Author Topic: What are the best settings for the native audio player?  (Read 6640 times)

Meneer Jansen (OP)

What are the best settings for the native audio player?
« on: November 22, 2009, 05:26:45 pm »
Sometimes I hook up my MP3 player/Dingoo to my stereo amplifier in the living room. Nice jukebox! But wat are the best settings for the native audio player on the Dingoo? There are so many vague settings in the Setup screen. Obviously, NO funky equalizer settings (i.e. set the Eq to normal). Also. I've set the speaker setting to "General speakers".

But I don't understand what the Chinese manufacturers mean by "3D audio settings". There is 3D, High frequency (treble?) and Bass. I've set them all to "close". But does that mean "off" in Chinese? The settings you can choose are:
  • close
  • weak
  • medium
  • strong
Which do y'all choose?
Finally got me a new Dingoo after I Kentucky ~~::fried::~~ the other one. Yippee! [edit] And lost it!

batman52

Re: What are the best settings for the native audio player?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2009, 05:54:25 pm »
In my opinion all the 3d effects are crappy. Equalizer settings could be useful, if they wouldn't distorce the sound (unfortunately they do), so in the end i am "forced" to shut up 3d effects and keep the eq settings to normal.

joepie91

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2009, 07:00:11 pm »
Sometimes I hook up my MP3 player/Dingoo to my stereo amplifier in the living room. Nice jukebox! But wat are the best settings for the native audio player on the Dingoo? There are so many vague settings in the Setup screen. Obviously, NO funky equalizer settings (i.e. set the Eq to normal). Also. I've set the speaker setting to "General speakers".

But I don't understand what the Chinese manufacturers mean by "3D audio settings". There is 3D, High frequency (treble?) and Bass. I've set them all to "close". But does that mean "off" in Chinese? The settings you can choose are:
  • close
  • weak
  • medium
  • strong
Which do y'all choose?

Close = Off
Weak = Close
Medium = Medium
Strong = Far Away

It simulates 3D audio, but it distorts the sound in a few songs. Doesn't work properly on everything. Recommended setting, IF using it, is Medium.
Also, high frequency indeed means Treble (which is high frequency, like bass is low frequency).

Meneer Jansen (OP)

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2009, 08:23:04 pm »
Thanks. So "close" is: off. I'll 'close' all of the (imho) redundant settings.  ;)
Finally got me a new Dingoo after I Kentucky ~~::fried::~~ the other one. Yippee! [edit] And lost it!

Nevinryal

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2010, 08:50:29 am »
Well it may not be of much importance but I have a device called a "boostaroo" if you google it you find that it runs on 2 AA batteries hooks up to any 3.5 MM headphone jack provides like 3 extra 3.5 jacks but most importantly amplifies the crap out of any 3.5mm signal with crisp clear and much more powerful sound. I havent found a setup that didn't benefit from this at some point but just though I'd throw it in.

LTStone

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2010, 06:41:58 pm »
There may be different dingoos when It comes to sound.. My first dingoo had very poor volume and any of the settings would distort the sound, I got a mini amp that totally fixed that problem. But my second dingoo sounds great, loud with no distortion on any of the effects and music through dingux goes louder yet.

RONIN

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2010, 10:14:35 am »
If i change the settings it just causes it to freeze faster than if i hadn't made any changes. I have never had the music player not freeze on  me.

joepie91

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2010, 03:17:08 am »
Well it may not be of much importance but I have a device called a "boostaroo" if you google it you find that it runs on 2 AA batteries hooks up to any 3.5 MM headphone jack provides like 3 extra 3.5 jacks but most importantly amplifies the crap out of any 3.5mm signal with crisp clear and much more powerful sound. I havent found a setup that didn't benefit from this at some point but just though I'd throw it in.
Or you might just buy a Fiio headphone amplifier, those apparently work great as well (myself, I only own a Fiio Walkbox, and it pairs up great with the Dingoo)

SilverhawkBR

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2011, 05:53:51 pm »
Strange, my 3D settings/Eq doesn't distort sound in any way. Maybe it's a bug? ::)

LTStone

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2011, 05:46:49 am »
Maybe HK version vs non HK,  My HK version had the better sound with no distortion but it had the Neo geo glitch whereas the non hk played  Neo geo fine.

Post a new topic
Post a new topic