Author Topic: New OhBoy release for native  (Read 58154 times)

clach04 (OP)

Re: New OhBoy release for native
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2011, 05:57:41 pm »
See main.c 44100. A while back Ayla was looking at improving sound support in gnuboy (rather than OhBoy) but lost his source after a HD crash :-(
But I redid it completely ;)

The improvement I made was a better synchronization with the sound thread; as a result some sounds were much better (like, the little sound when you press start on the Pokemon games). The problem is that the changes I made are not easily portable to oh-boy, as it handles the sound completely differently (because of the frameskip feature I believe). Oh-boy does not use a power-of-two as the buffer size, which is necessary for it to run on legacy dingux (otherwise it will crash), and triggers sound cracks and even kernel crashs on OpenDingux.

If you can change the sound subsystem so that it uses a power-of-two value for the buffer size, it's a matter of re-compiling oh-boy to get it to play nicely on OD.

One of the many To Do items is to pull the sound code out of OhBoy and rely on (a slightly modified) gnuboy SDL sound routines. Similarly the gfx painting  system should under go the same change too. Sadly I don't have any time to implement this though :-( I'm having trouble keeping my other projects going!

clach04 (OP)

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2011, 06:05:20 pm »
in NO.3 question:some roms cant run ,such as "rockman DX3" etc..i have test ,DX3 can run on gnuboy4D

I wonder if that is either because gnuboy4d is using an older gnuboy base (i.e. regression bug in gnuboy) or some dingux/native difference (occasionally we find oddities at runtime). Could you contact me privately about this rom?

in NO.4 question:i express wrong message... sorry for my english...i mean...if can add a gbc filter that can chang corlor screen to black and white screen ,will good.. 

Ahhh, I see! the existing color filter could probably be hacked to do that, I don't have time to work on that at the moment but I've created http://code.google.com/p/ohboy/issues/detail?id=25 for tracking.

i find another bugs...
CPU frequency cant be set,for example when you set CUP at "200mhz" ,then press apply or apply&save,then exit menu to run game...when you once again open the menu the CUP at "default"...,is not at "200mhz".....

That one s actually deliberate. My concern was people over/under-clocking and forgetting (or having problems) and needing a quick way to reset without resorting to edit .rc files. I'm reluctant to change that behavior.

clach04 (OP)

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2011, 06:19:04 pm »
Really Great Emulator! Would be nice to be able to set rom path to minisd/mass tho, you can browse to them but not set path there. Also maybe adding left and right to jump thru roms faster would be good to

This did previously work :-(  see http://code.google.com/p/ohboy/source/detail?r=fcdbcd7df812a8e05a662a8121c1fcb1af8a9a4e I'm not sure when this got broken.

One thing you can do as a workaround is edit the .rc file and set the path that way. Either on a desktop machine or on the Dingoo using https://bitbucket.org/clach04/dpadtext/overview

RE fast scrolling, yeah we need that :-( I'm pretty short on time these days. I started working on it when I had a lot of spare time (after knee surgery when I had to sit all the time), right now I'm trying to address the atrophy I have. I've not abandoned OhBoy, OhBoy is just lower on my priority list now. So if people have well engineered, clean patches that don't require re-working or cleanup that is the best way to get new features implemented. Even better would be a hg repo that can simply be pulled into the official repo.

wy_scorpio

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2011, 11:34:20 am »
in NO.3 question:some roms cant run ,such as "rockman DX3" etc..i have test ,DX3 can run on gnuboy4D

I wonder if that is either because gnuboy4d is using an older gnuboy base (i.e. regression bug in gnuboy) or some dingux/native difference (occasionally we find oddities at runtime). Could you contact me privately about this rom?

in NO.4 question:i express wrong message... sorry for my english...i mean...if can add a gbc filter that can chang corlor screen to black and white screen ,will good.. 

Ahhh, I see! the existing color filter could probably be hacked to do that, I don't have time to work on that at the moment but I've created http://code.google.com/p/ohboy/issues/detail?id=25 for tracking.

i find another bugs...
CPU frequency cant be set,for example when you set CUP at "200mhz" ,then press apply or apply&save,then exit menu to run game...when you once again open the menu the CUP at "default"...,is not at "200mhz".....

That one s actually deliberate. My concern was people over/under-clocking and forgetting (or having problems) and needing a quick way to reset without resorting to edit .rc files. I'm reluctant to change that behavior.

....maybe is roms chinese name problem..
when i change chinese name to english..DX3 can run fine..

DL95

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2011, 02:41:20 pm »
i cant seem to run it, i deleted all of previous gb emulators, is there something else i have to download with it?

clach04 (OP)

« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2011, 05:41:29 am »
OhBoy is released as a .app (it is not a .sim) so there is no need to delete any old GB emulators.

It should just load without the need for any other files (even roms).

wy_scorpio

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2011, 02:53:45 pm »
bugs report..

the volume cant be saved...when i run ohboy and set volume at 60,it is works at 60..but when i exit ohboy,and run ohboy once again,the volume is at 100...

DL95

« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2011, 01:09:48 am »
i put it on my dingoo a320 and went to the super mario land folderand  the file didnt show show, what do i have to do to get it to work?

hi-ban

« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2011, 03:21:10 am »
@DL95:
you must execute the .app file.
select "3d games" in the menu, then browse to the .app file and select it.

@wy_scorpio:
The volume thing is a known issue. The saving feature for the volume settings is not implemented yet.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 03:25:39 am by hi-ban »

gsoft

For Old Gemei X760+
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2011, 02:18:43 pm »

hi-ban

« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2012, 06:05:31 am »
New update for Native:

http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/dingoo.cgi?0,0,0,0,71,561

Now the emulator is in SIM format (instead of APP) so you must delete other Gameboy SIM emulators.

Remember to read the Readmes.

Enjoy!

wy_scorpio

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2012, 02:10:14 pm »
New update for Native:

Now the emulator is in SIM format (instead of APP) so you must delete other Gameboy SIM emulators.

Enjoy!

great!thanks very very much :D
now,ohboy can make color gbc rom to black and white...
there..
if can add "DMG Dark,DMG medium,DMG light" in "filter type"?this will make  playing gbc roms like on one real  "gameboy"....thx very much ;)

hi-ban

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2012, 02:19:25 pm »
It is a bit more difficult than you think, but i think it can be done. i'll take a look into it.

wy_scorpio

« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2012, 02:34:33 pm »
It is a bit more difficult than you think, but i think it can be done. i'll take a look into it.

thx :)

gsoft

« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2012, 03:05:27 pm »
New update for Native:

Enjoy!

Source Code available?

Post a new topic
Post a new topic