Author Topic: How to update the a320e and some clairty agianst the the a320  (Read 2311 times)

duey2k (OP)

Im looking for a little help, I find the most information about the a320e in the 380 section.

The firmware is listed but there are not instructions how to update the official firmware. I am not looking to install dingux. Just the official firmware update. Dingo Tech has not responded to me since I have received the device with w 1.x something firmware.

Looking for help. spent a week searching and reading, i only find guides for the old dingo a320 (the one with the minisd not the micro sd) or to install dingoo.

apeine

Re: How to update the a320e and some clairty agianst the the a320
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2012, 12:53:49 am »
Duey2k, I had the same idea, there is even a file for update, but no one seems to know how to use it. Aliengrey and Coccijoe, who know a lot about A320e, haven't got to a conclusion yet. So no update for us, yet.

Alien Grey

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2012, 06:56:43 am »
There's not much that I can say about the MiniOS firmware. I don't think that it's an updated version. I think that the MiniOS firmware is included so you can unbrick it when things goes wrong. Maybe Coccijoe knows more because I think that he already needed it.
Dingoo A-380 CFW V2.11.09 "RetroDD" - 2 x SanDisk SDHC 32GB Class 10 MicroSD Inside - 2 x Dingoo F-16 Wireless Game Controller

Coccijoe

• Underground Portables
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 11:04:12 am »
Yeah i don't difference between the defaut firmware and the one included in the archive (miniOS), but i have to admit that i didn't use it a lot on my A320e, i prefer to boot on dingux. I agree with alienGrey and  i think it's provided to unbrick the a320e when something wrong when you install the dualboot.

Anyway to try update miniOS, connect your dingoo in usbboot mode (Press start and connect you dingoo, screen is black but your dingoo is detected), then install the drivers like for dualboot. After that just use the burntool in the miniOS folder instead of the one from dingux folder.

duey2k (OP)

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2012, 04:15:48 pm »
thanks everyone for the help, a response is more than i got the dingo tech. from what you have told me i thing i can fumble through it. its been a while since i did this fro the old minisd a320's. if possible can we get alittle more of a guide..the best instructions for burning the image to the sd are still very vague.

the reason I really want to just update the official is so I don't have to keep a micro sd in the system. But it looks like i will really be running dingux.

Yeah i don't difference between the defaut firmware and the one included in the archive (miniOS), but i have to admit that i didn't use it a lot on my A320e, i prefer to boot on dingux. I agree with alienGrey and  i think it's provided to unbrick the a320e when something wrong when you install the dualboot.

Anyway to try update miniOS, connect your dingoo in usbboot mode (Press start and connect you dingoo, screen is black but your dingoo is detected), then install the drivers like for dualboot. After that just use the burntool in the miniOS folder instead of the one from dingux folder.

Coccijoe

• Underground Portables
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2012, 06:07:28 pm »
Yes but i don't have acces to windows for the moment and for a long time, so it's could be difficult for me to write something less vague. And english is not my native langage :/ I can try to explain you if you join irc freenode #dingoonity, i think it should be easier for me and for you too. I'll be there this evening i think

Post a new topic
Post a new topic