Author Topic: Dingoo A-380 Custom Firmware V2.11.09 "RetroDD"  (Read 174332 times)

Alien Grey (OP)

Re: Firmware V2.00.18 with NEO-GEO zip support
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2012, 10:40:54 pm »
I've added a download link for the Dingoo A380 emulators in the OP because the old one doesn't work anymore.

The download links for midpath also don't work anymore because I've removed the files from my Dropbox account. You can find the english version in the Dingoo A380 Emulators zip. Keep midpath in the root of your internal or external MicroSD or it won't run.
Dingoo A-380 CFW V2.11.09 "RetroDD" - 2 x SanDisk SDHC 32GB Class 10 MicroSD Inside - 2 x Dingoo F-16 Wireless Game Controller

danilop2k2

• d
  • !
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2012, 08:48:17 am »
how do i exactly upgrade ?
i'm on 2.0.016

tried copying the img to sd, auto update didný recognize it
then used diskimaged
destroyed my test sd card, still auoupdater is not updating

do i have to press reset or something?

Alien Grey (OP)

« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2012, 05:02:00 pm »
how do i exactly upgrade ?
i'm on 2.0.016

tried copying the img to sd, auto update didný recognize it
then used diskimaged
destroyed my test sd card, still auoupdater is not updating

do i have to press reset or something?

To update your Dingoo A380 you've got to overwrite your internal MicroSD with the firmware image. For Linux you should use DD in the terminal and for Windows you should use the Disk Image Writer.

I recommend to use a replacement MicroSD. A good quality MicroSD is a lot better than the default one and you always have a backup if you fail to write the firmware image to the MicroSD.
Dingoo A-380 CFW V2.11.09 "RetroDD" - 2 x SanDisk SDHC 32GB Class 10 MicroSD Inside - 2 x Dingoo F-16 Wireless Game Controller

Alien Grey (OP)

Re: New Firmware V2.00.20 with NEO-GEO zip support
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2012, 04:38:03 pm »
Firmware V2.00.20 is available. The download link can be found in the OP. Let me know if it works.

I added FBA to the emulators list. There are a lot of games that you shouldn't put in the CPS1, CPS2 or NEO-GEO folder. Some of the arcade games made by Semicom, Raizing, Atlus ... etc run just fine on the Dingoo A380 and can now be put in the FBA folder.

There's support for zip and fba format. You should try them first as a zip without renaming them. If it works try to rename them. Some of them can be renamed and others can't because they probably use old drivers that can't handle long file names.

If it isn't possible to run them as a zip try to convert them to fba format.

Note: I added the complete gamelist as an attachment.

I spend a lot of time trying to run these ROMs and I now have more than 50 games that can be played on my Dingoo A380.  ;D

zipaway

« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2012, 12:28:53 am »
Great work Alien Grey! You have done it again  ;D

Im looking forward to any other updates you come up with, if you need any help just ask.

Also I recommend that you modify your first post to give step by step instructions on how to upgrade the a380 firmware. A lot of people are not very tech minded and it is very hard to come up with instructions on their own; I had a hard time. People are posting in the help sections of the forum and are not getting any help because a320 people overlook the post.

Here is an example:
http://boards.dingoonity.org/dingoo-help/a380-(and-indeed-any-dingoo)-virgin-needs-help-updating-firmware/

I have posted rough instructions to the link which you can then modify then place in your first post. Im not really sure if opening up the dingoo was neccesary but i did it so I included it in my instructions to the dude.  :P
Maybe you can include how to swap the micro sd for a better one like i did.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 02:59:49 am by zipaway »

Alien Grey (OP)

« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2012, 07:25:29 am »
Next thing I'm going to try is to add Nederlands (dutch language) to the firmware.

I'm going to add the instructions how to write the firmware image on a MicroSD.

Edit:

A question. To enable the wireless controller connection they called that "Handler" in the firmware. Is thit what it's supposed to be named or should it actually be called "Wireless" or "Controller" or something else? ???
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 07:38:24 am by Alien Grey »

zipaway

« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2012, 10:45:00 pm »
A question. To enable the wireless controller connection they called that "Handler" in the firmware. Is thit what it's supposed to be named or should it actually be called "Wireless" or "Controller" or something else?

