Author Topic: Vectrex SDL  (Read 28565 times)

Coccijoe

• Underground Portables
Re: Vectrex SDL
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2010, 10:48:14 pm »
I notice a problem, when I push long time on X during the games, emulator stop working and return to menu.

squidlaser

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2010, 10:52:10 pm »
Vectrex on Dingoo! Thanks.

TheCaffeinator

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2010, 10:58:49 pm »
What's better file extension for Vectrex roms? Will .vecx be good enough for the emulator?

All the ones I got have a .vec extension.

I can probably just add the extra "x"... no big deal.

Having said that, there does seem to be a tendency toward 3-character extensions when possible... .smc, .mvs, .smd, .sms, .lnx, .col, .pce, .nes, .ngc, .gba, .a26, .a78, etc. I'm just sayin'.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 11:04:21 pm by TheCaffeinator »

TVSMASHER

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2010, 11:20:47 pm »
WOWWWOWOWOWWWW  :o :o :o :o

MUCHO THANKS for your work!

TheCaffeinator

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2010, 11:49:33 pm »
Just tried the .SIM version. Very nice! Compatibility seems very good so far... even runs PD ROMs.

I'm not getting any sound. Is this me or the emu?

Will a config screen be coming down the road?

Domian

« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2010, 11:58:01 pm »
I notice a problem, when I push long time on X during the games, emulator stop working and return to menu.

Answere:
Harteex, looks like SDL has the bug with X button: if the button pressed for long time (about 3 sec) the program quits.
That's standard "feature" of sys_judge_event -- Tim0xA was first who found it: http://boards.dingoonity.org/dingoo-development/platform-independant-dingoo-sdk/msg17853/#msg17853
So now all SDL-based games build with dingoo-sdk have the same "feature".
It's not really bug, but a feature in the OS. There are two ways you can use to fix it:

Either, before SDL init, do SDL_putenv("DINGOO_IGNORE_OS_EVENTS=1");
This is a dingoo specific flag to ignore the system events.

Otherwise you may also simply look for this code: if (event.type == SDL_QUIT)
and comment out the code so that you don't do anything on a quit event.

Domian

« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2010, 12:01:46 am »
I have a big selection of Vectrex ROMs waiting to be played on my Dingoo. Woo-hoo!
If they are free to share, can you share them? If it is ok by the Admins that is ofc?

TheCaffeinator

« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2010, 05:02:45 am »
I didin't realize it at the time, but I kind of already did, which probably would have gotten me banned if the ROMs weren't already in the public domain. Just look at my earlier posts in this thread; it'll be obvious.

Domian

« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2010, 08:47:24 am »
I didin't realize it at the time, but I kind of already did, which probably would have gotten me banned if the ROMs weren't already in the public domain. Just look at my earlier posts in this thread; it'll be obvious.
oh yea, stupid me :D missed that! thank you :)

nzeemin

Vectrex SDL 0.3
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2010, 02:11:13 pm »
Vectrex SDL 0.3 -- now with overlays!

This version seek for file <gamename>.png.
For now I prepared only two overlays: for Frogger and for Armor games.

Download: http://nzeemin-opensrc.googlecode.com/files/VectrexSdl_0_3.zip

Some more words on overlays. The .png file should be 320x240 pixels, so the image rotated 90 degree clockwise.
There are some overlays prepared for MESS project: http://mess.redump.net/_media/artwork:vectrex.zip but the images should be resized and rotated.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 02:14:14 pm by nzeemin »

Chris23235

« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2010, 07:56:40 pm »
Thanks for your work, any plans of including sound?

Maybe Fuzzi23 can provide us with a nice pack of overlays already converted for the Dingoo?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 07:58:27 pm by Chris23235 »

nzeemin

« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2010, 08:03:19 pm »
Thanks for your work, any plans of including sound?

Maybe Fuzzi23 can provide us with a nice pack of overlays already converted for the Dingoo?

All I done for the moment was just recompiling the existing emulator with some tuning. So I'm not ready to enhance it to the next level right now, sorry. First I have to finish one other project for Dingoo. Will see after that.

Chris23235

« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2010, 02:42:50 am »
No rush, right now I am happy to have Vectrex on my Dingoo at all.

fuzzi23

« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2010, 10:22:13 pm »
Yes, Yes...  Yessssss!!! ;D

After Amiga now my dearly beloved Vectrex. Thank you so much nzeemin. That's what I was waiting for. Now all that's missing is an VPinMAME Port. ;D

yes, as chris knows I work on an complete overlay pack (includes overlays for each homebrew game). But I want first complete my work before I publish them, so it could take months until it is done. :-\

nzeemin

Vectrex SDL 0.4
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2010, 04:06:17 pm »
Vectrex SDL 0.4:
  • In this new version I renamed rom.dat to ROM.VECX so now you can select ROM.VECX in the list of game roms -- that means "do not use any cartridge, run Mine Storm game from the device ROM".
  • "I push long time on X during the game" problem was addressed.
  • Also, I included 15 PD games in the archive along with overlays adopted to the Dingoo version.

Download: http://nzeemin-opensrc.googlecode.com/files/VectrexSdl_0_4.zip
Enjoy!

Post a new topic
Post a new topic