flash_advance_toolkit.htm

madhatter

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2010, 02:46:33 pm »
you're not allowed to post links, and discussing where (as in certain names that may or may not be sites) would be frowned upon, so it's best to take that knd of thing to some form of private messages or something like that

but of course everyone just backs up their game cartridges that they legitimately own, not downloading things they don't really own as that would be very naughty  ;D

of course.

and the patches i believe only need to be applied to ruby and sapphire; as fire red and leaf green dont have that problem. they should just work

rmkbow (OP)

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2010, 07:12:38 pm »
I managed to get fire red working also. I think just have to get good dumps or something.

Thanks everyone.