Ya im not really sure either, maybe it should be called controller

zipaway

« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2012, 12:21:36 am »
Would it be possible for your next firmware update to correct the default GBA emulator key config.

Try playing F-Zero 2, or try scrolling through the bestiary in Castlevania Aria of sorrow and you will see that that the default L and R controls are in reverse positions.

L is supposed to be R
R is supposed to be L

Please fix lol, I know I can set them but I hate setting them back to the correct way after I set a380 to default settings
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 01:12:46 am by zipaway »

Alien Grey (OP)

« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2012, 09:08:42 am »
I think that this is an issue with the emulator. We don't have the source code for the emulators so it can't be fixed.

zipaway

« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2012, 03:47:45 pm »
I remember there was .ini files for each emulator that you could change default settings.
I would check now, but my Ubuntu is screwed up and wont start up anymore  ???

Alien Grey (OP)

« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2012, 09:20:14 pm »
That won't make a difference. When you load the default settings it's going to be reversed again.

Alien Grey (OP)

« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2012, 09:15:18 pm »
Adding a new language isn't possible but replacing a language is possible. I choose to replace Chinese with Nederlands (Dutch). This means that when you need the Chinese language you can't use the new custom firmwares anymore or you have to replace the language file yourself with the Chinese language file. If you don't know how to do it you can ask Dingoo Tech to do it and they can put the Chinese language back to the firmware and add the dutch language as a new language to their firmware.  ;D

I also enabled .sms support for the SEGA Game Gear emulator. There are a few games like Mickey Mouse - Castle Of Illusion that can only run in SEGA Master System compatibility mode or you can't play them. This is easy to fix. All you have to do is change the .gg to .sms to fix this issue.

I'm going to need someone to fix the Engrish in the firmware. I think that everyone already noticed that the english translation in the firmware is terrible and that this should be fixed in the firmware. You can find the English language file as an attachement to this post to fix the Engrish. I can replace it in the firmware so you don't have to look at the terrible translation.

I don't know if the other languages are also terrible translated, but if they are and you want it to be fixed, I can make the language file available so you can fix it. Give me the fixed version and I replace it in the firmware.

BrendanSmall

« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2012, 01:43:31 pm »
Ok, I'm 64gb'd w/.20 firmware :).  Why won't my emulators work?  This is a total newb question, and I hate it.  I've modded my 320, Gemei 330, and Caanoo...but this thing escapes me.  If the .dge files are in the linux partitions, where do I put the roms if I'm running a windows-based system? 

Alien Grey (OP)

« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2012, 01:59:11 pm »
You should put your emulators on the FAT32 partition. The dge files on the EXT3 partition are shortcuts to the emulators on the FAT32 partition. You can download them in the OP or copy them from your original Dingoo A380 MicroSD.

Put the emulator folder with the Dingoo A380 emulators on your internal MicroSD FAT32 partition. All the other folders with the open-source emulators should be put on the external MicroSD if you have one. 

Then press every emulator button to create the game folder and the emulator sub folders. Put your ROMs in the emulator folders.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 02:00:47 pm by Alien Grey »

BrendanSmall

« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2012, 03:32:19 pm »
Yeah, took me a minute but figured that one out by re-installing the original SD card and seeing what's up.  The 20 firmware doesn't have the 'emulator' folder in the FAT32 partition, but it has the others, which is what threw me off.  I just copied everything from the original FAT partition into the 'ALIEN_GREY' partition (29Gb of goodies :)) and it all fired up.  I got a copy of Stella to work too, the one Slaanesh modded for handheld use.  I put it in the EMUS folder and set up the rom directory address by altering the config file with Notepad++. 

Now...anyone have PRBoom/CZDoom working on this yet?  That's my drug of choice :).

Oh, I'm also installing dual-boot Ubuntu on my XP laptop tonight, so I can edit things properly.  I can't 'read' the linux partitions on the card, only on the firmware image, so I can't edit them.  I can edit stuff on the FAT32 partition though, obviously, but I need to learn more :).