Other Portable Consoles > Dingoo Technology A380

Dingoo A380 can't boot Neo-Geo games

<< < (3/4) > >>

akze:
I guys first post here :)

I received my A-380 2 days ago  8)

On the official Dingoo Technology's site  ---> http://www.dingoo.hk/en_main.asp

In the /Service/Download there is a A380 Neogeo Conversion Tool (Win32) . Posted on 2012-01-10

Unzip, put your roms in the "roms" folder and launch "fbacache.bat". It will start to convert all roms in .fba format.

I've just tried it with "Metal Slug X" and it worked perfectly.

Enjoy  ;D

Alien Grey:

--- Quote from: akze on January 13, 2012, 05:56:10 AM ---I guys first post here :)

I received my A-380 2 days ago  8)

On the official Dingoo Technology's site  ---> http://www.dingoo.hk/en_main.asp

In the /Service/Download there is a A380 Neogeo Conversion Tool (Win32) . Posted on 2012-01-10

Unzip, put your roms in the "roms" folder and launch "fbacache.bat". It will start to convert all roms in .fba format.

I've just tried it with "Metal Slug X" and it worked perfectly.

Enjoy  ;D

--- End quote ---

I'll give it a try. There are a few ROMs that I still can't get to run on my Dingoo A380. Maybe with the DT conversion tool it might work.

Alien Grey:
It looks like I've found a way to use ZIP format so we don't have to convert them anymore to FBA.

Partition 2

/local/dmenu/themes/ipen_en

Add .zip to Selectformat.

--- Code: ---SubMenuItem neogeo
        {
            Icon = "/usr/local/dmenu/themes/ipen/res/more.png"
            Name = "NEOGEO"
            Executable = "./nxu.dge"
            WorkDir = "/boot/game/fba"
            Selector = true
            SelectorDir = "/mnt/memory/game/neogeo/"
Selectformat = ".zip .fba"
Freq = 432
--- End code ---

If I'm right this should enable ZIP support for NEOGEO and when that is possible it should also be possible to enable FBA support for CPS1.  ;D

cypresstwist:

--- Quote from: Alien Grey on January 24, 2012, 07:05:10 PM ---It looks like I've found a way to use ZIP format so we don't have to convert them anymore to FBA.

Partition 2

/local/dmenu/themes/ipen_en

Add .zip to Selectformat.

--- Code: ---SubMenuItem neogeo
        {
            Icon = "/usr/local/dmenu/themes/ipen/res/more.png"
            Name = "NEOGEO"
            Executable = "./nxu.dge"
            WorkDir = "/boot/game/fba"
            Selector = true
            SelectorDir = "/mnt/memory/game/neogeo/"
Selectformat = ".zip .fba"
Freq = 432
--- End code ---

If I'm right this should enable ZIP support for NEOGEO and when that is possible it should also be possible to enable FBA support for CPS1.  ;D

--- End quote ---

I believe this only enables the menu to ”see” ZIP files listed by the NEOGEO sub-entry. The files won't run though.

Alien Grey:

--- Quote from: cypresstwist on January 25, 2012, 10:59:34 AM ---I believe this only enables the menu to ”see” ZIP files listed by the NEOGEO sub-entry. The files won't run though.

--- End quote ---

I don't know if it's going to work but maybe it's possible to use zip files and put the neogeo.zip with the ROMs.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version