Author Topic: vAtari - Atari 2600 emulator for Dingoo Native (and Gamepark GP32)  (Read 5632 times)

slaanesh (OP)

• Slaanesh Dev
vAtari - Atari 2600 emulator for Dingoo Native (and Gamepark GP32)
« on: September 21, 2014, 10:45:00 am »

What is vAtari?

vAtari is an Atari 2600 emulator for the Dingoo Native (.SIM) and the Gamepark GP32.

If you wish to discuss or ask any questions about vAtari please do so here.

See http://www.slaanesh.net/ for details and download links.

mjhr

Re: vAtari - Atari 2600 emulator for Dingoo Native (and Gamepark GP32)
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2014, 02:11:10 pm »
Thank you very much Slaanesh!!!... You are the man!!!...
I am already playing my favorit Atari 2600 games on my Dingoo Native!!!...
Really nice emulation!!!...
Just give me a little hand with a detail, once I play a rom, I cannot select a second one without first reset my Dingoo... Has anyone else noticed that?

chevette

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2014, 02:22:27 pm »
Holding the 2 shoulder buttons gets me back to the ROM list. Thank you, thank you, thank you slaanesh. So far, every ROM runs great. Pitfall 2 runs at full speed though the sound is off a bit. Native A320 emulation is now complete!
Thank you again!!

chevette

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2014, 02:32:51 pm »
Starpath games are working too!

miroli

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2014, 05:22:30 pm »

What is vAtari?

vAtari is an Atari 2600 emulator for the Dingoo Native (.SIM) and the Gamepark GP32.

If you wish to discuss or ask any questions about vAtari please do so here.

See http://www.slaanesh.net/ for details and download links.

Bug report:
After quiting Space Invaders, other games don't load, but a message shows up: "Simulator not exit, download please"
Seegaa

miroli

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2014, 05:24:19 pm »
Bug report:
After quiting Space Invaders, other games don't load, but a message shows up: "Simulator not exit, download please"

And any other games load from the flash memory!
Seegaa

miroli

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2014, 05:26:05 pm »
i mean any other games DO NOT load from the flash memory!
Seegaa

LastBlade

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2014, 06:38:17 pm »
There's a bug: after playing a game and exiting the emulator, you're unable to load a new game unless you start and exit another emulator / application / music file. Looked for info in the vatari.txt file and it says: "Error opening file".

The games I ran were fine, audio and video are good quality. Only in game "Combat" the lower part of the screen is not visible!

slaanesh (OP)

• Slaanesh Dev
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2014, 01:57:24 am »
There may be the odd issue with it but most things should work fairly well.

Let me know which version of Combat you used. Check in your log file which is created on the SD card.

Possible work arounds:

* Use an NTSC version - they tend to work better - PAL/SECAM versions are generally not as well supported in this emulator.
* Try another version of Combat

Also, if you experience an error, please copy and paste the relevant lines from the log created on the SD card.
The entire log entry for the ROM would be most helpful.

spn-x

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2014, 08:33:11 am »
This might be the wrong thread but I also got this "exit the emulator and not being able to load another app" with mame4all. When I exit the emulator I have to go back to the main menu and from there navigate back to the mame folder to start another mame app
My Dingoo : Dingux // dmenu 0.3 ; gmenu2x // Native : FW 1.2
                    Joystick Mod

samir

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2014, 06:02:40 pm »
Thanksss!! ;D ;D ;D atari 2600, what a nostálgico system.

slaanesh (OP)

• Slaanesh Dev
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2014, 10:58:12 pm »
This might be the wrong thread but I also got this "exit the emulator and not being able to load another app" with mame4all. When I exit the emulator I have to go back to the main menu and from there navigate back to the mame folder to start another mame app
Yes wrong thread, but MAME4ALL only runs one game and then exits - this is intentional. The previous method was not reliable as early versions of MAME were only designed to run one game and then exit.
The reason being that many variables are not reset.

LastBlade

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2014, 11:10:08 pm »

Let me know which version of Combat you used. Check in your log file which is created on the SD card.

Also, if you experience an error, please copy and paste the relevant lines from the log created on the SD card.

Using the non-PAL version of Combat, I can see a bigger portion of the screen, but still it's not the entire screen space (I've tried the same roms in javatari emulator and I get the whole screen). Anyway you can find vAtari log file here:

http://pastebin.com/17GwDCeL

But the worst thing now is that I've having a lot of issues with other emulators / applications! Some emus freeze the Dingoo (Proosystem, Gnuboy, SameGoo), others like MAME v1.3 and Temper just don't start anymore, others display the message "Simulator not exit, download please!" (SmsGGoo). Only default Dingoo emu seem to work!  :(
I can't access some folders and files in the GAME folder of the Dingoo using Windows7, I think they're damaged.

When I have some time I will check if I can fix this mess  :( :( :( please help.

slaanesh (OP)

• Slaanesh Dev
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2014, 11:17:49 pm »

Using the non-PAL version of Combat, I can see a bigger portion of the screen, but still it's not the entire screen space (I've tried the same roms in javatari emulator and I get the whole screen). Anyway you can find vAtari log file here:

http://pastebin.com/17GwDCeL

But the worst thing now is that I've having a lot of issues with other emulators / applications! Some emus freeze the Dingoo (Proosystem, Gnuboy, SameGoo), others like MAME v1.3 and Temper just don't start anymore, others display the message "Simulator not exit, download please!" (SmsGGoo). Only default Dingoo emu seem to work!  :(
I can't access some folders and files in the GAME folder of the Dingoo using Windows7, I think they're damaged.

When I have some time I will check if I can fix this mess  :( :( :( please help.

You will need to run a file system check on your Dingoo A320.
Connect the A320 to the USB port of your PC.
From Windows, click properties on the drive, select the "Tools" tab and run the "Error-checking" option.
Click "Check now" and have the "Automatically fix file system errors" checked.

I have the same problem with my A320 - I have found that the internal storage is pretty damaged from excessive usage.
I use external SD cards for most emulators/games now.

Try using an external SD card.

joyeux

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2014, 10:29:04 pm »
Great job Slaanesh! Thank you so much.

I just want to note that I think a frontend would be a better idea than the SIM program because it takes a bit longer to load the emulator for each small rom we try to load. But it is up to you to decide how it will work!

Also, for people with "exit the emulator and not being able to load another app" error, this could have been caused by the number of files (atari roms) at the same folder. Maybe separating the roms by alphabetical folders will resolve the issue.
"Life is a dream, and it's morning for you."

- Wan Fu