Author Topic: Dingoo A-380 Custom Firmware V2.11.09 "RetroDD"  (Read 190580 times)

Alien Grey (OP)

Re: Firmware V2.00.18 with NEO-GEO zip support
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2012, 12:16:48 am »
Logo and name. See left corner on top of the webpage.
Dingoo A-380 CFW V2.11.09 "RetroDD" - 2 x SanDisk SDHC 32GB Class 10 MicroSD Inside - 2 x Dingoo F-16 Wireless Game Controller

Alien Grey (OP)

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2012, 10:47:45 pm »
Firmware V2.00.19 BETA 1 is available. You can find the download link in the OP.

New backgrounds and icons.

Discuss it in the Custom A380 Backgrounds! thread.
http://boards.dingoonity.org/dingoo-technology-a380/custom-a380-dingoonity-backgrounds!
Dingoo A-380 CFW V2.11.09 "RetroDD" - 2 x SanDisk SDHC 32GB Class 10 MicroSD Inside - 2 x Dingoo F-16 Wireless Game Controller

zipaway

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2012, 12:12:28 am »
It takes some time to have a firmware image ready to share so it probably won't be before next weekend.

Haha I thought it was ganna take a week  ;)
Good job though.

I have plans for a few other backgrounds/designs but It will probably be awhile though since im busy with exams the following weeks.

zipaway

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2012, 11:37:00 pm »
Alien, I want to get an 8gb micro sd, so will your img be okay since its only 4gb or do i need to get an 8gb img fom you, im really confused.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 11:45:34 pm by zipaway »

Alien Grey (OP)

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2012, 07:04:52 am »
Alien, I want to get an 8gb micro sd, so will your iso be okay since its only 4gb or do i need to get an 8gb iso fom you, im really confused.

Remove the FAT32 partition and make a new one with all the available free space.

For Linux use GParted and for Windows use Mini Tool Partition Wizard.

Download Mini Tool Partition Wizard: http://www.partitionwizard.com/free-partition-manager.html
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 07:13:48 am by Alien Grey »

zipaway

« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2012, 11:38:58 pm »
Omg im soo confused. Give me step by step instructions Alien.

What do you want me to remove the partition from, the micro sd or the img file?
I don't know how to open the img file with mini tool partition wizard. ( I dont think you can )
How do i make the img file 8gb?   ??? ???

And how do you extract the img file, I want to see what is inside the img file. Is it because im using windows and the img is linux or something? I tried using win rar and daemon tools to search the inside of img but it didnt work.

Should I install ubuntu? I would like to be able to modify files and systems.
And how do you open the code of emulators, do you use notepad++? I have some knowledge in programming to be able to modify things.

Im very sorry for asking all these dumb questions but im sick of being able to do nothing but create backgrounds.  :(
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 04:43:38 am by zipaway »

Alien Grey (OP)

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2012, 10:50:53 pm »
Use the Image Writer to write the img to your MicroSD.

After writing the img to your MicroSD, open Mini Tool Partition Wizard and remove the FAT32 partition that you see on the MicroSD. It's labeled ALIEN_GREY1. Make a new FAT32 partiton with Mini Tool Partition Wizard with all the available free space.

To have acces to the EXT partitions you need Linux. You can install Ubuntu as a dual boot with Windows 7.

I'm using Gnome-Commander in Ubuntu as root with Gedit to edit the files.

zipaway

« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2012, 05:09:19 am »
OK I got my new micro SD to work  :). But I still don't know how to edit the .dge emulator files. You said to install Gnome-Commander in Ubuntu as root with Gedit to edit the files, but what does that really mean? I tried getting Gnome-Commander but the installation read-me was weird and said to:

The simplest way to compile this package is:

1. `cd' to the directory containing the package's source code and type
     `./configure' to configure the package for your system................etc

Where do I type those things above, in the cmd?? But this ubuntu, where the heck do I type those?
And I tried downloading gedit but i found out you need gnome to use gedit but I don't know how to install gnome in the first place.
I looked around and found out you can get gnome 3 which is the new version, but why did you tell me to get gnome-commander?
Is it easier to install gnome 3?

Is there any other dge editors on ubuntu that don't require you to get gnome?

cypresstwist

« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2012, 08:40:03 am »
If you are using Ubuntu, Gedit is already installed. Hit Alt+F2 and type gksu gedit in the Run dialog, hit enter then use your password.
That will fire up Gedit with root rights so you can now select Open and search for the files you want to edit.
If you want to install gnome commander, go to Applications > Accessories > Terminal and type sudo apt-get install gnome-commander . Hit enter and type your password. The package will be installed and you will be able o find it somewehre in the Applications menu.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 08:42:00 am by cypresstwist »
Dingoo A380, 8GB MicroSD card inside

Alien Grey (OP)

« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2012, 10:31:17 am »
To install Gnome-Commander in Ubuntu.

Sytem -> Manage -> Synaptic Packetmanager. In the right corner you find search. Type Gnome-Commander.

You can't edit the .dge files with Gedit. You need a Hex-Editor to do that. I've tried to edit a few .dge files without succes.  ???

With Gedit you can edit the .ini, .cfg, .conf and .sh files.

The easiest way to do that is open a terminal and start Gnome-Commander as root.

Code: [Select]
sudo gnome-commander
Select a file in Gnome-Commander and right click on it. Than choose "open with" and search for Gedit.

zipaway

« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2012, 06:27:49 pm »
Thanks a lot guys, I now have a much better understanding of the dingoo a380 and its files and systems. I am now attempting to try and discover anything that will improve the system. I understand that we cannot modify the .dge emulators but maybe if we can acquire the source code of an emulator for the a320 we could simply modify the video outputs and initializations to our respective resolution and then compile the emulator into .dge or something. I am currently working on the snes9x emulator because in this topic there seemed to be some success.

http://boards.dingoonity.org/dingoo-technology-a380/dingoo-a380-hackingmoddingdinguxwhatever/

Nellib

« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2012, 08:06:58 pm »
So, I just installed new firmware. Unfortunately, while the Dingoo starts without a problem, it is no longer recognized by my PC. Any good ideas as to what might have happened?
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 08:16:53 pm by Nellib »

Nellib

« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2012, 09:32:07 pm »
Clarification: The Dingoo USB icon is shown, and then it turns off. Tried several computers. Memory card managed the way it is described in this post.- Tried with and without enlargment of FAT32 partition and reset is being done.

Alien Grey (OP)

« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2012, 01:54:10 pm »
Clarification: The Dingoo USB icon is shown, and then it turns off. Tried several computers. Memory card managed the way it is described in this post.- Tried with and without enlargment of FAT32 partition and reset is being done.

Try with your original MicroSD. If this fixes your issue than you should replace the other MicroSD. Maybe try a different brand.

zipaway

« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2012, 01:36:10 am »
I can't seem to get the NEO-GEO games to work. I downloaded a pack of neo geo games that are in zip format and put them on the dingoo but they don't work. Am I missing a file to get them to run?

I tried fba format then some of them worked, but I thought you fixed the NEO-GEO zip support???

Im using the emulators that came with my dingoo, is that why? ( because there was no emulators in your alien1 partition)

Wow im stupid, I didn't know you had to put the neogeo.zip file into the folder when it was staring right in front of me in your first post. :-*
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 02:12:35 am by zipaway »

Post a new topic