Author Topic: Wow, did I get screwed or what?  (Read 1087 times)

outsiderjohnson (OP)

Wow, did I get screwed or what?
« on: May 04, 2012, 03:15:12 pm »
So I was one of the original A380s who bought mine through a website that won't be named. The device ran like a turd, so I put it in a drawer and bought a Cannoo instead. So I thought about it the other day and thought, maybe I'll work on it and give it to a friend, so I went to turn it on, and it wouldn't turn on. So I thought, what the hell. I'll open it up and fiddle around with it.

So I've opened it up, and according to WHERE there should be a Micro SD card inside, I just have a chip.

Mine must be an absolute turd unit. Pretty pissed that I got screwed.

Alien Grey

Re: Wow, did I get screwed or what?
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 09:16:02 am »
You didn't get screwed. You've got one of the first batches with the MiniOS firmware. I think they switched from Nand to a MicroSD to let it run Dingux. The Dingoo A-380 and A-320e don't support running Dingux from Nand.

Source README-320e:

NOTICE: If you want to change the source, pls read the following first:

For the first batch of 320e board, because Ingenic JZ4755 donot support the nand (12bit ecc, 218bit OOB) under linux, so we need to put kernel&rootfs to TF card/MMC1, the boot step is: uboot(on nand) to boot minios/linux, minios img are on nand, linux img& rootfs are on tf card, pls do it yourself.

Maybe you can try to make it dual boot MiniOS and Dingux for the Dingoo A-320e.
Dingoo A-380 CFW V2.11.09 "RetroDD" - 2 x SanDisk SDHC 32GB Class 10 MicroSD Inside - 2 x Dingoo F-16 Wireless Game Controller

outsiderjohnson (OP)

Re: Wow, did I get screwed or what?
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 03:48:26 pm »
It's irrelevant at this point, the POS won't turn on.

Never been dropped, and has no reason not to, but it won't.

Post a new topic
Post a new topic