Author Topic: Dingoo A380 Hacking/Modding/Dingux/Whatever  (Read 5045 times)

outsiderjohnson (OP)

Dingoo A380 Hacking/Modding/Dingux/Whatever
« on: April 15, 2011, 04:50:11 pm »
So just for the hell of it, I downloaded Snes9x for the A320, and put it on the Dingoo and tried to run it. I renamed it snex9c.dge and placed it in plug-ins folder, and tried to run it in file browser but nothing happened.

I then renamed the original SNES emulator sfc_emu.dge to sfcold.dge2 and renamed SNEX9C to sfc_emu.dge and went into the menu system and tried to run a SNES game, the system locked up, but lo and behold I heard the music playing for the SNES game, but was still forced to look at the menu screen.

So A320 Apps APPEAR to work, they just need to be tweaked I'd suppose for the correct display.

Anyone else have any ideas or know how to do so?

Poligrafowicz

Re: Dingoo A380 Hacking/Modding/Dingux/Whatever
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 05:30:26 pm »
Anyone else have any ideas or know how to do so?

Take the source code, replace 320x240 in sdl video initialization with A380 resolution, compile and see if there are any differences. If you got questions, go ask folks at #dingoonity @ freenode.org, they will be happy to help you.

zipaway

Re: Dingoo A380 Hacking/Modding/Dingux/Whatever
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 01:35:38 am »
Take the source code, replace 320x240 in sdl video initialization with A380 resolution, compile and see if there are any differences. If you got questions, go ask folks at #dingoonity @ freenode.org, they will be happy to help you.

Can anyone confirm if this works? Maybe if snes9x works then snex9x4d would also work. I would attempt to try it but I have no idea where to start.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 06:24:33 pm by zipaway »